Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

Where is Calzada rumored to be leaning? He was dealing dimes against Bama. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if he found his way down to the Loveliest Village.

If you think people hated the inconsistency of Bo…

• Like 3

Watching the Costal Carolina vs NIL game. Carolina’s QB McCall looks good and appears to be thinking of transferring. Wonder if their would be any interest? https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/sun-belt/coastal-carolina-university/article256619886.html

Edited by wildlife alumni

3 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Where is Calzada rumored to be leaning? He was dealing dimes against Bama. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if he found his way down to the Loveliest Village.

He might've been dealing dimes against Bama, but against everyone else, he was dealing IOUs. I would be all up in my feelings if he shows up to the Loveliest Village on the Plains wasting a scholarship. He could be a preferred walk-on, but that's my limit.

• Thanks 1

Ladarius Tennison to OM from another board. Seriously? You leave DBU for a school that is historically awful on D?

12 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Ladarius Tennison to OM from another board. Seriously? You leave DBU for a school that is historically awful on D?

Opportunity, reps... doesn't matter if their defense is good overall as long as he gets to show what he can do. Plus their offense is going to force other teams to throw the ball a lot. That's even more opportunity for the DBs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Opportunity, reps... doesn't matter if their defense is good overall as long as he gets to show what he can do. Plus their offense is going to force other teams to throw the ball a lot. That's even more opportunity for the DBs. 

My man left me ...

Very talented, but if you don't think you're good enough to compete and win, then I chose wrong 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

My opinion is that something didn't jive between Tennison and our coaches/school/town/whatever. His situation here wasn't one that normally leads to an early transfer.

PS: Maybe OM offered him a shot at playing offense? I remember his recruitment and he could have gone to either side of the ball.

Edited by Mikey

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

My opinion is that something didn't jive between Tennison and our coaches/school/town/whatever. His situation here wasn't one that normally leads to an early transfer.

PS: Maybe OM offered him a shot at playing offense? I remember his recruitment and he could have gone to either side of the ball.

I heard on a podcast that Smoke may be considering coming back for another year. If true, that plus the influx of secondary signees may have had something to do with it. Ahmari Harvey entered the portal today as well. 

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

My man left me ...

Very talented, but if you don't think you're good enough to compete and win, then I chose wrong 

Hate to hear that. He seemed like he was cut from the right cloth. Was I wrong to think he had a Sherwood vibe to him?

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hate to hear that. He seemed like he was cut from the right cloth. Was I wrong to think he had a Sherwood vibe to him?

I loved his aggressive play on the field. I think he has something for sure. OM is getting a good player, I just don't know how mentally tough he is 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

No need to little brother this transfer. Look at his game log. He was complete ass outside 1 game and he wasn't even that great against Bama

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I loved his aggressive play on the field. I think he has something for sure. OM is getting a good player, I just don't know how mentally tough he is 

Something just never seemed right with him to me. Maybe just my imagination, idk. Maybe he just wasn't happy. The grass is always greener...

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No need to little brother this transfer. Look at his game log. He was complete ass outside 1 game and he wasn't even that great against Bama

To me Calzada is a clone of Bo with more grit.  Extremely frustrating at times and not what we need to be a consistent threat as a QB.

Casey Thompson from Texas is good.  I don't think TJ is the answer, and I'm hoping Davis is. Thompson would be a good insurance pickup, but I don't think he is interested in that role and  I'll bet he winds up somewhere like SMU.  I doubt there is a Joe Burrow available in the transfer portal, at least now that Ewers committed to Texas.  Take it with a grain of salt, but I heard that Texas gave Ewers a multi-million dollar NIL deal.

Edited by Cardin Drake

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

But sometimes it's just been painted

Stay in your own yard, play in your own yard
Be happy in your own yard
'Cause everything that glitters, it really ain't gold

- Jonny Lang

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Understood. Seems like several of you guys watched him play in other games. I only saw him against Bama. He was on point then, but I know he's young. It doesn't surprise me regarding his inconsistent play.

Tennison is a baller, has potential to go in the first couple of rounds of NFL draft when he's ready. I had expected him to be a starter for us moving forward.  His transfer was a definite surprise.

Calzada is worse then Nix IMO, same flaws without the mobility to make up for them, by extending plays and being able to take hits whilst protecting himself.  Calzada lowered his shoulder like a headAzz against one of our hard hitting safeties and it ruined his left shoulder. 

Nix took hits while moving but he'd maneuver his body in a way to mitigate the impact if possible, Calzada straight up just tried to truck a dude and payed for it.  That show seriously low football IQ.  You got guys in high-school knowing how to slide and not take a hit like that

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Didba said:

Tennison is a baller, has potential to go in the first couple of rounds of NFL draft when he's ready. I had expected him to be a starter for us moving forward.  His transfer was a definite surprise.

You were not alone. There was a reason I chose him as my man crush this year. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

To me Calzada is a clone of Bo with more grit.  Extremely frustrating at times and not what we need to be a consistent threat as a QB.

He's worse than Bo. We don't need to get worse when we are replacing a below avg QB

• Like 1

TNOS saying we're considering taking two transfer QB's. Smart move imo because I'd imagine there will be the usual attrition after spring. Don't want a scenario where your down to Geriner and a transfer if both TJ and DD bolted

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

if more grit means a lower football IQ and taking unnecessary shots as a QB then sure, he has more grit then Nix.

18 minutes ago, Didba said:

if more grit means a lower football IQ and taking unnecessary shots as a QB then sure, he has more grit then Nix.

It basically means we don’t need another QB that is close to the same as the one that just left.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, au302 said:

TNOS saying we're considering taking two transfer QB's. Smart move imo because I'd imagine there will be the usual attrition after spring. Don't want a scenario where your down to Geriner and a transfer if both TJ and DD bolted

TJ would have to sit ourlt a year. Unless he gets beat by a multi year player. It would seem weird for him to transfer again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Calzada is worse then Nix IMO, same flaws without the mobility to make up for them, by extending plays and being able to take hits whilst protecting himself.  Calzada lowered his shoulder like a headAzz against one of our hard hitting safeties and it ruined his left shoulder. 

Nix took hits while moving but he'd maneuver his body in a way to mitigate the impact if possible, Calzada straight up just tried to truck a dude and payed for it.  That show seriously low football IQ.  You got guys in high-school knowing how to slide and not take a hit like that

Yeah, I was on the road for the A&M/Auburn game too. Didn't see it. What you are describing reminds me of Sean White vs UGA and Mario Fanin against several folks. Sean lowered his head and tried to muscle between to DB's.  

Mario was a straight up runner. Former QB without RB instincts.