Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Maybe the coaches think Calz is better? Harsin is banking his future on these kids so he is the one that has to get it right. If he is wrong, he will be fired. 

I’d hope someone gets fired if they watched Thompson and Calzada and came to the conclusion Calzada can help them retain their job better 

I get what you’re saying with the guy having to go with his leading intuition but good grief. A&M has a LOT of talent, and had it pretty darn favorable after that Alabama win. And look how that offense played out (and Zach)!

• Like 4

I also don’t believe there’s a shot in hell we get Caleb tbh. The guy seems like he gravitates to big lights and/or flashy squads. He’s gonna do it “big” wherever he does. There’s lesser QBs that we don’t seem like we could even get the ear of, I just don’t see what we’re doing to attract Caleb

• Thanks 1

Just wish he would make a decision so we all could move on.

College football is becoming less appealing by the day.  With transfer portal and NIL, coaches hopping from one job to another.  Just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.  NCAA and individual conferences has to see what a mess this is and realize that some rules and restrictions need to be put in place after this year to stop some of this nonsense.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Would be smarter to divvy that up amongst multiple players and get the team right as a whole 

Caleb isn’t Cam Newton lol 

I don't think that he is worth that. I also don't believe that there is a snowball's chance he goes to EMU. A third thing I believe is that the longer this thing draws out, the lesser the chance he goes to Auburn. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I also don’t believe there’s a shot in hell we get Caleb tbh. The guy seems like he gravitates to big lights and/or flashy squads. He’s gonna do it “big” wherever he does. There’s lesser QBs that we don’t seem like we could even get the ear of, I just don’t see what we’re doing to attract Caleb

Saving this post for later 😁 

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Being an Auburn fan my entire life, I get why everyone is so skeptical but when you look at the other schools he is supposedly looking at, we honestly have the most upside if he is looking for NIL $$$ plus development at the position. 

LSU:  Bigger rebuild than us currently

Miami:  Dumpster fire that still has not hired an OC to work with QBs, Bryan McClendon will coach RBs and he’s not even going to call plays

UGA:  Think this is mostly internet rumor and even their own insiders are saying they are not hearing one peep about Kirby pursuing him….plus Kirby has a history of mismanaging his QB room.  Maybe Caleb can make a call to Justin Fields about that. 

USC:  Seems the obvious choice to most to follow Riley but something tells me if that was going to happen it would have happened already. 

OU:  They just signed Gabriel, Williams is not staying there. 

I do think us hiring Austin Davis combined with Harsin’s experience with QBs gives us an edge if we can convince him the Oline is going to improve.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I agree. I mean come on people. He is not coming to Auburn. I’m just sorry, I don’t think he leaves Oklahoma and come to Auburn. Hell he probably doesn’t even know CBH’s name. He is going somewhere flashy.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

CW coming to Auburn is just like back when we were going to hire Bob Stoops for head coach. Everyone is falling into the clickbait trap again. JBoy strikes again 

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

So…do we have absolutely no interest in Cameron Ward? I haven’t heard any info about any interest, has anyone else?

DDBB698C-1759-489A-812E-D71CD9EC700C.jpeg

Seems there is more hype from fans than any real programs around Cameron Ward

10 minutes ago, wcware said:

CW coming to Auburn is just like back when we were going to hire Bob Stoops for head coach. Everyone is falling into the clickbait trap again. JBoy strikes again 

Those rumors didn’t come from Jboy, they came from OU insiders on their board before Williams announced he was going into the portal. 

• Like 1

CW wants 2 things:

1. Money

2. Development for the NFL so he can make more money later.

I think we have the NFL framework set up to give him #1 and hiring Austin Davis gives him #2.

I'd feel a lot better about us landing him if our OL was worth a darn and somebody to throw to. 

We have the top-notch environment, NFL QB coach, and probably NIL money, but I just don't know if that's enough for him to be running for his life and throwing to guys who would be backups elsewhere.

saw this on reddit and not sure if it made it here yet.

Texas Transfer QB and Former 4️ Recruit, Casey Thompson is focusing on Auburn, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Indiana, and Missouri as his top schools for his next destination.

i have no clue how decent he is just he has interest in us.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

saw this on reddit and not sure if it made it here yet.

Texas Transfer QB and Former 4️ Recruit, Casey Thompson is focusing on Auburn, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Indiana, and Missouri as his top schools for his next destination.

i have no clue how decent he is just he has interest in us.

Well considering that it's been reported that no one at Auburn had contact with Thompson, I'm going to say it's bunk.

Friends, some of y’all need to stop acting like it’s just “lil ole Auburn” and everyone else are the big boys. 

Auburn can compete with the big boys season in and season out and it starts with the QB position. Something both Harsin and Austin Davis specialize in. 

Not saying Caleb Williams is coming or not coming, but we are absolutely in the mix. 

Just be patient. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Well considering that it's been reported that no one at Auburn had contact with Thompson, I'm going to say it's bunk.

well i have seen two separate posts saying he announced his top so many and they both say auburn is on the list.

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Friends, some of y’all need to stop acting like it’s just “lil ole Auburn” and everyone else are the big boys. 

Auburn can compete with the big boys season in and season out and it starts with the QB position. Something both Harsin and Austin Davis specialize in. 

Not saying Caleb Williams is coming or not coming, but we are absolutely in the mix. 

Just be patient. 

so we need to put on our big boy panties so to speak?

5 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Just wish he would make a decision so we all could move on.

If you are talking about Calzada, I would not be surprised if he was announced today or tomorrow. The coaches seem to like him a lot. 

13 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Just be patient. 

This conversation and the NIL conversation have really brought out the LBS.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, WarEagle2 said:

CW wants 2 things:

1. Money

2. Development for the NFL so he can make more money later.

I think we have the NFL framework set up to give him #1 and hiring Austin Davis gives him #2.

Look I hope CW comes. It  would be a major coup but to suggest that he comes because Austin Davis has been an assistant QB coach and then QB coach at Seattle for a couple of years is a real stretch. Russell Wilson is a 10+ year NFL veteran that has played at an extremely high level way before Davis got to Seattle. I know Wilson likes Davis, but I imagine that Russell Wilson taught Austin Davis more than the other way around.

8 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am curious to here what you would expect to see. As you mentioned, JF only had a minimal amount of time with him. 

Well, he was class of 2019 and did get some PT in 2019, didn’t play in 2020, and was in the running for the starting job this season and lost out. So he’s had at least 2 full seasons of time in Jimbo’s offense with at least that much time spent with direct QB coaching by him. Granted, not all of that time was with the 1s but he’s been given opportunity for development. It’s not like he’s a true freshman, and ordinarily he’d be a Junior going on a Senior in 2022. 

I’d expect something at least a tad bit more impressive than what we’ve seen. But maybe he fits Harsin’s offense better. I’m not well versed enough to say for sure. Just noting what I see. Either way, nothing any of us can do about it but hold on for the ride.

46 minutes ago, wcware said:

I wouldn't bet $10,000 bucks he goes to Auburn but he is listening/interested I can promise you and JBoy has nothing to do CW it was posted by insiders at OU

• Like 2

Think about the time you can’t get back by reading this thread and responding to what a 19-22 year old kid is going to do or not do.   It will be what it will be, no matter how hard you wish.  Now, if you are the ones ponying up the money to buy into this s*** show, and you don’t mind wasting good money, then have at it.  

• Haha 1