Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

I guess my question would be, How would he be different than CBH other than he did take UC to the CFP, which was impressive. Wasn't a major concern for CBH was that he was a mountain west guy with no ties to the south in a non-power 5 conference? I feel like Luke would run into the same type of questioning. 

Have no idea just know they are looking at him don't think he will get it but who knows........NO ONE

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

If you actually kept up with what your shower buddy was posting, you would see it was not weird at all. Legit even...

Its sad when someone can't make a little joke without stirring up the squad. You guys will get over it.

Now get back out there and take control of this thread with your vast knowledge.   

Lol after 5 attempts you'd think you'd come up with a way to land one of your legit jokes. 

Tragic

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Auburn was on probation for awhile specifically because of BoT improper involvement by SACS is what I remember. For years it was surmised Lowder (BoT) was main controller of system. I agree jetgate was a low point but was just the tip of the spear of the actual situation. I also realize the BoT is a requirement and every school has them. Few have the historic reputation of improper involvement as AU.

That had nothing to do with interference in the sports programs. The probation from SACS was thoroughly laid out in a post here, recently. Again, as a rebuttal to the idea of PTB meddling. There have been too many posts in the last week to make it findable, but it was there for all to see.

Guest MustardSeed
10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The movies Rudy and Hoosiers ruined a bunch of people of understanding how sports actually work lol

You’re not wrong

of course there are examples on both sides so the truth is somewhere in the middle, but closer to the 5 stars 😂

maybe a 4 2/3 star guys is ideal 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

In reality there was no slow clapping African-American man. 

He LEGIT would have ran on the field and celebrated with the team

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol after 5 attempts you'd think you'd come up with a way to land one of your legit jokes. 

Tragic

Cole, it is reality now. I have over taken you as the anti-hero of aufamily

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Cole, it is reality now. I have over taken you as the anti-hero of aufamily

giphy.gif

Absolutely. I posted one time too many and became a villain. And even worse my arch rivals are trash so my stuff isn't even fun. 

I just grab my popcorn and watch you like everybody else😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Absolutely. I posted one time too many and became a villain. And even worse my arch rivals are trash so my stuff isn't even fun. 

I just grab my popcorn and watch you like everybody else😂

The apprentice has now became...

giphy.gif

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

If you actually kept up with what your shower buddy was posting, you would see it was not weird at all. Legit even...

Its sad when someone can't make a little joke without stirring up the squad. You guys will get over it.

Now get back out there and take control of this thread with your vast knowledge.   

another weird homo erotic comment 

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Tragic

Seems to really just want to talk about penises 

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

another weird homo erotic comment 

Ah yes, another squad attack.

Keep taking over threads with your vast knowledge. We all appreciate it. 

And if we don't, we are all homos, right...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That had nothing to do with interference in the sports programs. The probation from SACS was thoroughly laid out in a post here, recently. Again, as a rebuttal to the idea of PTB meddling. There have been too many posts in the last week to make it findable, but it was there for all to see.

I did read it and you are correct , it wasn’t meddling into sports. SACS don’t care if that takes place. Good luck convincing anyone that they don’t also meddle in the sports programs ( outside of jetgate). It only came to light that single time it ever happened. 

Just now, DAG said:

What movie is this? Asking for a friend?

Slapshot

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

@abw0004@DAG

Cool it.  Just step away for a bit and stop taking over the thread with this back and forth.

That said, on the issue of Harsin's recruiting, abw is mostly right.  Harsin has a default disposition of thinking he can find "his guys" -  diamond in the rough, blue collar, 3-star types to build a team around, with a 4 or 5-star difference maker here and there, and then out coach our opponents.  The fact that he'll go after a difference maker kid doesn't negate the basic recruiting philosophy.

But damn folks, move on.

Thank you.

Can’t recruit Olinemen, loses to our biggest rivals, predictable offense, our pets heads are falling off, time to get rid of Gus.

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Ah yes, another squad attack.

Keep taking over threads with your vast knowledge. We all appreciate it. 

And if we don't, we are all homos, right...

Hey everybody show this guy some attention!

There you go, now you can stop right?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I just wish people would stop with the lies. I mean blatant evidence could be in their face and they will deny. CBH has shown red flags that he is over his head POTENTIALLY, but to say he just doesn't think he needs top talent to win in the SEC? Come on man. And to have no data to disprove such statements other than subjective quotes?

I think the point is that Harsin places greater weight on personal attributes such as character, adaptability and program fit than on star ratings because he feels that he can coach the players up.  I heard this publicly stated on sports radio within the last few days, so it's been discussed outside of this venue.  I think it was on the morning show on WJOX, less likely the morning show on WNSP.  I regularly listen to both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gctiger said:

I heard this publicly stated on sports radio within the last few days

So it must be true, right? but I can't discuss this anymore. So you can have it.

Edited by DAG
  • Facepalm 1

42 minutes ago, DAG said:

Cool what? We are having a discussion man.  There are several people discussing this topic at hand including yourself.

But that is the thing man.  You are just throwing insults out in your discussion for no reason.  That is what turns it into an argument.  For example, @Tigerpro2a and @autiger88 disagree with me and agree with you but they asked me questions in a respectful manor.  So I am happy to answer them as best I can.

DAG, I know personally you are a great guy.  Your work in the medical field is really something to marvel at.  I just ask if you want to quote me, just treat me with the same respect.  I hope that makes sense, and you hear the tone I write this in is genuine. 

• Like 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

But that is the thing man.  You are just throwing insults out in your discussion for no reason.  That is what turns it into an argument.  For example, @Tigerpro2a and @autiger88 disagree with me and agree with you but they asked me questions in a respectful manor.  So I am happy to answer them as best I can.

DAG, I know personally you are a great guy.  Your work in the medical field is really something to marvel at.  I just ask if you want to quote me, just treat me with the same respect.  I hope that makes sense, and you hear the tone I write this in is genuine. 

Hey stop discussing. You heard what TITAN said. No need to quote me anymore.

Edited by DAG