Tank Bigsby Expected to Transfer

Zeek

7 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

I totally get the building metaphor but you don't tear a house completely down when you're still living in it. If you do start at the foundation then you can't live in while you're building it. Simply put Auburn still has to field a team and it is gonna be worse barring some miracle Cam Newton like transfer again next year. And it's not Gus fault our QB1 and RB1 are transferring. Sunshine pump all you want to but there isn't a single person in this world who believes that we are better off next year or 4 years from now because they are hitting the portal. 

So what should be done? Beg Tank and Bo to stay or not field a team next year. I’m sure he wanted both to stay but they both opted to leave. 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

2015: Started #6.  Flamed out

2016: Got as high as #9.  Lost 4 games.

2017: we hit #2 prior to SEC title, then flamed out

2018: Got to #7, flamed out

2019: Got to #7, lost 4 games

2020: LOL

That's six seasons.  One time did we reach any point of being in the playoff with a chance to win an SEC or National title.

What was the win total of the majority of those seasons which proves my point. Again, historically Auburn has been an 8 or 9 win program

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

How can you run a tailback with no OL? We tried everything. Hell I think he ran it 29 times in the iron bowl for 50 yards. 
This has been coming for years. Many of us have been complaining about this for 4 years on the recruiting board. What is so frustrating is that people don't see it. 
Harsin better “fix the glitch” that was left when he took over or he won’t make it either. 
NIL- offer OL $50k if they sign with AU. Start there.

we have to do something to fix recruiting or we will be the next TN starting next year. 

After the Mississippi State game.I told my brother I wouldn't be surprised to see Tank transfer.

1 minute ago, e808 said:

What was the win total of the majority of those seasons which proves my point .

8-ish.  Which proves MY point.

8 wins is nothing to get excited over.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

So what should be done? Beg Tank and Bo to stay or not field a team next year. I’m sure he wanted both to stay but they both opted to leave. 

It’s not about begging them to stay. It’s about having a program that allows them to succeed in such a way that they don’t want to leave. I get the Bo thing. He’s been here for 3 years getting sh*t on by everyone and is probably ready for a fresh start. But Tank left because he doesn’t have faith in this program to be able to maximize his ability to go win championships and go high in the draft.

• Like 1

Some of you Gus Apologists are starting to show your colors again...

• Like 2

8 wins is starting to look really nice these days. I’d take a couple of 6 win seasons if I saw a HC with a plan in place to get us to that 10-12 win mark. But right now I see nothing like that. I see a bland class coming in and a bunch of talented players leaving. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I don’t want to lose anyone, but when things start to really fall apart sometimes you have to get to rock bottom before you can go up. It al starts with recruiting. ALL OF IT. Gus would still be here if he could recruit OL better. Bo and Tank would not be leaving. Harsin (so far) is having the same problem recruiting. 

we have to change it all or we will be mediocre forever. It all starts with ramping up NIL at AU. 

Harsin is basically Gus 2.0 (minus recruiting ties in the south)

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

8 wins is starting to look really nice these days. 

I see no difference between 6 wins and 9 wins.  They get our players the same thing: a naked ring finger.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I love when people on this forum, show me that I can ignore their opinions by the way the react on posts lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

8 wins would have had Auburn vs Bama in a winner take all

• Like 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I see no difference between 6 wins and 9 wins.  They get our players the same thing: a naked ring finger.

But if you had to have one, 9 wins at least gives you hope throughout the season and puts you in a bowl that isn’t down the street.

• Like 2

Tank may be leaving to go to a team trying to win something this year since he will be going pro next year. Along with that would be an established o-line.  I would consider it 100% a business decision and has no reflection on Auburn or the program.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

But if you had to have one, 9 wins at least gives you hope throughout the season and puts you in a bowl that isn’t down the street.

If its not the playoffs, I don't care about the bowl.  Meaningless exhibition.

Only non-playoff bowl games I would even think of attending are the Sugar and Vegas bowls, and that is 100% because of the party, not the game.

• Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Losing Tank to UGA because we couldn't figure out how to use him, especially after we almost lost him this previous offseason, would be the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen to this program, and I watched every game of 2012 

Tank is a much bigger loss perception wise and on message boards, twitter and podcasts than the actual field. Is he a stud? Of course. But until we fix the OL it does not matter if we had Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton etc back there. Because the position most directly related to the success of a OL is the RB. Even over the QB. Until we fix that position group QB and RB will be neutralized no matter how talented we are there. Luckily with the portal now it could be a lot shorter rebuild depending on how our luck goes OL portal shopping than it would of been without it. Without the portal this is probaly a 3-4 year rebuild on the OL. That is how bad of a situation the previous regime left us there. Completely egregious and asinine how bad it got.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@GwillMac6: You are correct about the importance of the OL. My position has been to give CBH three years, so if he can get some big uglies next year, maybe it can work out. But right now I just ain’t seeing it.

Edited by AUwent

28 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We just lost the best two players on our offense and a metric sh*t ton of game time experience and we got guys saying “it’s just all part of the plan to rebuild from scratch”. Harsin stated on day one he wanted to win now. There wasn’t ever a “rebuild”. Good luck winning anything with all of your talented starters dipping out on you. Tank and Bo were hard workers. They lead with their play and in the weight room. Losing those two guys is going to hurt a ton. Get used to being bottom 3 in the West. 

Tank and Bo were hard workers... *looks at Tank sulking on the sidelines causing a scene...*  *looks at Bo never owning up in interviews to his play...*

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, e808 said:

I respectfully disagree at least 2 of those 5years I know for sure Auburn was first or second. On average Auburn has historically been an 8 or 9 win team with some double digit win seasons sprinkled in. Also with Texas and Oklahoma lurking is this really a good time to be starting from the bottom. Most would be optimistic if the recruiting was say top 10 or some big name portal guys coming in. None of that seems to be the case. I guess Wednesday will give some clarity.

We have zero reason to be worried about Texas. Gonna be the second worst team in the SEC when they come in.

• Dislike 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Spencer Rattler mocked to come here too...when does the pain end 

I know I give you a hard time (and lets be real FOR GOOD REASON! lmao) but you have very thick skin. Since when do you have a little melt down. Where is this coming from? This is not like you bruh. This isn't you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

QB - Finley?

HB - Jarquez

WR - Kobe and who tf knows

TE - Landon King

OL - Also who tf knows

Yikes!

The fact that you have King and Finley on there, shows how little you actually know lmao.

7 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Proactively I believe that recruiting lineman or bringing in solid players from the portal could have prevented this. I for one don't know the exact reason why they are leaving, but to think that it's best for the rebuild is absurd. It sucks because I won't change the team I love. But our two most important players transferring because they don't think Auburn can field a team good enough to get them to the NFL is not a good look. Waiting until they both publicly opted out of the program is the wrong time to try and decide what should be done. You have one choice and it is the same as it was before they left. To field the best team you can. Unless we hear what directly caused the transfers then we can't suggest what should have been done to prevent it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

We have zero reason to be worried about Texas. Gonna be the second worst team in the SEC when they come in.

Texas just signed Ewers and they are paying OLs $50k NIL per year...

• Like 2