Zeek

On 12/20/2021 at 8:17 AM, johnnyAU said:

Dave Parker is one of my favorites

That throw from right field in the all-star game. 😮😮😮😮

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

That throw from right field in the all-star game. 😮😮😮😮

Yeah, that one from right field to nail Jim Rice heading into 3rd was one for the ages. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, au302 said:

Come on Vandagriff, get in the portal and come on home

What’s up with all the Vandagriff rumors? Would be great to have him here but he isn’t even in the portal.

Looks like all of these quarterbacks are starting to make their decisions. That makes sense because they need to transfer before the semester starts at their new college. Let’s hope we are actively pursuing someone who really has legitimate interest.

We cannot go into next season with Finley as our starting quarterback. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AUreo said:

What’s up with all the Vandagriff rumors? Would be great to have him here but he isn’t even in the portal.

Just more hopeful thinking than actual smoke imo. Mentioned on the locked on Auburn podcast this morning I believe. Now, I think the common thinking is that the guy may not be in the portal. I hope that's the case, because if not we better strap up for Calzada

17 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Same thing that is up with the rumors about all of these other quarterbacks going to Auburn. Ha Hah Hah 

All it takes is one random person saying they think he would do well at AU … And our rabid Fanbase will take it from there! 

You: Vandagriff looks good in practice. He will probably start next year. 
Me: So you’re telling me he is going to transfer to Auburn. I will make sure I tell everyone.

haha

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Looks like all of these quarterbacks are starting to make their decisions. That makes sense because they need to transfer before the semester starts at their new college. Let’s hope we are actively pursuing someone who really has legitimate interest.

We cannot go into next season with Finley as our starting quarterback. 

I agree wholeheartedly.  The thought of going into the season with TJ as our starter, is concerning.  Now if DD (??) or HG (true freshman and does not know the playbook) ball out in the spring, that is a different story.  If we are depending on a transfer, I hope it is someone that we know of that is not yet entered, otherwise the pickings seem slim.

54 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

I agree wholeheartedly.  The thought of going into the season with TJ as our starter, is concerning.  Now if DD (??) or HG (true freshman and does not know the playbook) ball out in the spring, that is a different story.  If we are depending on a transfer, I hope it is someone that we know of that is not yet entered, otherwise the pickings seem slim.

DD will be 1 1/2 years in system. HG coming in early. Gonna be an excellent opportunity to see our coaches work their magic.  Assuming a decent OL I think we’ll be fine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

DD will be 1 1/2 years in system. HG coming in early. Gonna be an excellent opportunity to see our coaches work their magic.  Assuming a decent OL I think we’ll be fine.

Will Grant Loy still be here? Does anyone know at this point?

3 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Will Grant Loy still be here? Does anyone know at this point?

I thought he is gone.

Have not seen much hype about him though

11 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

He gone

Honestly, kind of glad.  Nothing against the guy but he is what he is......an emergency QB at best.  He was never an SEC caliber qb. Time to give our young up and comers some time to develop.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

I don’t think as many people will be pushing for a transfer QB after next Tuesday 

Can you elaborate?  Not sure I follow.

Just now, roe4christ said:

Can you elaborate?  Not sure I follow.

I think we will like what we see out of TJ and that’s not saying he can’t be beat out next year either. Talent is there, just need the o line in place. 

• Haha 1

Want to re-emphasize the amount of back channel talks that occur before guys hit the portal. Right or wrong, it happens. So the pickings may not be as slim as y'all think. I'm anxious for news too, but I agree with the thought process that it's very possible that the guy is not in the portal yet

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I think we will like what we see out of TJ and that’s not saying he can’t be beat out next year either. Talent is there, just need the o line in place. 

Gotcha.  I feel we need to add at least 3 OL from the transfer portal and then begin to coach all the OL up during the spring.  I think Harsin knows that OL could be his downfall if he unable to correct this problem soon.  In year one, no way to correct what he inherited.  Year 2 should start seeing some significant development.  Year 3, OL should start becoming more a strength than a liability.  I think 4 years is about how long Harsin's rope is.  Steady progress in all areas is what everyone wants to see.  I think he is off to a good start and I think he can get the job done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The following has absolutely ZERO merit to it, so if you want concrete info, this ain’t it.

That being said, the Dawg fans I’m friends with (which is a large number) are convinced that the loser of the Carson Beck and Brock Vandagriff battle will transfer to Auburn and kill it under Harsin. The Bama friends I have, (also an alarmingly large number) do not want the above transfer to take place.

In all honesty, I look for Beck to transfer after the bowl game and possibly Brock in the spring. If Stetson or JT stays, Brock is rumored to bolt. 

Just some rival QB chatter. WDE

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

The following has absolutely ZERO merit to it, so if you want concrete info, this ain’t it.

That being said, the Dawg fans I’m friends with (which is a large number) are convinced that the loser of the Carson Beck and Brock Vandagriff battle will transfer to Auburn and kill it under Harsin. The Bama friends I have, (also an alarmingly large number) do not want the above transfer to take place.

In all honesty, I look for Beck to transfer after the bowl game and possibly Brock in the spring. If Stetson or JT stays, Brock is rumored to bolt. 

Just some rival QB chatter. WDE

I believe both Stetson and Daniels are out of options are they not?

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I believe both Stetson and Daniels are out of options are they not?

Stetson has a 2017 redshirt year, could play 1 more supposedly.

JT was class of 2018 so he definitely has 1 more year if he wants it thanks to Covid.

Just now, AUinGA44 said:

Stetson has a 2017 redshirt year, could play 1 more supposedly.

JT was class of 2018 so he definitely has 1 more year if he wants it thanks to Covid.

Yea literally just went to check and Daniels will be back barring another transfer but Bennett I believe is done.