Men vs Syracuse Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Still don't think he deserved it, but oh well. I'm trying to remember, did old goober back years ago at ole miss ever get a tech against us? I don't remember him getting one, and he was straight over the top lol

• Like 1

Found this comment on the Cuse SB page.  Thought it was interesting an outside thought so. 

Auburn

I watched every game of this tournament and I thought Auburn was the best team ! No shame in losing to them ! Cuse had to shoot better and handle the ball batter to have a chance to win which they did neither. Defense is a disaster! Jesse development is the most important outcome of this tournament! This team will beat the decent teams but will need everything to go their way to beat the good teams !

By roysrunts44 on 11.26.21 7:24pm

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Would've been nice to have played Baylor, but I think coach and the team feels good where they are at this time in the season...and just think when Alan comes back....but today, they flushed the Cuse and Auburn quickness sped up the game....good victory and an overall good tourney...

11 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Would've been nice to have played Baylor, but I think coach and the team feels good where they are at this time in the season...and just think when Alan comes back....but today, they flushed the Cuse and Auburn quickness sped up the game....good victory and an overall good tourney...

This . AU has an exciting bunch. That KD is a beast on the court . He plays angry . Need him on the football field lol

I know others have discussed it some, but could you imagine this team with Coop at the point!?!?!?!   Wow!!!  I think the biggest thing this team is missing is a PG that can dish anywhere on the court with the kind of vision Coop has    

A starting 5 of Coop, KD, Flan, Jabari, and Kessler, with great depth behind them….that’s a team I could see winning it all!!!!

• Like 3

I had so much fun watching the game and had almost as much fun reading this thread! Thanks guys, for making it so much fun! It's going to be a fun season!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

And he STILL didn't make the All-tournament team. Only Jabari made it. KD should have been on it, but i bet they like to spread it around.

And a great stat I found.

Last year our top defenders was Flanigan and Cambridge with 24 steals each on the YEAR.

KD has 20 steals in 6 games so far. Unbelievable defense.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Guys I've watched a lot of basketball in my days at 41 years old and growing up Big Blue country in Lexington, Ky., and I can honestly say without reservation this Auburn team has the players to be something really special.  The season is young and Auburn already looks to be competitive with the best out there on any given night.  Sure there are plenty of teams out there like this, but there are VERY few that are this good and this new as a team.  The guys are really just learning where they fit in the team and how to play together.  Give them another ten games and its going to be something special to watch.  They all look 100% bought-in to Bruce's plan and the defensive effort is outstanding.  Watching Zep and KD stick to their guys like glue and the rest of of them run around full-speed the entire game is so much fun.  What can you say about Jabari? They are already calling him a top 3 draft pick and he is just getting started.  The kid can do it all very well, and his pull-up jumper is a thing of beauty.  This team is going to go really, really far this year, I have no doubts about that.   

• Like 3

Well anyone who knows basketball knows that this team has the stuff. Can we stay healthy? How long does it take to find our rhythm and rotation once Alan gets back? If all goes well I see this team as anywhere from a 1-4 seed in the tournament. Sweet sixteen caliber ball club. I think everything kinda hinges on our guards. Teams that get in our chest and make it difficult to make entry passes I think can give us trouble. Our front court is the most talented I have ever seen at Auburn. I like it. This should be a fun ride.