Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

33 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Right now both on3 and rivals (insiders, not mods) think our best chance is calzone. We are going after CW but it is a big long shot. 

Then why the **** arent we giving Thompson the time of day?

2 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

All you need to do to be sold on Thompson is watch the 2nd half of the 2020 Texas vs Colorado bowl game.

So which game do you want to single out for Bo Nix to prove how great he is? Every QB is great if you judge them by their best game.

Edited by boisnumber1

13 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

So which game do you want to single out for Bo Nix to prove how great he is? Every QB is great if you judge them by their best game.

Well I never mentioned Bo but since you brought it up. That was Thompsons first game and he looked a heck of a lot better than Bo. He hit more deep balls in one game than Bo's entire career. I didnt watch Thomson play much this year but when I did he looked good throwing.

I have a lot of concerns with a coaching staff that is after Calzada and does not even seem the slight bit interested in Thompson.  Thompson is a vastly superior QB. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I have a lot of concerns with a coaching staff that is after Calzada and does not even seem the slight bit interested in Thompson.  Thompson is a vastly superior QB. 

Thompson is secondary market at the moment. Calzada is maybe third but someone to look at in the meantime. 

31 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I just have a feeling that it’s OK for us to get our hopes up. Savor the anticipation, I just have a feeling we are going to be thrilled.  

Love the optimism

51 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Thompson is secondary market at the moment. Calzada is maybe third but someone to look at in the meantime. 

Yeah I would hope we would go after Casey too 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

What solid O lineman hit the portal? 

Former AU starter T. Manning. He''s headed to Kentucky, where he's expected to start next season..

Imo you gotta wait on CW's decision to see the aftermath. Even if we don't land him, him going somewhere could cause good QB's to enter the portal (UGA especially).

Let the dust settle and see what happens. Now maybe if we miss on CW, we take 2 QB's, Calzada being one of them, and let them duke it out. 

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

lmao.  Solid is a stretch.  Remember our back-ups/depth aren't very good...just like our starters

Manning was a starter. He's expected to start at Kentucky next year. Just another hole that will have to be plugged through the portal. I hope our coaches are busy!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Former AU starter T. Manning. He''s headed to Kentucky, where he's expected to start next season..

Hahaha good one. Next year we can start one of the super stud JR OTs or Redshirt Sophomore OTs that Gus recruited. We don’t need him because we are so loaded with studs. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WarEagle2 said:

Then why the **** arent we giving Thompson the time of day?

Maybe the coaches think Calz is better? Harsin is banking his future on these kids so he is the one that has to get it right. If he is wrong, he will be fired. 

• Like 1

Calzada catching a lot of flack in here. Of course I would love to have CW, but Calzada is not a bad pick up. Have any of you actually watched his film? There is a lot there to work with. He has a cannon arm and knows how to use touch as well. I think with CBH being a QB developer that we could win with Calzada, I just don't know if we win right away which is what we need. CW would be a Cam-like addition to us.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Calzada catching a lot of flack in here. Of course I would love to have CW, but Calzada is not a bad pick up. Have any of you actually watched his film? There is a lot there to work with. He has a cannon arm and knows how to use touch as well. I think with CBH being a QB developer that we could win with Calzada, I just don't know if we win right away which is what we need. CW would be a Cam-like addition to us.

Here’s the thing though, I honestly trust Jimbo Fisher’s resume with developing QBs as much, if not more, than Harsin’s. Granted, Calzada only had a partial season to work with the 1s and Fisher’s direct coaching and input but still, you’d expect to see something a little bit more exciting. I know he’s got some goods to work with but it just worries me and makes me wonder how much more can we expect Harsin and co to get out of Calzada than Fisher and co did, especially when Fisher is considered one of the greatest active QB whisperers out there. Maybe he’s overrated, idk.

if Calzada CAN be developed, it better happen quick if we get him. This can’t be a 2 season rebuild if he’s the best we can snag out of the portal. And if he ends up a bust at Auburn and we have to play Geriner in 2022 or DD, well it doesn’t instill much confidence in the staff. Maybe Calzada is supposed to be brought in as a “preferred” back up to help fill out the QB room. One can only hope that they’re confident in snagging someone else.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

In my opinion after reading almost all of the other websites, we will try and sign Calzada. Of course we want CW but we are nowhere near the top of the list for him. He has never visited AU and most are Not even sure he is even considering us at the moment. But we are in such dire straights at QB that we have to sign SOMEONE. We can’t go into next season with TJ as the only option. I am not saying Calz is good, but If we have no shot at CW (which appears to be the case), then we miss Calz and end up with nothing, we will be in even worse shape. 
Of course I wish we would just pony up the money so we can once again sit at the big boy table. It has been toooo long. 

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

In my opinion after reading almost all of the other websites, we will try and sign Calzada. Of course we want CW but we are nowhere near the top of the list for him. He has never visited AU and most are Not even sure he is even considering us at the moment. But we are in such dire straights at QB that we have to sign SOMEONE. We can’t go into next season with TJ as the only option. I am not saying Calz is good, but If we have no shot at CW (which appears to be the case), then we miss Calz and end up with nothing, we will be in even worse shape. 
Of course I wish we would just pony up the money so we can once again sit at the big boy table. It has been toooo long. 

I am not willing to cash out on Williams just yet. I actually believe we have a shot with him, but I don't expect to land him. I think Calzada fits what Harsin likes in a QB and if he feels like he is adequate QB1 material, then there is nothing there for me to argue against that belief so I will support him. Bo Nix improved more in 9 months with CBH then he did in 2 years combined so I fully believe CBH if he says ZC is what he wants at QB. 

If we get CW I would be over the moon, but I will be happy if land ZC. As you said, much better than rolling into 22 with TJ as QB1. Night and Day IMO.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yeah I would hope we would go after Casey too 

I like Casey's film

55 minutes ago, lca408 said:

Here’s the thing though, I honestly trust Jimbo Fisher’s resume with developing QBs as much, if not more, than Harsin’s. Granted, Calzada only had a partial season to work with the 1s and Fisher’s direct coaching and input but still, you’d expect to see something a little bit more exciting. I know he’s got some goods to work with but it just worries me and makes me wonder how much more can we expect Harsin and co to get out of Calzada than Fisher and co did, especially when Fisher is considered one of the greatest active QB whisperers out there. Maybe he’s overrated, idk.

if Calzada CAN be developed, it better happen quick if we get him. This can’t be a 2 season rebuild if he’s the best we can snag out of the portal. And if he ends up a bust at Auburn and we have to play Geriner in 2022 or DD, well it doesn’t instill much confidence in the staff. Maybe Calzada is supposed to be brought in as a “preferred” back up to help fill out the QB room. One can only hope that they’re confident in snagging someone else.

I am curious to here what you would expect to see. As you mentioned, JF only had a minimal amount of time with him. 

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Imo you gotta wait on CW's decision to see the aftermath. Even if we don't land him, him going somewhere could cause good QB's to enter the portal (UGA especially).

Let the dust settle and see what happens. Now maybe if we miss on CW, we take 2 QB's, Calzada being one of them, and let them duke it out. 

If the staff thinks Calzada is a take then take him. CW is not going to be scared away by Zack Calzada. I do agree about the domino effect if we miss on CW. If he were to land at UGA then you have to believe 1 of either Vandergriff and/or Beck probably leave. Maybe JTD as well. I am all for taking 2 guys because I don't feel confident in TJ as even a backup at this point.