"We'll see what that looks like tomorrow."

LPTiger

Really hope he get's in, but I'll believe it when I see it. Even though he's only a freshman, tomorrow seems like a huge indicator on his future. I think he has a package, but now I'm not sure after those comments. Only going to get tougher with Geriner and transfer(s) coming in. Needs to get in and ball out, which he seems very capable of. 

We are going to have our hands full tomorrow. Houston would be a tough opponent even if all of our guys were playing. The defense in particular is missing some pieces. I don't think this is going to be a game in which there will be much opportunity to "give the new guy a chance".

• Like 4

I still do not get the non movement of the betting line.  I understand how betting works and it’s not a prediction per se, but it does indicate where money is going.  When Mullen was fired, the next games line moved close to ten points….made sense. This does not.  We have top players not playing, someone else calling the plays and a backup QB.   Of course, I thought the line on the Bama game would be covered by the first quarter and that didn’t happen, so who knows. I guess we will know tomorrow.

5 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I still do not get the non movement of the betting line.  I understand how betting works and it’s not a prediction per se, but it does indicate where money is going.  When Mullen was fired, the next games line moved close to ten points….made sense. This does not.  We have top players not playing, someone else calling the plays and a backup QB.   Of course, I thought the line on the Bama game would be covered by the first quarter and that didn’t happen, so who knows. I guess we will know tomorrow.

My thoughts exactly. I saw the line and I was like “Um, have ya seen these two teams play this year?” Of course as soon as you say that, AU goes out and holds on to a 3 point win and Vegas looks psychic yet again. 

You know how there are games where yeah sure you want to beat the other team but you REALLY want to punk the other team's head coach? This is one of those, in canuckland. With all our missing pieces I seriously doubt I'll get my wish.

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

#FreeDee!

With a mix tape offensive line and DD with his running ability . It’s a no brained to give him the game . TJ is a pocket QB and unfortunately AU can’t provide a pocket . A running QB will win this game for AU

• Like 1

Reasons to be optimistic: Houston's weak schedule and the way they played against their 2 toughest opponents; Harsin and Keneau (sp?) have called plays together before and been successful; we will not see 4th and goal at the 2 fade routes; Tank; our wideouts are healthy; our Dline was nasty last time out; our last game was the best the D played all year; Owen may be back; should be a homelike atmosphere; we are believed to have better athletes.

Reasons to worry: Zacoby and Roger sitting this one out; we are on a losing skid; o-line issues; Houston played for a conference championship.

• Like 1

I'd be shocked if he doesn't get a few series. We know Harsin isn't afraid to pull the starter.

I think today is a big one for Tank. He stayed and he's gonna ball today. Wouldn't be surprised if we won big and get a chance for Dee to play a good bit.

Also wouldn't be shocked if we got whipped, but with us, you just never know. 

I think we see Dee if 1) it is what gives us the best chance of winning or 2) the game is well in hand in the 4th quarter. 

I don't think we'll see him run a "package" and I don't think we'll see him out there as an exhibition. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

With a mix tape offensive line and DD with his running ability . It’s a no brained to give him the game . TJ is a pocket QB and unfortunately AU can’t provide a pocket . A running QB will win this game for AU

TJ will get 80%+ of the snaps while the game is still competitive. 

4 minutes ago, AU North said:

Personally, I would rather see a 'glimpse of the future' rather than a 'water-down version' of this past year. WDE

Consider the 1st question and lengthy answer was about TJ, his development, getting a full month of prep, reps with the 1st team etc....we're getting a glimpse of the future.

DD's main discussion was about him not being on scout team anymore and a tiny blurb about "what that looks like". 

I'd be shocked if TJ isn't our starter and plays the vast majority of snaps while the game is close

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Consider the 1st question and lengthy answer was about TJ, his development, getting a full month of prep, reps with the 1st team etc....we're getting a glimpse of the future.

DD's main discussion was about him not being on scout team anymore and a tiny blurb about "what that looks like". 

I'd be shocked if TJ isn't our starter and plays the vast majority of snaps while the game is close

Unfortunately, that's what I'm afraid of. WDE

5 minutes ago, AU North said:

Unfortunately, that's what I'm afraid of. WDE

You're afraid of Harsin trying to win the game instead of treating it like some exhibition for impatient fans?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, AU North said:

Personally, I would rather see a 'glimpse of the future' rather than a 'water-down version' of this past year. WDE

Harsin does NOT want to go out this year with a losing record. He will do everything he can to win the game. Treating it like an exhibition is ridiculous. That's what spring is for....

He will know who is going to produce results in this game, whether he thinks DD can provide that only he can get a feel for that. Not us.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, LPTiger said:

That is what Hars said in his press conference when asked about Dee Davis getting reps this week.   Sounds like we have a package for him tomorrow.

It just plain makes sense for Davis to be part of the game. Anyone sitting back patiently doing the coaches bidding for a full year deserves an opportunity to participate in a real game, especially a bowl game, for their efforts and loyalty. If Harsin doesn’t make this happen, I believe he will have made a big mistake.

26 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Harsin does NOT want to go out this year with a losing record. He will do everything he can to win the game. Treating it like an exhibition is ridiculous. That's what spring is for....

He will know who is going to produce results in this game, whether he thinks DD can provide that only he can get a feel for that. Not us.

Hoping that if TJ just isn’t effective, that Harsin does give DD at least a few series to see if he can actually be effective. Because, I do believe Harsin would want to win and not just coast through a glorified scrimmage.

2 hours ago, AU North said:

Have you considered that Davis isn't "the future" and they've already determined that? The whole narrative of "Davis has to get snaps because it's helpful for the future" falls apart if you consider that this is only true if they actually have plans for him to be the starter here. A lot of this makes more sense if you approach it from the angle of: Davis was an inherited QB from a prior completely different offensive philosophy and perhaps he's not as good as fans want to convince themselves he is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1