Brandon Strikes Again

I_M4_AU

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Looks like the National Archives is a member in good standing of the liars club.

National Archives dismissed claims of mishandled Obama-Biden documents weeks before first batch was found | Fox News

There's a big difference between a mistake and a lie. 

More importantly, what does this have to do with Trump's document scandal timeline?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

There's a big difference between a mistake and a lie. ---you would make a good politician.

More importantly, what does this have to do with Trump's document scandal timeline?---It has everything to do with Biden which is a subject here.

• Dislike 1

20 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Actually I agree with a lot of what that article said, especially:

".....any prosecution of Trump will be narrowly based: not on the possession of secret documents but on obstruction of justice."

Which is the point I have been making all along.  It represents the crux of the difference between the two cases.

Like I said, had Trump behaved like Biden and cooperated with the Archives directory, we'd only be discussing the general problem of politicians taking documents they shouldn't be. (Which is apparently, quite common.)

As it is, if Trump is held accountable, it will be because  - unlike Biden - he resisted returning them (aka obstruction).

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Actually I agree with a lot of what that article said, especially:

".....any prosecution of Trump will be narrowly based: not on the possession of secret documents but on obstruction of justice."

Which is the point I have been making all along.  It represents the crux of the difference between the two cases.

Like I said, had Trump behaved like Biden and cooperated with the Archives directory, we'd only be discussing the general problem of politicians taking documents they shouldn't be. (Which is apparently, quite common.)

As it is, if Trump is held accountable, it will be because  - unlike Biden - he tried to resist their return.

It also expresses that the whole mess is beneficial to the GOP which you disagreed with in an earlier post.

As a side note....if you what to play the down vote game I'm in:tease:

Edited by Son of A Tiger

7 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

There's a big difference between a mistake and a lie. ---you would make a good politician.  By telling the truth?  :dunno:

You do believe a mistake is not the same as a lie don't you?

More importantly, what does this have to do with Trump's document scandal timeline?---It has everything to do with Biden which is a subject here.

But you posted it as a response to my post which was about  the time line for Trump.  You should have just posted as an independent statement since it had NOTHING to do with my post. 

• Facepalm 1

On 1/17/2023 at 4:56 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

It also expresses that the whole mess is beneficial to the GOP which you disagreed with in an earlier post.

As a side note....if you what to play the down vote game I'm in:tease:

Well, the GOP will certainly try to make it beneficial to them by trying to equate them. 

But my point is they cannot push for a thorough investigation of Biden without including the same sort of investigation of Trump.  

Biden will get a pass on simply taking the documents (as would have Trump without his resistant response.) 

The Trump investigation will focus on that resistant response.  This also opens up the question of intent - why did he not want to simply return them?

Furthermore, the quantitative - if not qualitative - differences in the respective document troves will come out. My understanding is that Trump kept far, far more than Biden did.

Bottom line, Trump - who is running for the Republican nomination - is way more vulnerable legally than Biden on this.  Both were wrong initially, but Trump's subsequent behavior was much worse, criminal in fact.

So, if Republicans think they are going to come out ahead on this, they are mistaken. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 4:11 PM, homersapien said:

Well, the GOP will certainly try to make it beneficial to them by trying to equate them. 

But my point is they cannot push for a thorough investigation of Biden without including the same sort of investigation of Trump.  

Biden will get a pass on simply taking the documents (as would have Trump without his resistant response.) 

The Trump investigation will focus on that resistant response.  This also opens up the question of intent - why did he not want to simply return them?

Furthermore, the quantitative - if not qualitative - differences in the respective document troves will come out. My understanding is that Trump kept far, far more than Biden did.

Bottom line, Trump - who is running for the Republican nomination - is way more vulnerable legally than Biden on this.  Both were wrong initially, but Trump's subsequent behavior was much worse, criminal in fact.

So, if Republicans think they are going to come out ahead on this, they are mistaken. 

C988F11B-CD2C-4C8D-ADE2-256F72E7E8D4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I guess we are now at $139,000 dollars now instead of $400,000:

I wonder if this is doubled for couples.  I guess we’ll find out.

On 1/25/2023 at 11:20 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Pssh...details. Knowing trivial stuff like, oh, actual Cabinet positions (for which he purportedly submitted nominees) doesn't matter a whit.

I mean, hell, Secretary of War would have been better, and that position was abolished over 75 years ago to create the current SecDef spot. That was back when Joe was driving 18-wheelers and telling Corn Pop what was up.

• Like 1

35BB839F-C826-406B-9752-AAF43B17E4CD.jpeg

• Haha 1

This is hilarious:

With Hunter as his child how could Ron Klain believe Joe is a good father?  Acorns and trees.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is hilarious:

With Hunter as his child how could Ron Klain believe Joe is a good father?  Acorns and trees.

On 1/25/2023 at 1:42 PM, I_M4_AU said:

I know several good parents that have drug addicted kids because those kids believed their peers more than the parents.  You are very short sighted.

• Haha 1

@arein0 two things can be true.  You can be a good parent and your kids can have a drug addiction and you can be a horrible parent and your kid can be a drug addict.  How you react is what makes you a good parent or not.

Ole Joe enabled his son at every turn in life.  Hunter sold his family’s name for profit, forced his employees to have sex with him and he filmed it, and was addicted to drugs.  Joe, evidently turned a blind eye to it all at best and was culpable at worst.

That is not good parenting.  You obviously don’t have a grasp of how parenting is done.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

@arein0 two things can be true.  You can be a good parent and your kids can have a drug addiction and you can be a horrible parent and your kid can be a drug addict.  How you react is what makes you a good parent or not.

Ole Joe enabled his son at every turn in life.  Hunter sold his family’s name for profit, forced his employees to have sex with him and he filmed it, and was addicted to drugs.  Joe, evidently turned a blind eye to it all at best and was culpable at worst.

That is not good parenting.  You obviously don’t have a grasp of how parenting is done.