Tank Bigsby Expected to Transfer

Zeek

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

We have zero reason to be worried about Texas. Gonna be the second worst team in the SEC when they come in.

For maybe a year.  Sark will have UTx humming in another cycle, especially with Ewars going there.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I know I give you a hard time (and lets be real FOR GOOD REASON! lmao) but you have very thick skin. Since when do you have a little melt down. Where is this coming from? This is not like you bruh. This isn't you.

I think the realization of the trajectory we've been on since 2017 just hit me 

I always felt like we were one thing away from getting back to UGA and Bama's levels, a QB, an OC a something. We're a LOT of things from getting back to that levels and it just doesn't seem like we'll ever get there again 

• Like 2

Just now, bigbird said:

For maybe a year.  Sark will have UTx humming in another cycle, especially with Ewars going there.

Depends on the PTB at Texas, their boosters are worse at meddling then Auburn's.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

If its not the playoffs, I don't care about the bowl.  Meaningless exhibition.

Only non-playoff bowl games I would even think of attending are the Sugar and Vegas bowls, and that is 100% because of the party, not the game.

I can appreciate the go big or go home mindset you have. But man, I don’t think we are on the right track to go big with this guy at the helm. He’s done literally nothing positive since he’s been here, other than beating the worst LSU team in 15 years in BR and bringing back the orange face masks. He has recruited poorly, we were getting clowned daily for our vax rates, we got worse record wise, we’ve lost our two best offensive starters. 

Those orange face masks are sexy af though.

• Like 1

We all know it will come down to recruiting. I love Tank and it absolutely sucks if we lose him. But that is not abnormal with a coaching change these days. My concern with Harsin has been and remains his ability to recruit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Depends on the PTB at Texas, their boosters are worse at meddling then Auburn's.

They're tired of sucking and aren't playing around.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I always felt like we were one thing away from getting back to UGA and Bama's levels, a QB, an OC a something. We're a LOT of things from getting back to that levels and it just doesn't seem like we'll ever get there again 

That is the problem. Only being one thing away does not mean it would have staying power. Just like 2010. Just like 2013. That is what I yearn for is sustained success and someone building a winning PROGRAM. Not a team. a PROGRAM. Something where we can for the first time since the 80's have sustained success. We have not had back to back 10 win seasons since the year after I was born..................

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

They're tired of sucking and aren't playing around.

Well then, yeah maybe a year then tops, you are probably right.

23 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I don’t want to lose anyone, but when things start to really fall apart sometimes you have to get to rock bottom before you can go up. It al starts with recruiting. ALL OF IT. Gus would still be here if he could recruit OL better. Bo and Tank would not be leaving. Harsin (so far) is having the same problem recruiting. 

we have to change it all or we will be mediocre forever. It all starts with ramping up NIL at AU. 

At no point in the Chizik/Gus era has Auburn's recruiting been this low rated three days before signing day. Harsin isn't having the same problem, Harsin's problem with recruiting is much, much worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is the problem. Only being one thing away does not mean it would have staying power. Just like 2010. Just like 2013. That is what I yearn for is sustained success and someone building a winning PROGRAM. Not a team. a PROGRAM. Something where we can for the first time since the 80's have sustained success. We have not had back to back 10 win seasons since the year after I was born..................

I still don't want this guy fired because if you do it now, then it was all for nothing. At this point Auburn has to just eat a couple punches and pray this man has a long term plan. The best case scenario no matter is what is that, at least for the next 2-3 years while everybody else in the SEC is trending up, that we at least appear to be competitive 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

At no point in the Chizik/Gus era has Auburn's recruiting been this low rated three days before signing day. Harsin isn't having the same problem, Harsin's problem with recruiting is much, much worse.

I’m not a fan of Harsin right now. But he will/should end up with a top 20 class for this year. I’m more interested in what he does in the transfer portal.

Edited by Taco
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

8 wins is starting to look really nice these days. I’d take a couple of 6 win seasons if I saw a HC with a plan in place to get us to that 10-12 win mark. But right now I see nothing like that. I see a bland class coming in and a bunch of talented players leaving. 

I see a guy who is having to clean up messes that people ignored for a long time.  Lots of folks apparently OK holding a house together with super glue instead of building with bricks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What was Gus' class ranked when he was fired?

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So why did Gus suck at the most important position on the offense? For YEARS? 

9 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

A team leader would be helping recruit o-lineman out of the transfer portal, of course that also means you need to be likable.

I don't know anything about what's gone on, but I hope it comes out. You're not the only one saying this. Bo, Tank, Seth, Shivers, Schwartz were all good players. But it didn't take an expert to tell that the chemistry and demeanors on the sidelines the past 3 looked really off compared to previous years. A ton of frustration 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I see a guy who is having to clean up messes that people ignored for a long time.  

For example...arguing for years that we had adequate depth on the OL?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Just need the right coach. Hang in there!

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You have to admit, that was the only class rated that low. Plus he was fired before signing day so who knows where we would’ve actually finished. Again, just being honest.

I don’t know how many times I’ll keep saying this: but it was time for Gus to go, I just don’t think we got the right replacement.

Edited by AU-24

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I see a guy who is having to clean up messes that people ignored for a long time.  Lots of folks apparently OK holding a house together with super glue instead of building with bricks.

Some of the same concerns from the previous regime u still saw with head scratching decision this year. So its being cleaned up while some of the same mistakes are being made. Either way he should probably get 4 years. Unless things completely fall of the rails. Hopefully, Wednesday turns out to be a great day for Auburn Football

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Who knows or cares? He was fired before signing day. It is worthy of note that of the four 4* recruits we signed last cycle, three committed to Gus. Just think how horrible Harsin's class would have been if not for the guys Gus already had on board!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Mikey said:

Who knows or cares? He was fired before signing day. It is worthy of note that of the four 4* recruits we signed last cycle, three committed to Gus. Just think how horrible Harsin's class would have been if not for the guys Gus already had on board!

You are a piece of work. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

You have to admit, that was the only class rated that low

It was, but the trend was there.  The result wasn't due to a loss of recruiting ability but more of a loss in confidence HS coaches and players had in Gus 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You have to admit, that was the only class rated that low. Plus he was fired before signing day so who knows where we would’ve actually finished. Again, just being honest.

I don’t know how many times I’ll keep saying this: but it was time for Gus to go, I just don’t think we got the right replacement.

What's our biggest unit issue on the team?  I think we can agree its O-line, right?

Cool.  Now how many HS o lineman did Gus sign over the last four years?  Go look at that number because its important.

Having a bunch of highly rated skill position players means nothing if you can't block for them AND keep them on campus.  Remember, a bunch of our highest rated recruits transferred out while Gus was still here.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

So why did Gus suck at the most important position on the offense? For YEARS? 

Go get a roster, look at the names and check how many were 4* O-line recruits. You will be surprised. Coaching may have been a problem, but Gus did sign them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1