Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

I get all that, but many are presenting Austin Davis as a proven NFL QB developer and that is the reason that CW will come to Auburn and I dont't think is correct. 

He’s an influence on CW’s potential transfer because of the relationship he has with Russel Wilson and the relationship between CW’s camp and RW, which started during CW’s attendances at RW’s QB camps in high school. 

Not saying it’s the reason why, but there is an AD connection between CW’s transfer and AD.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

I thought that we blew that right before Napier and Clark turned us down....

If I'm not mistaken, this was going into November 2017, and then Gus and Leath blew it. 

• Like 1

It is interesting, to say the least, that schools are clearly violating the NCAA NIL rules, and the NCAA is just shrugging its shoulders.  The court ruling that allows NIL payments has totally neutered the NCAA. 

IMO the current insanity re NIL payments will calm down in a few years.  The deep pockets will get tired of absurd payments, especially when the on the field results are not commensurate with the cash outflow.  That will happen. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If I'm not mistaken, this was going into November 2017, and then Gus and Leath blew it. 

I was being sarcastic about all of the Napier/ Clark absurd narrative during the recent search. I still hate Leath fwiw though

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

I was being sarcastic about all of the Napier/ Clark absurd narrative during the recent search. I still hate Leath fwiw though

I'm tracking now, and, yes, perfect

6 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

It is interesting, to say the least, that schools are clearly violating the NCAA NIL rules, and the NCAA is just shrugging its shoulders.  The court ruling that allows NIL payments has totally neutered the NCAA. 

IMO the current insanity re NIL payments will calm down in a few years.  The deep pockets will get tired of absurd payments, especially when the on the field results are not commensurate with the cash outflow.  That will happen. 

Exactly. There will be some growing pains but the whole situation will evolve and mature.

1 hour ago, jluvah said:

You are absolutely correct, sir. And don’t worry about McGoofus and his ilk. They’ll try to shame you if you don’t think exactly like they do on this.

And believe me, they won’t pony up a penny themselves but want someone else to

I’ll now be exclusively referring to @McLoofus as Mcgoofus.

Congrats on earning rent from owning real-estate in these poor soul’s head, Goof. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Congrats on earning rent from owning real-estate in these poor soul’s head, Goof. 

I didn't know that person said that. Wow. I can't believe they'd take my super serious handle and manipulate it like that to be so hilariously insulting. They're only like the 20th person to do that. I bet they're generally great at parties and lots of people like them for their sense of humor. 

Maybe now I'll get another PM from them that just says "Triggered", further exhibiting their vast stores of razor sharp wit. Not that I'd know, because I have that dumbass's PMs muted, too. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Y’all took longer than I expected.

36 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

College football is broken. It has been for a while but now it is worse. Just look at what TAM did this year. 
https://brobible.com/sports/article/texas-am-recruiting-class-nil-money/?__FB_PRIVATE_TRACKING__={"loggedout_browser_id"%3A"8867ef2b72a3ac8fc03a36ca7e0043fe02b830e4"}&fbclid=IwAR2Ovd0dcitSwiCEjstOl50Izofh35Lwv8Ge4YDlie5bsPK0zrXekJFXF4E

NIL, transfers, it has become free agency with no salary cap or restrictions. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

College football is broken. It has been for a while but now it is worse. Just look at what TAM did this year. 
https://brobible.com/sports/article/texas-am-recruiting-class-nil-money/?__FB_PRIVATE_TRACKING__={"loggedout_browser_id"%3A"8867ef2b72a3ac8fc03a36ca7e0043fe02b830e4"}&fbclid=IwAR2Ovd0dcitSwiCEjstOl50Izofh35Lwv8Ge4YDlie5bsPK0zrXekJFXF4E

NIL, transfers, it has become free agency with no salary cap or restrictions. 

Golf can u get this thread back on track and let is know if/ when CW is visiting 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Yet here you are, in the recruiting forum, complaining about it.

No, just observing people like you keyboard boy

Edited by Tntigers
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Golf can u get this thread back on track and let is know if/ when CW is visiting 

Well Indiana has a QB now so Calz is not visiting them. 
image.jpeg

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

TF do you think you just accomplished with this post?

Consider it a donation of “my time” to make you aware. See it worked!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

pretendstobeshocked.gif

I hope that don’t happen. Lane having Caleb and Evans plus Mario Williams 😬

22 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

The kind of $ that is being discussed- shocking is an understatement. But Lane is good with QBs. 
I would rather him go there than LSU or Uga. The Ole Miss defense is awful. 

30 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

And folks said they wouldn't want Kiffin coaching here...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tntigers said:

No, just observing people like you keyboard boy

You sound like you’re about to cry. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I wouldn't bet $10,000 bucks he goes to Auburn but he is listening/interested I can promise you and JBoy has nothing to do CW it was posted by insiders at OU

Can you post? Or is it vip info?

9 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Just wish he would make a decision so we all could move on.

College football is becoming less appealing by the day.  With transfer portal and NIL, coaches hopping from one job to another.  Just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.  NCAA and individual conferences has to see what a mess this is and realize that some rules and restrictions need to be put in place after this year to stop some of this nonsense.

lol. he doesn't care about you. 

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And folks said they wouldn't want Kiffin coaching here...

I still don’t.  Kiffin has no loyalties.  He’s also a massive douche.  There is already talk about UCLA firing Kelly and pursing Kiffin and I think he’d bolt to get back to Cali.  His ex and kids are still there plus he seems to love the west coast. 

He can keep his stupid analytics far away from the plains as far as I’m concerned. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

pretendstobeshocked.gif

Evans has some pretty concerning attitude issues coming out of TCU that made a lot of schools shy away from him…..him and Lane together should be pretty interesting. 

Also just remembered he actually signed with UGA originally and Kirby released him not long after. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are the players that Auburn has offered and I have seen would be a take for us:

I expect us to keep evaluating and considering the following:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3