Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

12 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

84441D8A-C186-4F86-8D55-B40E0E6CE787.jpeg

Pleasantly surprised by Torrence. Figured Billy had that one back channeled. He probably still does, just didn't expect this guy to visit anywhere, so maybe we got a shot. Hopefully we wait to see the domino effect of CW before taking Calzada (unless taking two)

Yep. Seems like OU has to put his name in the portal before other schools can contact him (officially i guess). They had 48 hrs to honor that request. I assume they used all 48 hrs to try to get him to stay. 

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

84441D8A-C186-4F86-8D55-B40E0E6CE787.jpeg

I would take both today. Please. 
I do not think we are really in the sweepstakes for CW. I wish we were, but I think LSU will pay him whatever he wants in this new free market college football recruiting world. 

38 minutes ago, WarEagle2 said:

Yep. Seems like OU has to put his name in the portal before other schools can contact him (officially i guess). They had 48 hrs to honor that request. I assume they used all 48 hrs to try to get him to stay. 

He could still return but with Gabriel transferring to OU doubt it happens now.  

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I would think he is gone. The coaches obviously think he is gone and brought in another quarterback.

There are a few rumors now floating out there about LSU. That would be devastating.

LSU was one of his top programs when he was being recruited because of Joe Brady.  When Brady left, that knocked them out. 

Thompson has some pretty good stats. seems to have touch on the deep ball.  At first glance I'd be happy with him.

3 hours ago, Tony4AU said:

Thought was dead period or is it only for HS visits??

Maybe that’s just for HS but starting today transfers can officially go on visits 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WarEagle2 said:

He's better than a Calzone for sure

I'd be a lot happier with him than Calzada, that's for sure

9 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Hopefully we can get Thompson on campus for a visit. Can’t imagine him going to OU with Gabriel there. Other options are Nebraska, Indiana, and Missouri. 

9 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

According to JLee of On3 neither is Auburn.  Says Auburn has not contacted Thompson and he thinks Casey’s dad just listed AU to make it interesting.

1 minute ago, dilligas said:

According to JLee of On3 neither is Auburn.  Says Auburn has not contacted Thompson and he thinks Casey’s dad just listed AU to make it interesting.

Why tf wouldn’t we contact him. Unless….

image.gif.d22575046da66a694e064fcd0a3c1c3c.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, dilligas said:

JLee seems to be one of the most knowledgeable recruiting AU mods. He is sorely missed at Rivals which has completely lost all recruiting content. 

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

JLee seems to be one of the most knowledgeable recruiting AU mods. He is sorely missed at Rivals which has completely lost all recruiting content. 

Well who is he saying is visiting?

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Well who is he saying is visiting?

Right now both on3 and rivals (insiders, not mods) think our best chance is calzone. We are going after CW but it is a big long shot. 

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Right now both on3 and rivals (insiders, not mods) think our best chance is calzone. We are going after CW but it is a big long shot. 

Christ. Can we not pursue someone in between Zach Calzada and Caleb Williams. Seems like an enormous gap. We either get a guy who could possibly change the trajectory of our football program or we get a guy who’s pretty significantly worse of an option than our last 3 year starter. All or nothing baby!