Should Be Stated

AUght2win

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

then those responsible should be outted and held accountable. 

They will be by a wrongful termination lawsuit.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

This has been glossed over, I think. And maybe by the time people see this thread, we'll know more of the actual truth. But I'd like to state one thing that I think a lot of folks would agree with me on, and that the Auburn fanbase needs to make clear.

I have been critical of Bryan Harsin in the recent months. I don't like the direction our program is headed and there are many signs CBH may not be able to win at Auburn.

However.

I want to say emphatically, that no matter my thoughts on him as a coach, if this rumor has been concocted by the powers that be as a way to fire Harsin it is one of the most reprehensible, disgusting, and inexcusable things I've ever heard of in college athletics.

People are making a lot of jokes. Some are giddy he might be fired. But this is real life. These are real people and a real family. If it's true, it's terribly sad, and if it's false, in many ways, that's even worse. 

If it comes to light that this was a totally fabricated, life-ruining thing to try and fire a coach, then those responsible should be outted and held accountable. 

I agree wholeheartedly. I just can't see it with them being high school sweethearts. I really believe people needed to wait until after fall a d let the staff do their thing. I can't believe this is happening. Too much drama.

I keep thinking that the vile rumors are more likely instigated by somebody associated with the jealous fanbase across the state.  We have crane-kicked them in gymnastics, swimming, club hockey, basketball twice, created Jungle City, locked up Bruce, etc and really been riding a wave of momentum in the AD the last few weeks.

Separately I think the PTB have legitimate gripes about the direction of the football program, that may even include some professional reasons to investigate a firing for cause.

Both things can be true,  and there is most definitely blood in the water. We'll know soon enough

Edited by BigBlueWDE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

This has been glossed over, I think. And maybe by the time people see this thread, we'll know more of the actual truth. But I'd like to state one thing that I think a lot of folks would agree with me on, and that the Auburn fanbase needs to make clear.

I have been critical of Bryan Harsin in the recent months. I don't like the direction our program is headed and there are many signs CBH may not be able to win at Auburn.

However.

I want to say emphatically, that no matter my thoughts on him as a coach, if this rumor has been concocted by the powers that be as a way to fire Harsin it is one of the most reprehensible, disgusting, and inexcusable things I've ever heard of in college athletics.

People are making a lot of jokes. Some are giddy he might be fired. But this is real life. These are real people and a real family. If it's true, it's terribly sad, and if it's false, in many ways, that's even worse. 

If it comes to light that this was a totally fabricated, life-ruining thing to try and fire a coach, then those responsible should be outted and held accountable. 

I’m on the outside. What is the big rumor going on? 

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

However.

You can’t possibly believe this was all made up by “The Powers That Be” as you called them.

I mean come on! You can’t possibly believe that?!

I was wondering what the Harsin Apologists excuse (I know ur not one of them) was going to be, I guess now we know.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Didba said:

They will be by a wrongful termination lawsuit.

It would possibly be the biggest lawsuit in the history of college athletics. That’s one of the reasons it can’t possibly be true.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You can’t possibly believe this was all made up by “The Powers That Be” as you called them.

I was wondering what the Harsin Apologists excuse (I know ur not one of them) was going to be, I guess now we know.

So I assume you have proof this rumor is all 100 % true and not fabricated?

47 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yeah, making up an affair to give you an excuse to fire a coach seems far-fetched. It would get you sued for sure, and well, if that theory is true, when the truth inevitably comes out, we will have destroyed our football program for decades.  I certainly hope that is not the case.

• Like 1