If Dems will accept there was no collusion, will everyone else…

TexasTiger

“No question that he was absolutely willing to accept Russia’s — or any country’s — illicit support, and no doubt he actually asked for it. I saw him do it, on national television, in the campaign. We all did.”

Referring to the joking about the emails? Kind of reason this Russia hoax stuff gets old.

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

“No question that he was absolutely willing to accept Russia’s — or any country’s — illicit support, and no doubt he actually asked for it. I saw him do it, on national television, in the campaign. We all did.”

Referring to the joking about the emails? Kind of reason this Russia hoax stuff gets old.

You may have missed the point.

5 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Still waiting for the vast majority of Republicans to admit what we all heard Trump and his NSA officials admit took place in Ukraine.

Biden threatening to withhold $ until the prosecutor investigating his son is fired...and then releasing the funds after the prosecutor was fired?

That part?

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Biden threatening to withhold $ until the prosecutor investigating his son is fired...and then releasing the funds after the prosecutor was fired?

That part?

You are placing two things together that are not connected.  You should be smart enough to see that a bi partisan Senate committee on Ukraine, the EU, the IMF (International Monetary Fund) and the British PM had all demanded the same thing.  None of them gave a rat's ass about Hunter Biden.  They all wanted the prosecutor fired because he had a history of not prosecuting corruption.  You want to ignore all those actors and simply lump it all on the fact that Hunter Biden had been given a highly paid position on a Ukranian gas company's board of directors simply due to his last name.

Hunter should not have taken that position, but he isn't the first or most recent to profit from their father being President or VP.  In fact, there are countless people being paid large sums of money in this country to sit on a board and never go to a meeting.  They want the name on the documents and the hope is that it pays off somehow.

• Like 2

On 12/2/2021 at 9:30 AM, AU9377 said:

You are placing two things together that are not connected.  You should be smart enough to see that a bi partisan Senate committee on Ukraine, the EU, the IMF (International Monetary Fund) and the British PM had all demanded the same thing.  None of them gave a rat's ass about Hunter Biden.  They all wanted the prosecutor fired because he had a history of not prosecuting corruption.  You want to ignore all those actors and simply lump it all on the fact that Hunter Biden had been given a highly paid position on a Ukranian gas company's board of directors simply due to his last name.

Hunter should not have taken that position, but he isn't the first or most recent to profit from their father being President or VP.  In fact, there are countless people being paid large sums of money in this country to sit on a board and never go to a meeting.  They want the name on the documents and the hope is that it pays off somehow.

Not just his last name. Joe was the sitting Vice President and in charge of Ukraine foreign policy. That is not the same thing as sitting on a board because your name is famous.

So the prosecutor was fired and who replaced him? Another corrupt prosecutor? Someone acceptable to Biden?  Hand picked?  Perhaps a prosecutor who knew who to leave alone when doing the investigation?  EU IMF British PM don’t care about Hunter Biden? They should. It’s a huge conflict of interest. 

Bird is correct. Joe is the ONLY one to extort favors for money.

• Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1

So we were always on the brink of discovering some document, or phone call, or testimony that would represent the equivalent of the Nixon tapes, and prove that Clinton was cheated of her rightful destiny, and erase 2016 in a flash. Night after night after night, cable news was obsessed with what they hoped would be their Watergate moment. Some cable stars — Rachel Maddow prime among them — pushed this high drama, with ever more thunderous melodrama and ever more pathetic evidence, speculating and assuming that the president of the United States was secretly controlled by the president of Russia, Vladimir Putin.

This. Was. bull****. And countless hacks pushed it and pushed it — especially the Steele Dossier, which was published by Ben Smith, and pee-lieved by Jon Chait, neither of whom will cop to any misjudgments, let alone apologize. The US Congress authorized an all-star prosecution team, with near-limitless subpoena power, to get to the bottom of it, and it turned out, after two years of exhaustive investigation, there wasn’t that much of a bottom, at least with respect to a “conspiracy” or “collusion.”

<Golf clap>

My problem: I now openly consider those that still peelieve this trash to be Sierra Foxtrots. There is no hope for them. They will always be READY TO PEELIEVE ANYTHING, NO MATTER HOW F'IN BAT CRAP CRAZY IT IS AS LONG AS IT FITS THEIR VERSION OF A NARRATIVE.

And Trump loved Putin. Of course he did. Putin is Trump’s idea of a real leader: a mob boss, made powerful by oil and gas, swaggering around in a personality cult, killing foes, taking names. The idea that Trump had to be blackmailed into supporting him is quite simply unhinged.

<golf clap>

One other thing. The minute Trump was elected president in a stunning upset, he was accused of rigging the election in league with a foreign power. How else could he have won?, wondered the entire press corps who had assumed Clinton was a shoo-in. And so they basically accused a new president of treason and illegitimacy — and kept that narrative going for years. For good measure, they printed an entirely unverified dossier, originating with Democrats, just because it was full of juicy anecdotes, and people were talking about it. They talked endlessly of the president being peed on by prostitutes to compromise him — when they had zero evidence to back it up.

And you wonder why Trump’s supporters dug in? If your candidate came from behind in one of the most riveting campaigns in modern history — and then was instantly greeted by media accusations that it was all due to his treasonous conspiracy with Putin — wouldn’t you feel ticked off? Wouldn’t you even feel that the media was the enemy and would never give Trump any benefit of any doubt? Polarization goes both ways.

I have basically said almost word for word what AS is saying here. 
trump is a fool, a clown  a conman, a failed businessman, an idiot savant of public mood and aggravatingly accurate at diagnosing the mood of half the nation. For being as prescient as AS, i get a daily supply of facepalms, thumbsdowns, dismissals, etc. The very people I have quoted, Taibbi, Mate', Ball & Enjeti all say the same things Sullivan just said here, but they are poo-pooed ad mauseum because "how dare you show me fact & truths that interfere with my narrative." To all that I must say that I have laughed my ass off at every bit of it. I understand that you were alarmed at trumps election, SO WAS I!!!!!

But in the face of alarm, you must still act like a grownup. You have to have standards. You cannot just emotionally over react  to every situation.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

My problem: I now openly consider those that still believe this trash to be Sierra Foxtrots. There is no hope for them. They will always be READY TO PEELIEVE ANYTHING, NO MATTER HOW F'IN BAT CRAP CRAZY IT IS AS LONG AS IT FITS THEIR VERSION OF A NARRATIVE.

The *January 6th insurrection * is taking on the same flavor.  Any minute now, we will break Brannon or Giuliani and the whole GOP will unravel.  Can’t wait.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The *January 6th insurrection * is taking on the same flavor.  Any minute now, we will break Brannon or Giuliani and the whole GOP will unravel.  Can’t wait.

Thank you. Yes, the peelievers are off to the next new shiny thing in their lives, the idea that a badly planned lame half-assed riot was a Constitutionally threatening event when it failed at every level and had the real people in power in Washington, Milley and the Military. been called it would have been put down in a nano-second.

When clutching pearls is all you got, it is ALL you got.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

But the Russia hype was media over-reach of massive proportions, over-hyping and always under-whelming, fueled by tribal passion, fed by the media’s embarrassment for its 2016 coverage, and an understandable panic that led to a total loss of perspective. The whale was pursued most intensely by Never Trumpers swiftly merging with the liberal establishment and Clintonites who couldn’t absorb that their candidate was ONE OF THE WORST IN MODERN POLITICAL HISTORY.

I’ve said this before and I will say this again, although so many of you still refuse to accept it. The reason Trump became president was due to many, many factors. But if you had to single out one person responsible for it, it was not Vladimir Putin. It was Hillary Clinton. And a lot of the Russia overkill was a way of avoiding that central, uncomfortable truth.

Crowd Cheering GIF - Crowd Cheering GIFs | Gif, Cool gifs, Cheer

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Thank you. Yes, the peelievers are off to the next new shiny thing in their lives, the idea that a badly planned lame half-assed riot was a Constitutionally threatening event when it failed at every level and had the real people in power in Washington, Milley and the Military been called, it would have been put done in a nano-second.

When clutching pearls is all you got, it is ALL you got.

So, is "peelievers" a term for the people who believe that there is a tape of Trump watching two prostitutes pee on each other (or was it on him) as alleged by some during one of Trump's POTUS campaigns but never materialized? And has it become a term to describe people who believe anything negative that it said about Trump, despite the presence or absence of evidence?

I had not heard this term and want to be sure that I understand it correctly. Thanks in advance!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

Thanks for sharing! I agree with almost every bit of it. Do you?

Pretty much. Sullivan’s an old school clear conservative thinker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grumps said:

So, is "peelievers" a term for the people who believe that there is a tape of Trump watching two prostitutes pee on each other (or was it on him) as alleged by some during one of Trump's POTUS campaigns but never materialized? And has it become a term to describe people who believe anything negative that it said about Trump, despite the presence or absence of evidence?

I had not heard this term and want to be sure that I understand it correctly. Thanks in advance!

Its in the AS Article.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1