Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

AuburnNTexas

22 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Just wanted to wish every one a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. For those who don't celebrate Christmas I wish you a Happy Holiday and Happy New Year.

Best wishes to all.

Very nice post, but I have a question about this. IF you don't celebrate Christmas...then why should you be wished a happy holiday? The Holiday is Christmas. You either celebrate it .... or you don't. I have never understood this BS. Not attacking you personally just trying to see if anyone here has a reasonable answer.

I too wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Soak up time with your loved ones.They will not always be there. Last Christmas I had 4 parents who I loved dearly. Now I have 1 this Christmas.

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Very nice post, but I have a question about this. IF you don't celebrate Christmas...then why should you be wished a happy holiday? The Holiday is Christmas. You either celebrate it .... or you don't. I have never understood this BS. Not attacking you personally just trying to see if anyone here has a reasonable answer.

I too wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Soak up time with your loved ones.They will not always be there. Last Christmas I had 4 parents who I loved dearly. Now I have 1 this Christmas.

Hanukkah and Kwanzaa are both celebrated at this time of year. Like you I typically say Merry Christmas because that's the one I celebrate but just know there are others at this time of year. I'm sorry for your losses this past year. Went through the same things in 2020 with my mother and mother-in-law. It leaves a bit of a void especially if they enjoyed the celebration of Christmas. 

Edited by gr82be
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Hanukkah and Kwanzaa are both celebrated at this time of year. Like you I typically say Merry Christmas because that's the one I celebrate but just know there are others at this time of year. I'm sorry for your losses this past year. Went through the same things in 2020 with my mother and mother-in-law. It leaves a bit of a void especially if they enjoyed the celebration of Christmas. 

I do often forget Hanukkah and Kwanzaa. That is reasonable. I feel better now. 

Thanks for the kind words. We had our family Christmas party the other day and it was rough, but we all got through it with the help of Crown, Disoronno, and Clyde Mays!

• Like 2

Whatever you celebrate, I hope that you have a good time. Christmas at our house is shaping up to be a good one and for that I am very grateful. Saying goodbye to 2021 might be even more rewarding, though. Mostly kidding.

@Tigerpro2aand @gr82beso sorry for your losses in the past year.  It’s so hard losing parents and the holiday season makes it sting so much more. May you find joy in remembering all that they meant to you and the traditions they left with you.  Hugs! ❤️❤️

• Thanks 1

Merry Christmas from our house to yours... we hope you have a blessed week and share time with those you love.

"Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him"

And there was a star.jpg

• Love 3

10 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I too wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Soak up time with your loved ones. They will not always be there. Last Christmas I had 4 parents who I loved dearly. Now I have 1 this Christmas.

Others have already answered this but since you asked me directly some people celebrating things other then Christmas at this time of year.  I work with people from all over the world some are non-Christian Jewish, Hindu, Muslim some celebrate Christmas and other celebrate different things. I am a devout Christian so I always start with Merry Christmas and Happy New Year then I follow up with for those who don't celebrate Christmas with Happy Holiday and Happy New Year. At this time of the year especially as a Christian who is supposed to love all of our brothers then it seems the right thing to do is to wish everybody a happy Holiday but as Christian I always mention the Merry Christmas as part of my wish. 

Like others I am sorry for your losses this year but please know you have my prayers and I am sure your family members are with our Lord.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

merry christmas.

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2021 at 8:11 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

before the christians came along the holiday was yule. and they actually had the original snowman. now i have no problem wishing anyone merry christmas or if they do not care for it then happy holidays. as a christian why would you want someone to not be able to celebrate a holiday over faith? i am not arguing it just seems odd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Merry Christmas everybody! War Damn Eagle!

giphy.gif

got to love a butt shaking bear!

7 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals

Cool fact: “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer” was written and sung by an Auburn alum

• Like 1
  • Love 1