Pope meets for 1 1/2 hours with Biden - Encourages Biden to continue receiving Communion

AU9377

3 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Trump Derangement Syndrome is a serious disease.............

I agree 100%. it infected the United states for 4 years from 2016-2020  and is starting to mutate for a possible and even probable resurgence in 2024. 

It would be stupid for the US to not have learned it's lessens from the first infection and to "forget" or "move on" from it so that it can re-infect the country just a few years later. That'd be silly.

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I agree 100%. it infected the United states for 4 years from 2016-2020  and is starting to mutate for a possible and even probable resurgence in 2024

It would be stupid for the US to not have learned it's lessens from the first infection and to "forget" or "move on" from it so that it can re-infect the country just a few years later. That'd be silly.

You can thank Biden for it if it happens, after Trump the standard was set so low that even another but slightly older racist white guy with dementia should have been able to knock it out of the park, but yet here we are. 

You and others are still so caught up thinking Trump is/was the problem, he was the symptom of a greater problem........but half the country is still blind to it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

You can thank Biden for it if it happens, after Trump the standard was set so low that even another but slightly older racist white guy with dementia should have been able to knock it out of the park, but yet here we are. 

You and others are still so caught up thinking Trump is/was the problem, he was the symptom of a greater problem........but half the country is still blind to it. 

This I fully agree with. We have 2 completely different views on that "greater problem" actually is, but at least we are at a starting point here.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This I fully agree with. We have 2 completely different views on that "greater problem" actually is, but at least we are at a starting point here.  

Corporate greed buying off politicians on both sides of the aisle.............I would say that this is the root of most of it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well duuuuh!  :-\

No one trying to demonize Biden - simply because he's a Democratic president - wants to make such a comparison (for obvious reasons). 

But like it or not, any discussion of Democratic governance is inherently about the choice that was made between Trump and Biden. If Biden were not president, then Trump would be. Ultimately, it's the only reason Biden was elected.

And that comparison remains inherent to any discussion of Democratic governance post election, because the Republican party is the only alternative and that party remains the party of Trump.  And Trump will run again.

'Whataboutism' in this case is unavoidable. 

So then are you saying that Biden is a liar and Trump is a worse liar? If so, then we agree.

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I agree 100%. it infected the United states for 4 years from 2016-2020  and is starting to mutate for a possible and even probable resurgence in 2024. 

I admit to being biased toward the conservative side of things, but I think that Trump getting the republican nomination for POTUS in 2024 would possibly be the worst thing that has ever happened in American politics. The conservatives desperately need to find a remotely acceptable candidate. I hope that the democrats do the same. It is truly embarrassing to look at the two parties' nominations over the past two elections.  It's like both parties are saying "hold my beer."

• Like 3

On 10/30/2021 at 2:59 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Again, you said *nobody* has questioned his character, I just pointed out that his character has been questioned.  You didn’t compare him to anybody so where is this coming from?

A President that told the American people that he would stay in Afghanistan until all US citizens were out that wanted to get out and then proceeds to leave 300+ citizens behind has no room to talk about character.

I suppose you wanted him to forcibly remove the Americans that wanted to stay.  The dumb asses had years to get out.  They chose to stay and get as much free money as possible.  You would think they had enough sense to gtfo., but apparently that isn't the case.  Therefore, tough.

• Like 1

Part of the problem is that many of the Trump worshipers are convinced that it isn't real and all other sorts of ignorance.

7 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I suppose you wanted him to forcibly remove the Americans that wanted to stay.  The dumb asses had years to get out.  They chose to stay and get as much free money as possible.  You would think they had enough sense to gtfo., but apparently that isn't the case.  Therefore, tough.

How about the American citizens that wanted to get out?  They are still there.  Joe, or his administration, doesn’t know who some of these people are or where they are.  These Americans probably took Joe’s words in July that the Afghan army was fully capable to defend Kabul and when he told ABC’s Commentator he would stay until all citizens that wanted to leave were out of Afghanistan.  I guess it was their fault after all for listening to a complete baffoon.

Have you wondered why the gangs of Haiti have kidnapped 17 US citizens for ransom?  Why would they even believe they could get away with this?  What is the Administration doing about those citizens?

• Facepalm 1

Corporate greed buying off politicians on both sides of the aisle.............I would say that this is the root of most of it. 

Add no term limits too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Part of the problem is that many of the Trump worshipers are convinced that it isn't real and all other sorts of ignorance.

There are no Trump worshipers. Nobody over here thinks of Trump as a god. That is the left. Trump literally spent his entire term saying America first. That is not divisive. What is divisive is the democrats who spent millions of dollars on four years of bogus fraudulent investigations against Trump.  It is almost like for democrats it is America last.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Grumps said:

So then are you saying that Biden is a liar and Trump is a worse liar? If so, then we agree.

Biden lies because he's periodically - but regularly - inept as a politician.  Trump lies because that's a core aspect of who he is - a con man.

It's not simply a quantitative difference.  There's a distinct qualitative difference.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 9:39 PM, bigbird said:

Add no term limits too

Without first addressing the money issue, term limits might make the problem even worse.  And if the money problem was first addressed, the problem of extensive incumbency would likely take care of itself. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 1:57 PM, homersapien said:

Biden lies because he's periodically - but regularly - inept as a politician.  Trump lies because that's a core aspect of who he is - a con man.

It's not simply a quantitative difference.  There's a distinct qualitative difference.

I don't disagree. I don't know either man's heart and I don't know how to tell the difference a lie due to ineptitude and a lie due to a con. They are both lies. I don't plan to trust either one of them.

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Grumps said:

I don't disagree. I don't know either man's heart and I don't know how to tell the difference a lie due to ineptitude and a lie due to a con. They are both lies. I don't plan to trust either one of them.

You should take an objective look at their pasts.

Just now, homersapien said:

You should take an objective look at their pasts.

Can you elaborate? Both have a history of being liars as far as I can tell.

12 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Can you elaborate? Both have a history of being liars as far as I can tell.

Seriously?

Are you really comparing Biden's biography  to Trump?

Look, I am no fan of Biden, but no serious (informed) person could possibly equate them from a moral and psychological standpoint.

But - assuming Biden runs again - you'll get your chance to make that distinction in 2024, when it counts. 

(Of course, if it's not "stolen"............ again)     :rolleyes:

Edited by homersapien

5 hours ago, Grumps said:

Well, I am sorry you can't prioritize your political aspirations.  I suggest you do more research on Trump.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Seriously?

Are you really comparing Biden's biography  to Trump?

Look, I am no fan of Biden, but no serious (informed) person could possibly equate them from a moral and psychological standpoint.

But - assuming Biden runs again - you'll get your chance to make that distinction in 2024, when it counts. 

(Of course, if it's not "stolen".  Again)     :rolleyes:

Seriously.

I can compare two things that are not identical. Actually, without comparing two things it is impossible to know if they are identical. I'm no fan of either one of them. I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but if you are saying that Biden is not as much of a con man as Trump then I will agree. Of course, Trump is not as demented at Biden. Please explain the point you are trying to make.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Well, I am sorry you can't prioritize your political aspirations.  I suggest you do more research on Trump.

I wasn't aware that I had any political aspirations. I get more lost each time you post.

11 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I wasn't aware that I had any political aspirations. I get more lost each time you post.

:rolleyes:

This is the political form.

Approach it with that perspective and maybe you wouldn't get so "lost".

Edited by homersapien

And if you want the Republicans to assume control of the country (which they pretty much have now, thanks to our archaic electoral system), then you have "aspirations". 

If otherwise, then you still have aspirations.

(But nice obfuscation) ;)

19 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Seriously.

I can compare two things that are not identical. Actually, without comparing two things it is impossible to know if they are identical.

If you think they are "identical" then you have already compared them.

On 11/1/2021 at 5:53 PM, wdefromtx said:

Which is only possible because the state interferes in business. 

• Dislike 1