Tank Bigsby Expected to Transfer

Zeek

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

So I guess the easier question to answer would be who is coming back?

QB - Finley?

HB - Jarquez

WR - Kobe and who tf knows

TE - Landon King

OL - Also who tf knows

Yikes!

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I say again, sometimes you have to tear it all down to the foundation to build something better. 

Losing the team's top players isn't how you want to tear it down. We are losing the foundation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Losing Tank to UGA because we couldn't figure out how to use him, especially after we almost lost him this previous offseason, would be the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen to this program, and I watched every game of 2012 

How can you run a tailback with no OL? We tried everything. Hell I think he ran it 29 times in the iron bowl for 50 yards. 
This has been coming for years. Many of us have been complaining about this for 4 years on the recruiting board. What is so frustrating is that people don't see it. 
Harsin better “fix the glitch” that was left when he took over or he won’t make it either. 
NIL- offer OL $50k if they sign with AU. Start there.

we have to do something to fix recruiting or we will be the next TN starting next year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We just lost the best two players on our offense and a metric sh*t ton of game time experience and we got guys saying “it’s just all part of the plan to rebuild from scratch”. Harsin stated on day one he wanted to win now. There wasn’t ever a “rebuild”. Good luck winning anything with all of your talented starters dipping out on you. Tank and Bo were hard workers. They lead with their play and in the weight room. Losing those two guys is going to hurt a ton. Get used to being bottom 3 in the West. 

Sometimes you have to sacrifice today for a better tomorrow. This program needs an enema after the failed CGM era and it begins now. Tank and Bo could have sucked it up next season while trying to get better here but for their own reasons decided not to do so. Good luck to them. 

Edited by autigeremt
  • Like 1

Good lord the meltdown is epic. Grown ass men and women freaking out over two men who made a decision and left. Y'all do know we have had players leave before. Auburn will be ok, y'all nuts.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I totally get the building metaphor but you don't tear a house completely down when you're still living in it. If you do start at the foundation then you can't live in while you're building it. Simply put Auburn still has to field a team and it is gonna be worse barring some miracle Cam Newton like transfer again next year. And it's not Gus fault our QB1 and RB1 are transferring. Sunshine pump all you want to but there isn't a single person in this world who believes that we are better off next year or 4 years from now because they are hitting the portal. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

No he said you want it right now or do you want it done right. He never said anything about winning now. 🤷 

Done right = Lose the best player who has played on your team in 5 years after his sophomore season and being in One of the worst recruiting classes since Tuberville left. 

Got it!

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Losing the team's top players isn't how you want to tear it down. We are losing the foundation.

You can have a collection of individually good players and them not click well as a unit together. It happens. This foundation clearly hasn't led us to success for the past four years. I'm cool with trying something new. It's not rosy, and it may fail even worse than this foundation did, but it's worth a try. I'm sick of being average

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

He hasn’t had a chance to do s*** with the OL yet. This is ALL on Gus. 

I get what you are saying. Now, I do say given the well known disaster of the current state of the OL, and the problems that have stemmed from it, I a wise man would learn from his mistakes as well as the mistakes of others. 

With a fresh start, and the selling point of dire need, we have a grand total of 2 OL committed. One of which is the son of the fired OC and will probably not stick. 

Yes, Harsin needs time. But the clock is ticking loudly and I don’t see much correction happen. I hope that changes though, and am willing to give him a chance.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Done right = Lose the best player who has played on your team in 5 years after his sophomore season and being in One of the worst recruiting classes since Tuberville left. 

Got it!

Ok I was just correcting what you said chicken little. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Got it!

🙄

3 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I guess this means Auburn could take 3 RBs in this signing class now if both Citizen and Williams want to sign with AU.

Williams is all but signed to Vols at this point. Unless this Tank thing really sways him. 

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I finally found a chat full of students (who are plugged in more than any of your favorite reporters) and they were calling these things for a few days

for anyone who hypothesized on the legitimacy of back channels 

What else are they saying? Just out of curiosity.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don’t want to lose anyone, but when things start to really fall apart sometimes you have to get to rock bottom before you can go up. It al starts with recruiting. ALL OF IT. Gus would still be here if he could recruit OL better. Bo and Tank would not be leaving. Harsin (so far) is having the same problem recruiting. 

we have to change it all or we will be mediocre forever. It all starts with ramping up NIL at AU. 

1 minute ago, kwagoner said:

What else are they saying? Just out of curiosity.

I'm searching through right now for any substantiated nuggets, they're just throwing out teams that he's supposedly talked to (two I've seen so far were Ole Miss and USC). I create a further issue if I post nonsensical rumors, so I won't do that haha 

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I finally found a chat full of students (who are plugged in more than any of your favorite reporters) and they were calling these things for a few days

Spill the tea 😂 

7 minutes ago, e808 said:

I respectfully disagree at least 2 of those 5years I know for sure Auburn was first or second. On average Auburn has historically been an 8 or 9 win team with some double digit win seasons sprinkled in. Also with Texas and Oklahoma lurking is this really a good time to be starting from the bottom. Most would be optimistic if the recruiting was say top 10 or some big name portal guys coming in. None of that seems to be the case. I guess Wednesday will give some clarity.

2015: Started #6.  Flamed out

2016: Got as high as #9.  Lost 4 games.

2017: we hit #2 prior to SEC title, then flamed out

2018: Got to #7, flamed out

2019: Got to #7, lost 4 games

2020: LOL

That's six seasons.  One time did we reach any point of being in the playoff with a chance to win an SEC or National title.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

we have to change it all or we will be mediocre forever. It all starts with ramping up NIL at AU. 

So far the ramping up of the nil has centered around the pimping and fleecing out of the auburn fan base for autographs, customized social media shout outs and the ability to leave messages for players so we are going to have to do better but I agree

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'm sure the staff has known for even longer too. No way they're caught by surprise tonight. Seems like Harsin may have been planning on a QB regardless of what Bo did. Hopefully he's back channeled a guy to make arrangements