Nick Eason expected to take DL job at Clemson

W.E.D

12 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

Just wondering, seriously, why you think Dabo is a jackass?

Can't stand his screeching speeches after beating Valdosta State Technical Community College and his whole cheesy attitude in general. He is maximum cringe and comes off incredibly disingenuous to me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Zeek said:

Can't stand his screeching speeches after beating Valdosta State Technical Community College and his whole cheesy attitude in general. He is maximum cringe and comes off incredibly disingenuous to me.

This, very cringe in his speaking style, he has terrible old dude yelling at cloud level takes, and doesn't seem genuine at all.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beaker said:

He could be purple with one eye for all I care and worship trees. 

Finally, someone accepts me for who I am.

12 minutes ago, Didba said:

If I had a boss breaking into a mini-sermon at meetings it would definitely be a turn off/annoyance for myself, I'd get over it though especially if the job was good. So your point is a good one.

I've gotten used to it. Especially since the message is almost always "Your job is hard, my job is hard, all our jobs are hard, let's just be cool with each other and stay focused and work hard" dressed up with a little Jesus. It's actually healthy for me to hear that from leadership from time to time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He's actually related by marriage to a college friend of mine. Said friend has had some tough times including losing a spouse after a protracted battle with cancer. DS very involved and supportive throughout. You may not like his style, I agree that it isn't for everyone, but it's not fake

Edited by fredst
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Hes actually related by marriage to a college friend of mine. Said friend has had some tough times including losing a spouse after a protracted battle with cancer. DS very involved and supportive throughout. You make not like his style, I agree that it isn't for everyone, but its not fake

As someone put it to me, the dude really did spend some time living in a car with his mom, and now he really is earning generational wealth in a dream job. So he really does mean every word of it. Glad to hear he's involved at the micro level, too. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, fredst said:

He's actually related by marriage to a college friend of mine. Said friend has had some tough times including losing a spouse after a protracted battle with cancer. DS very involved and supportive throughout. You may not like his style, I agree that it isn't for everyone, but it's not fake

That's cool to hear. I'll respect him more as a person but as a coach he's still a tool to me lol.

• Like 1

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-expected-to-add-former-Kentucky-QB-Mike-Hartline-to-staff-pursuing-Cardinals-DL-coach-Brentson-Buckner-179965132/

Auburn football is reportedly bringing on a former All-SEC quarterback to its coaching staff. Bryan Harsin and the Tigers will hire former Kentucky quarterback Mike Hartline as an analyst, according to multiple reports. In a simultaneous report from ESPN's Adam Schefter, Auburn also appears to be making a push to add Arizona Cardinals’ defensive line coach Brentson Buckner after Buckner reportedly turned down an offer to join Dabo Swinney's staff at Clemson.

Hartline has spent the past three seasons as the offensive coordinator at NCAA Division II Ohio Dominican in Columbus, Ohio. He is the younger brother of Ohio State wide receivers coach Brian Hartline, who has assembled one of the premier wide receiver rooms in the nation for the Buckeyes since being elevated to his current role in 2019. Hartline, prior to taking the OC job at Ohio Dominican, served as quality control and quarterbacks assistant at Cincinnati from 2017-18. He was also an intern on Urban Meyer's coaching staff at Ohio State from 2015-16.

As a player, Hartline was at Kentucky from 2006-2010. He redshirted his first year on campus in Lexington before seeing limited action in 2007 as a redshirt freshman. Hartline then took over starting duties in 2008. Hartline, following his time with the Wildcats, ultimately went undrafted in 2011 before having stints with the Indianapolis Colts and New England Patriots. He never made the active roster for either franchise with his time in the NFL coming to end when the Patriots released him in May 2012.

Buckner, who played college football at Clemson and was a second-round pick in the 1994 NFL Draft, is in his second season in his second stint with Arizona. He has not held a college coaching position in his career, having held various positions in the NFL since the 2010 season.

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

That's cool to hear. I'll respect him more as a person but as a coach he's still a tool to me lol.

If only we could all always separate the two.

I've had great friends that I hated working with and great coworkers that I wouldn't spend 5 minutes with socially if given the chance. It's great when it's both but it's okay when it's not. 

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Ok....

I don't think you mean anything more than sharing a tidbit.  

We have the team chaplain, I just need Harsin to build a sustainable winner.  He could be purple with one eye for all I care and worship trees. 

Yeah just sharing a tidbit haha. I don’t really care about anybody’s faith.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

It is a conundrum. DL first, then OC/QB coach. Shouldn't he be snatching up high school coaches?

I hope he is at least smart enough to learn from our past mistakes about high school coaches.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Carnell said:

I hope he is at least smart enough to learn from our past mistakes about high school coaches.

I don't think he needs to learn from someone else's mistakes that he'd never make himself.

Speaking of, he's already laid to rest my fears of this turning into a big ol' Boise BBQ. Sharks only swim forward and all that.

50 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I can totally respect that…..and am in agreement with it, lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

This makes me want to do the Twitter.

I personally hate Twitter for the most part but Drunk Abbie is the truth

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I have close friends who are closely related to Dabo.  He isn't fake. I guess different personalities are in conflict, in regards to him being a jackass. People probably say that about me. I sure hope not. 

6 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Urban Meyer came from the Mountain West and we all see how that turned out for Florida.  

Kirby Smart had never even held a HC position and look at UGA. 

Dabo Swinney was a position coach when he was handed the reigns of Clemson. 

And our Sunbelt conference coach took us to the NC in his first year and still is the most successful coach against Saban in FBS along with Swinney. 

Urban meyer wow.  The analogy here is that there are two lakes to fish 1 with 100 bass but only about 1 to 5 would be 10 pounders or better and lake 2 also has 100 bass in it but 50 to 60 are 10 pounds or better.  Auburn is fishing in lake 1 because Florida caught a 10 pound urban bass there a few years back.  Bama comes walking over carrying a 12 pound Saben bass and told Auburn he caught it out of lake 2.  Auburn says since Florida caught the 10 lbs Urban bass at this lake he would continue fishing that lake.  Then Georgia comes over carrying a 10 lbs smart bass and tells him he caught it in lake 2 and Auburn says I will continue to fish here because Florida caught a 10 lbs Urban bass.  Then ole miss comes over carrying an 8 lbs kiffen bass and tells Auburn he caught it in lake 2.  Again Auburn says no thanks

Moral of the story:  it ain't right bright to continue fishing lake 1.  

Malzahn was fired for a reason and you can clip one or two highlights overlooks his entire coaching performance.

33 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

in regards to him being a jackass. People probably say that about me.

Oh, they definitely say that about me, lol

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

Urban meyer wow.  The analogy here is that there are two lakes to fish 1 with 100 bass but only about 1 to 5 would be 10 pounders or better and lake 2 also has 100 bass in it but 50 to 60 are 10 pounds or better.  Auburn is fishing in lake 1 because Florida caught a 10 pound urban bass there a few years back.  Bama comes walking over carrying a 12 pound Saben bass and told Auburn he caught it out of lake 2.  Auburn says since Florida caught the 10 lbs Urban bass at this lake he would continue fishing that lake.  Then Georgia comes over carrying a 10 lbs smart bass and tells him he caught it in lake 2 and Auburn says I will continue to fish here because Florida caught a 10 lbs Urban bass.  Then ole miss comes over carrying an 8 lbs kiffen bass and tells Auburn he caught it in lake 2.  Again Auburn says no thanks

Malzahn was fired for a reason and you can clip one or two highlights overlooks his entire coaching performance.

Maybe you should read first before posting.

No one is saying, nor did I, that we should hire from the Mountain West because FL did.   The point…if you actually read and have even a minor level of reading comprehension….is that there have been some VERY successful coaches come out of the Mountain West.  And the Sunbelt.  And some that have never even BEEN a head coach before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Hell no to some Druid

My nickname is Sequoyah, my real name is Beaker. .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

Fishing stories generally have whoppers in them (not just the fish BTW).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

I heard him speak to a bunch of high school players once.    I liked his message - it was sincere, included humility and faith and I thought spot on for a bunch of HS kids who were probably not D1 athletes, but had dreams. 

I like him as a person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Glad I read it. It changes my mind from indifferent toward him to wanting him to succeed. I can see why he is such a good recruiter. 

• Like 2