As of 12-12-21

Taco

I for one am glad for these moves minus Mason.  If you can't beat GA St as a QB or have to situation awareness to stay in bounds as a RB, then good luck at JSU. 

• Dislike 3

Outside OL, I think Signing Day this week should be fine.

I'm not too woried about the OC.  I think it's clear it'll be the Seattle QB coach & I'm OK with that as Harsin is going to be the defacto OC.

Mason is just talk and random lists from Aggies Sites, not true connection.

I agree on Tank/Bo

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Exactly!

Last year was CBH coaching Gus' team. Going forward, this will be CBH's team. After I saw what he got out of Gus' holdovers, I'm more than happy to wait and see what he accomplishes with an entire team under his vision.

And guess what? It might not work out, but it also might do wonders. Either way, patience is the key, but it is not had in such an instant gratification medium. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Exactly!

Last year was CBH coaching Gus' team. Going forward, this will be CBH's team. After I saw what he got out of Gus' holdovers, I'm more than happy to wait and see what he accomplishes with an entire team under his vision.

late-night-seth-seth-meyers.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

I for one am glad for these moves minus Mason.  If you can't beat GA St as a QB or have to situation awareness to stay in bounds as a RB, then good luck at JSU. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Tank will be at Georgia 

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Exactly!

And it appears that what a lot of Gus' holdovers saw out of CBH, they were less than happy to wait and see what could be accomplished but nevertheless we will all have to wait and see what happens with an entire team under his vision.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

And it appears that what a lot of Gus' holdovers saw out of CBH, they were less than happy to wait and see what could be accomplished but nevertheless we will all have to wait and see what happens with an entire team under his vision.

Maybe. If Harsin can't kill it in the portal this off-season, we're looking at a very rough 2022 with new investment in facilities, an AD who is allegedly not very popular with PTB, potentially a new president and likely a not very thrilled fanbase. 

I don't think many teams in the SEC are patient. There's just too much money in question. 

When Barbee was hired in basketball I remember thinking he was going to be really good. And after 4 years of really bad basketball that proved not to be the case and we got Pearl. Maybe Harsin is our football version of Barbee and this doesn't work out and things get worse or maybe he is our Pearl. We gave Barbee 4 years to see he wasn't right for the job and it took Pearl 4 years before his first winning season in the SEC. 

I also remember in Saban's first year at bama, they lost to ULM. And somebody on a radio show in Birmingham, may have been Finebaum, asked about the best and worst losses in recent memory and fans said the big bama win over Florida where Prothro got hurt and the bama loss to ULM were the best and worst. And they were making a huge deal out of the best win being under Shula and the worst being under Saban and fans were extremely unhappy about the direction of the team at the time. And that still stands out to me when thinking about the success bama has had since then and how nobody even thinks about Shula let alone a meaningless win over Florida.

The biggest thing is whatever is happening today is not going to be the final word on where the program ends up under Harsin but more so we need to give Harsin time to see who he is going to be.  Maybe it works out and maybe it doesn't but all of the doom and gloom fire him now stuff is really absurd.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, nurbis said:

When Barbee was hired in basketball I remember thinking he was going to be really good. And after 4 years of really bad basketball that proved not to be the case and we got Pearl.

Most schools go through 3 to 5 football coaches before they find one they are happy with. Florida is now on #4 since Urban Crier. A&M is on #5 since R.C. Slocum. Bammer went through 5 between Stallings and Saban. No need to even mention Tennessee. We at AU have been lucky. Even with Chizik who only lasted four years, we got a national championship. Gus never had a losing season. Back to Dye and Bowden we've had good luck. I hope it hasn't run out.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

That's certainly a possibility. One I don't subscribe to, but a definite possibility

I'm happy to let Harsin work through all of this. He has put himself in a position where there will be no doubt he's doing it his way. It very much remains to be seen whether that will bear any fruit. 

I do think though that momentum is super important in CFB and the SEC especially - considering who we are fighting with every year. So I think if it really is going to be a multi-year rebuild he has to make sure he is showing positive signs of life relatively quickly or else the momentum will just be very difficult to turn. I don't think he's going to have 4-5 years to do a full rebuild. I just can't see the PTB riding out mediocre seasons until then. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, VAtiger12 said:

I'm happy to let Harsin work through all of this. He has put himself in a position where there will be no doubt he's doing it his way. It very much remains to be seen whether that will bear any fruit. 

I do think though that momentum is super important in CFB and the SEC especially - considering who we are fighting with every year. So I think if it really is going to be a multi-year rebuild he has to make sure he is showing positive signs of life relatively quickly or else the momentum will just be very difficult to turn. I don't think he's going to have 4-5 years to do a full rebuild. I just can't see the PTB riding out mediocre seasons until then. 

Starting over every 3 years would be sooooo JABA. 

Edited by homersapien

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Except our previous 5 coaches were over a 40 year span…

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I mean - possibly. But do you see our PTB letting him go 6-6, 6-6, 7-5, 8-4 while he builds? I don't see it. That trajectory will get him finding a new home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, VAtiger12 said:

I mean - possibly. But do you see our PTB letting him go 6-6, 6-6, 7-5, 8-4 while he builds? I don't see it. That trajectory will get him finding a new home. 

They shouldn't and he should particularly if that includes four losses to Bama, Georgia and Texas a and m

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Exactly!

I dunno, for Auburns sake I hope it works out, I will wait and see what happens on the recruiting side of things.  Right now with all of the exports you need to have some imports to balance things out.  If he is unable to get the recruits then not sure how successful he will be long term, again I want Auburn to be successful just hoping it works out, I guess we will have to wait and see as his vision expands....

41 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

They shouldn't and he should particularly if that includes four losses to Bama, Georgia and Texas a and m

Remind me again, what was Coach Double Bubble's record against our rivals over his tenure at Auburn?

Both you and the OP really should post less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, selias said:

Both you and the OP really should post less.

I probably should. But too much s*** is going on right now.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Exactly!

What is interesting to me is; many Auburn fans were glad to see Gus go and knew it was going to be a long road back to build an offense based on the lack of talent we had on the OL.  We knew it could not happen overnight and were willing to wait for the results.

Now, it appears, Auburn fans have forgotten how long it will be for Harsin to improve our OL and want that improvement NOW.  I’m not sure when this changed, but I expect when we were 6-2 and in control of our own destiny in the SEC West and the fan base had visions of 2019, I know I did.  Then the ridged rod of reality struck and we are now 6-6. 

I believe, with patients, we will see Harsin’s vision as we maybe hiring a OC/QB coach from the NFL and, it appears, the PTB are not getting in the way of who Harsin hires. We have been critical of hires Gus made as the PTB were meddling in his affairs.  It really doesn’t seem to be the case this time around.  We should be celebrating this news and maybe we can finally bury the JABA monicker at long last.

WDE for a bright future.  “You only have two options; having fun or freaking out”.  Jimmy Buffett.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1