Monday Morning Wake-Up Message

AUApostle

Unfortunately I did in fact stay up past 10pm, so I'll be brewing my coffee with bleach this morning...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Come on Devil...that's crap and you know it...it's over.  It's really over.   I live and die based only on the whims of 18-22 year old athletes.  It's just like when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor....there is no hope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Come on guys.  I love Auburn football as much as anyone and have loved it for 65 years.  But look around.  Imagine the despair and devastation people are facing because of the damage caused by the tornadoes this weekend.  So Bo is gone and Tank too I guess and we are at a low point with our football program.  But worst case scenario we will still play SEC football next year.  Will still be able to have great Saturday afternoons.  We will build our team back.  Others are facing much tougher problems right now and I know that all Auburn people are praying for them.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Lawsam said:

Come on guys.  I love Auburn football as much as anyone and have loved it for 65 years.  But look around.  Imagine the despair and devastation people are facing because of the damage caused by the tornadoes this weekend.  So Bo is gone and Tank too I guess and we are at a low point with our football program.  But worst case scenario we will still play SEC football next year.  Will still be able to have great Saturday afternoons.  We will build our team back.  Others are facing much tougher problems right now and I know that all Auburn people are praying for them.

I mean you're right. But let's be honest. Imagine "don't get kicked out of the SEC and not get hit by a tornado" being a goal you'd put down for next year. That's basically the bar you're setting. Those expectations are really low.

Edited by AUTigerTime
  • Haha 1

I think everyone wants the same thing for Auburn football but people have difference of opinion. Some have more patience while others choice to point out deficiencies that are being seen. I don’t think anyone expected some historical lows this season. Especially the 25 point comeback at Jordan Hare which has never happened in the history of the program. It’s not like anything that’s being said on this board is going to change anything.  We are just people participating in a discussion. CBH will probably be around at least 4 years and let’s see what happens.

You weren't kidding Devil.  I haven't read anything Auburn football since Bobo was fired.  Got on here to see any news of last minute recruits.  Holy cow, lots to take in.

5 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Imagine being an Auburn fan and a Bears fan after 10:00 pm last night. 

We used to call that being on suicide watch in the military.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, AUDevil said:

If you went to bed before 10 pm last, you may have missed a few small nuggets dropped on the Auburn family late in the evening.  Before you start clicking links and reading a bunch of board nonsense, go ahead and brew a cup of coffee, read your scripture of the day, and contemplate what's really important in life.  You'll probably have the chance to see some family this Holiday season, you may have a really great trip planned that's coming up soon, or you may be receiving a sizeable Christmas bonus.  I bet you have a really great family and I imagine all the dudes at the gym really appreciate how you encourage them every day.  Those are gifts and blessings that should not be ignored...be thankful for them.  

After you've spent a good 10 or 15 minutes contemplating on all the awesome things in your life and thanking the Lord that he's given you at least one more day to enjoy life, then feel free to dive in to some great message board entertainment that only proves how passionate and exciting the greatest game in the history of earth is.  Win or lose, Bo or no Bo, Tank or no Tank, Auburn will still hold a special place in your heart.

You should change your name to AUAngel

5 hours ago, Lawsam said:

I think a lot of us use sports and other frivolous pursuits as a proxy for real problems. Get weird about this BS so that you don't get weird about things that matter. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bootskii said:

We used to call that being on suicide watch in the military.

The similarities between Auburn's problems over the years and Chicago's under Nagy are striking. 

Not sure why I still like football. 

• Like 1