Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

I am beginning to think players with exorbitant NIL’s will have a lot of pressure put upon them just because of the NIL and the competition for that position will be over before Spring Ball even starts. 

• Like 1

Frankly I don’t care if Auburn gives him 10 million. Not like it’s coming out of my pocket. I don’t think he deserves that much but that’s the new world of college football. Either get behind it or get left behind 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Frankly I don’t care if Auburn gives him 10 million. Not like it’s coming out of my pocket. I don’t think he deserves that much but that’s the new world of college football. Either get behind it or get left behind 

So money at all cost? When does it become semi-pro with the big money schools being NFL farm teams?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

So money at all cost? When does it become semi-pro with the big money schools being NFL farm teams?

What difference does it make what you call it. It is what it is and we have to adjust to keep up or be left behind. Surely your post is not about the “integrity of CFB”. That has been gone many years ago.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mcbowen327 said:

This!!! This is spot on. And if I were in their situation I can't say I wouldn't do the same. But it takes any loyalty out of it. Its no longer student athletes I'm afraid. 

Exactly. It's one of the reasons I no longer care about pro sports. There is little loyalty to a team. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

What difference does it make what you call it. It is what it is and we have to adjust to keep up or be left behind. Surely your post is not about the “integrity of CFB”. That has been gone many years ago.

Guess it doesn't matter to you and a lot of others. That's OK. I just hate to see college FB as I have known it turning into a whole different animal.

• Like 3

Exorbitant NIL deals are not sustainable.  The newness of the NIL landscape will chill and deep pockets will cut back on the payments.  NIL is here to stay, but not in its present form. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I am beginning to think players with exorbitant NIL’s will have a lot of pressure put upon them just because of the NIL and the competition for that position will be over before Spring Ball even starts. 

Could be a positive thing. You literally can’t afford an off day. Obv could lean towards the negative, player ends up collapsing under the weight, scenario too 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Exorbitant NIL deals are not sustainable.  The newness of the NIL landscape will chill and deep pockets will cut back on the payments.  NIL is here to stay, but not in its present form. 

For most schools, I agree. However, there are some school that have donors that hate loosing and have enough stupid money to make a big difference. I think the powers will shift over time to these schools. I wonder if it will eventually force some school into a different division that goes about athletics differently.

Just think how much money someone like CW could make for the town of AU and anyone that deals in merchandise or goods related to AU. If he could have a Cam type impact on the program. How much could a business make off of his likeness (jersey sales, etc.) Is he worth the price? No clue. Would I like to see? Absolutely, as long as it not my money. 

Edited by wildlife alumni

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Its been that way for 30 years.  We're just actually acknowledging it now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

Pretty much that way now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’ve thought about that, but considering that even $1 million is more than most coaches make, and right in line with what the highest paid assistant coaches in America make, I highly doubt that would happen. I think any kid thinking they are fairly asking for $1 million dollars needs to re-evaluate things. If we have that kind of money to throw at recruits, then we sure as heck should be able to write any check we want to any coach in America.

*edit* I know you’re not actually suggesting $10 million, I just thought I’d comment on the whole NIL thing at large

Edited by Potatooooooes!!
  • Like 1

Guess it doesn't matter to you and a lot of others. That's OK. I just hate to see college FB as I have known it turning into a whole different animal.

In my mind things have stead been changing for a long time (my beginning point is when coaching pay started to elevate). That caused coaches to move around as they wanted. Sooner or later we knew the players were going to wise up and begin to get some return on their efforts (rightfully so in my book).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I’ve thought about that, but considering that even $1 million is more than most coaches make, and right in line with what the highest paid assistant coaches in America make, I highly doubt that would happen. I think any kid thinking they are fairly asking for $1 million dollars needs to re-evaluate things. If we have that kind of money to throw at recruits, then we sure as heck should be able to write any check we want to any coach in America.

*edit* I know you’re not actually suggesting $10 million, I just thought I’d comment on the whole NIL thing at large

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Yeah, not like it’s coming out of your pocket. You said a mouthful there. Why don’t you pony up some cash for the team? We don’t want to get left behind, do we?

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Could be a positive thing. You literally can’t afford an off day. Obv could lean towards the negative, player ends up collapsing under the weight, scenario too 

Yes, its a new day and players will have to adjust.  I just hope playing time is not predicated on the size of the NIL, but rather the best player getting his chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, its a new day and players will have to adjust.  I just hope playing time is not predicated on the size of the NIL, but rather the best player getting his chance.

As wins/losses typically determine HC career, doubt that will be taken into account. Might genuinely mean the same thing if NIL assessors get it correct though, as obviously, players with most perceived abilities will get most NIL.

34 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

As wins/losses typically determine HC career, doubt that will be taken into account. Might genuinely mean the same thing if NIL assessors get it correct though, as obviously, players with most perceived abilities will get most NIL.

Can someone shed some light on who connected with AU can pony up enuf money.. I know Yellow Fellow and Apple guy. But who are some other companies. I've only seen a few NIL deals like Milo's tea.To get CW to AU , who would be the NIL partners?

5 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

It's been that way for yhe last 2 decades for everyone except the players.

Seems silly that the kids are now vilified when everyone else already got rich

• Like 2

I still don’t think it’s going to happen.  (I’ve been hurt too many times)

But if CW does come to AU, and just so happens to announce it around 6pm on Monday, so that pregame and during the game, ESPN has to talk about AU, I will most definitely be mancrushing on CBH!!!

• Love 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

I still don’t think it’s going to happen.  (I’ve been hurt too many times)

But if CW does come to AU, and just so happens to announce it around 6pm on Monday, so that pregame and during the game, ESPN has to talk about AU, I will most definitely be mancrushing on CBH!!!

I'm with you. But if somehow it does, CBH will have officially made a brilliant move with the OC change.

• Like 1