Time to eat crow

NWALA Tiger

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Nobody should have to eat crow. I loved the Harsin hire. In many ways, I still do. I still believe he has a chance to turn it around. 

The only people who should truly have to eat crow are the ones who keep spinning all the obviously negative stuff as positives, and mocking other fans for worrying or being impatient.

Here's the thing on that, if you're one in that lot. You have literally nothing to root your optimism in other than blind faith. Which is silly in sports.

No SEC resume. No recruiting resume. No people skills. Game management red flags. Locker room red flags. Coaching staff red flags.

There is absolutely no reason to believe in CBH at this point other than blind faith. I'm all fine to wait and let the guy try to fix this. But the fans who are absolutely certain he is the guy are full of it. 

I'm not sure there are any that are "certain".

They just aren't running around flailing and shrieking.

What will be, will be.

Poor ole coach Dye would have been run off the first six months had he coached today. Hell, he had people leaving and there was no portal back then. Culture change is a hard business.

I really do not know what Harsin can do to change the momentum until next Fall -- and I think that is too late.  Plus next year's team is just not going to be very talented compared to our schedule.  And even if the starters play well, we have no depth.  Hate to say/admit it, but I think this is over.

• Sad 1

I don’t see him being fired before the season starts, but I’m wondering what the hell he’s doing to address the many problems we have. We’re losing lineman left and right with no replacements, his OC resigns without even getting to spring practice, he seems to have a problem working with other coaches. I’m struggling to find one positive thing about Harsin’s hire, other than the PTB didn’t like it. At this rate, I’d love to have HC Steele

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I'm not sure there are any that are "certain".

They just aren't running around flailing and shrieking.

What will be, will be.

Poor ole coach Dye would have been run off the first six months had he coached today. Hell, he had people leaving and there was no portal back then. Culture change is a hard business.

No, that just isn't true. Dye had an SEC pedigree as a coach and player, along with charisma to connect with people. This is another oft-said thing. 

We aren't 6-7 because Saban went 6-6 his first year. Harsin isn't disliked because he's the next Coach Dye. Just accept these are different people and a different situation rather than grasping for false parallels.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I didn't realize new posters had a grace period.... How much longer I got?... Gotta alot I need to get off my chest😁

I'm just saying I doubt if anybody would think I'm going to find nwala and see them eat crow. I mean post what you want all you want. 

Starting a thread telling people to come and tell you what they want to say is amusing to me

4 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

It's time to cut our losses and move on...this situation is absolutely toxic.  Coaches and players can't function in in this atmosphere. I've never seen anything unravel so fast.

To where? Who would AU hire? 

29 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm just saying I doubt if anybody would think I'm going to find nwala and see them eat crow. I mean post what you want all you want. 

Starting a thread telling people to come and tell you what they want to say is amusing to me

What the crap are u talking about

• Haha 2

I saw this morning that 48% of the players in the portal have NOT committed to a new school. If AU picks up some needed bodies from the portal, we could make some noise next year. If we continue to bleed players….not so much!!

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Do u take everything posted Literally? Do u hang on every word????Nevermind, looking at some of your posts, I can answer my own question

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

along with charisma to connect with people. This is another oft-said thing. 

For many reasons Dye ≠ Harsin. But the charisma and Harsin’s lack of relationship building in-state is the biggest difference in my eyes. 

Honestly, the only two things they have in common is that they both coached in the same region a year before coming to Auburn. Pat started his head coaching career at East Carolina, and both are hard-asses. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You asked a question and I answered. Let's just move on. Ok people come and tell you to eat crow. Got it. 

4 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

I don’t think he will be fired but there has been smoke around campus this past week he might not be around much longer.  

I thought we made the best hire out of the coaching carousel of 2020 but right now its looking like possibly the worst.  Perception is everything and right now its the lowest I can remember it being at AU in a long, long time. 

Do you mean with AU fans or at AU?

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You asked a question and I answered. Let's just move on. Ok people come and tell you to eat crow. Got it. 

My original post was not a question. Yet u felt the need to respond. Which is what u seem to do alot of the time. But yes we can move on, after u respond to this and have the last word, which is another thing u like to do. 

• Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

My original post was not a question. Yet u felt the need to respond. Which is what u seem to do alot of the time. But yes we can move on, after u respond to this and have the last word, which is another thing u like to do. 

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I didn't realize new posters had a grace period.... How much longer I got?... Gotta alot I need to get off my chest😁

Ok.

You seem to know a bunch about me or at least you think you do. Ironic how it's the point of my post. Can't say the same.

But once again everybody come and tell you I told you so....

Edited by cole256

3 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

Somebody please put something in this dude's mouth because my zipper is stuck. 🤭

🙄

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

This Right Here!!!!!

There is no reason for anyone to eat crow. There is no reason for anyone to say I told you so" at this point. Nothing is proven. Everyone wanted a culture change. A lot of this comes with that change. Some chamges go more smoothly than others obviously. We haven't even had our 2nd spring game with this coach yet and people are writing him off.

Many folks like to talk about how bad Gus left things, but then expected CBH to just fix it in one season. Well which is it? Did Gus leave things in a complete mess or is CBH completely incompetent? 

One thing we do know about AU is that throughout the years we have shown a keen ability to bounce back quickly. Look at the end of Tubs era and the 08 recruiting class. Then enter G.C. and 2 years later we win a NC. G.C went 3-9 in 2012 and one year later we won the SEC. My point is that no matter how bad it may seem right now, AU is capable of bouncing back quickly. 

Reminder, I am not saying not to be concerned or bury your head in the sand....but it is WAY to early to write off this staff IMO.

This is what I was trying to say

• Like 2

On 1/25/2022 at 9:37 AM, Didba said:

Bunch of unsubstantiated conjecture in this thread lmao.

5 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

It's time to cut our losses and move on...this situation is absolutely toxic.  Coaches and players can't function in in this atmosphere. I've never seen anything unravel so fast.

Some of y'all need to take a breath and calm down. You sound like the same kind of person who would have called for Bammer to fire Saban after his first season (including a loss to Louisiana Monroe):

The 2007 Alabama Crimson Tide football team represented the University of Alabama for the 2007 NCAA Division I FBS football season. The Tide was led by its new head coach Nick Saban, a former head coach of rival LSU. Despite a strong 6–2 start, they finished out the season by losing four of their final five games. The team closed the regular season at 6–6 (4–4, SEC) and lost for a sixth-straight time to rival Auburn. 

The same year as above, Harsin as OC was helping lead Boise State to an upset win over #5 ranked Oklahoma, led by Bob Stoops, in the '07 Fiesta Bowl. 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Some of y'all need to take a breath and calm down. You sound like the same kind of person who would have called for Bammer to fire Saban after his first season (including a loss to Louisiana Monroe):

The 2007 Alabama Crimson Tide football team represented the University of Alabama for the 2007 NCAA Division I FBS football season. The Tide was led by its new head coach Nick Saban, a former head coach of rival LSU. Despite a strong 6–2 start, they finished out the season by losing four of their final five games. The team closed the regular season at 6–6 (4–4, SEC) and lost for a sixth-straight time to rival Auburn. 

The same year as above, Harsin as OC was helping lead Boise State to an upset win over #5 ranked Oklahoma, led by Bob Stoops, in the '07 Fiesta Bowl. 

Now dang flabbit. How did this never get brought up before? 

Did anybody else know we have the next Nick Saban?

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Do you mean with AU fans or at AU?

I would say both.  As well as those outside AU.  We look like a dumpster fire at this point.  The program looks chaotic. 

What Harsin does in the next couple of months with portal players and the OC hire is either going to continue the criticism or start to put some confidence back into the program but of course its what happens on the field in the fall that matters most. 

Edited by AEAugirl

13 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Saban also came in with a lot of street cred in the SEC that Harsin doesn’t have, and recruited lights out from the start, which Harsin isn’t exactly doing. 

Is he the next Saban?  His start sure is a lot rockier than Saban’s was.  

• Like 2