New Reality of the Situation

AUght2win

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Don't get ppl facepalming and scared to respond makes little sense to me.

Dell has experience being in an elite program. Dabo and Pittman are position coaches who did well as coaches. It would still be risky. I don't know enough about him besides he recruits well and was a GA here in 2013 and we've tried to hire him a dozen times

Completely agree. So do you think we could get him if we offered him HC? Sadly he wasn't on the PTB's (rumored) list.

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Do you think current players are?

Is it possible groups can have different experiences? Not sure why either outspoken sides have to be liars.

🤷‍♂️

Just now, W.E.D said:

Is it possible groups can have different experiences? Not sure why either outspoken sides have to be liars.

🤷‍♂️

They don't. 

Tough love, accountability, and hard work after years of having little to none will look very different to those that don't want any of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Completely agree. So do you think we could get him if we offered him HC? Sadly he wasn't on the PTB's (rumored) list.

I have no idea who we could or couldn't get. I'd have to imagine, if we were serious about Dell, he would listen. 

Just now, bigbird said:

They don't. 

Tough love, accountability, and hard work after years of having little to none will look very different to those that don't want any of that.

This is basically a dismal of one group FWIW 

• Facepalm 1

This is basically a dismal of one group FWIW 

No it's not. I completely understand how some could be made to feel bad about it.  Some will take it as a breath of needed fresh air, others will see it as working as dogs. That doesn't mean anything was malicious nor abusive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, bigbird said:

No it's not. I completely understand how some could be made to feel bad about it. That doesn't mean anything was malicious nor abusive.

You're invalidating their views tho.  "will look very different to those that don't want any of that." Thats pretty damn dismissive and condescending towards one group

Again, everyone seem to conflate what is being investigated and what players have discussed on social media. They aren't the same.

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

They don't. 

Exactly.  The narrative trying to be pushed is that Harsin is racist, but never was until he got to Auburn.  The narrative is Harsin doesn't understand athletes, but never had an issue until he got to Auburn.  Somehow Harsin acquired all these negative traits in the last year, amazing.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're invalidating their views tho.  "will look very different to those that don't want any of that." Thats pretty damn dismissive and condescending towards one group

Again, everyone seem to conflate what is being investigated and what players have discussed on social media. They aren't the same.

That's not dismissive.

Quit trying to make it out to be 

Those that wanted things to continue as is, those that don't want to put in the hard work, those that don't like tough love... those will see accountability, hard work, and the tough love differently than those that want it and see the changes as positive and necessary.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Forget completely about the affair accusations. They don't matter. Looks like total bunk. Whether or not it began this domino effect and who started that rumor is ultimately irrelevant. 

Like it or not, the real issue at hand is whether or not Harsin can continue recruiting for Auburn. That's what this is going to come down to. In many ways, it's what has always been at the core of this.

Recruiting was already suffering mightily. 8th in the SEC. Big time portal struggles this cycle. Junior day was a disaster. The cherry on top was not a single player signed on NSD. Not even a 2 star project from Montgomery or something. 

A bad situation went to critical when all these former, prominent, players publicly detailed their negative accounts of what it's like to play for Harsin. I don't think Smoke and those kids fully understand what they just did. It's going to be so easy for other programs to talk prospects out of coming to Auburn, now. All they've got to do is show them that footage and a bunch of players' tweets.

So regardless of whether those kids are soft. Regardless of whether Harsin is a jerk. Regardless of his plan. Regardless of culture. Regardless of accusations or the who "for cause" debate.

The ONLY question now is: is it even going to be possible for Harsin to recruit for Auburn anymore? Can he go forward after this? I'm honestly not sure. But whether it's fair or unfair, if this whole fiasco has done irreparable damage to his appeal to recruits, he can't be here anymore. 

Personally, I think the best thing for Auburn would be if somehow CBH could survive and rally. But it's going to take a massive PR campaign to fix this recruiting problem.

This is what the decision is going to come down to. 

I think how all this started is important and I really hope someone is held accountable! But I can agree with you on your last two paragraphs 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I have no idea who we could or couldn't get. I'd have to imagine, if we were serious about Dell, he would listen. 

If we have to make a coaching change, Dell or another up and coming coach may be the only one affordable since we will have gus and harsin still on the payroll.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's not dismissive. Quit trying to make it out to be 

Those that wanted things to continue as is, those that don't want to put in the hard work, those that don't like tough love... those will see accountability, hard work, and the tough love differently than those that want it and see the changes as positive and necessary.

Correct.  This seems like common sense stuff to me also.

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

There’s a difference between tough and a jerk though. I worked for a jerk that was a boss. I gave my all as much as I could, but eventually my performance suffered because nothing I’d do got me out of his wrath and he’d actively sabotage my efforts to try to do good things for the organization. So, I left at the first opportunity and went to work for a boss that, while tough, was a very good manager.
In the real world, abusive managers and jerks lose employees. And that’s exactly what appears to be happening here. 

I’m aware and agree with you. But jerk vs tough is subjective. And that’s also what’s going on. Two things can be true at the same time. Harsin can be an abrasive hard nosed distant football coach in the eyes of those who left and a tough no nonsense strong leader to the majority who are defending him. True culture reset is very hard. On leaders and team members. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Exactly.  The narrative trying to be pushed is that Harsin is racist, but never was until he got to Auburn.  The narrative is Harsin doesn't understand athletes, but never had an issue until he got to Auburn.  Somehow Harsin acquired all these negative traits in the last year, amazing.

I just want to see some viable examples of racism. Racism is not the same as not understanding someone cultural background. I wouldn’t call you a bigot if you didn’t understand the idea of non-binary. However, I would hope you would be willing to engage in discussion with it and not be dismissal. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

That's not dismissive. Quit trying to make it out to be 

Lmao. Again you dismiss their views and blame the players bc they are weak, lack accountability, don't want to work hard, etc.

You don't agree with them. Just own it. You see on side as being correct and righteous and the other not. Your posts show it. Just own it

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, provibe said:

I think how all this started is important and I really hope someone is held accountable! But I can agree with you on your last two paragraphs 

It will be swept under the rug. The people that should be held accountable hold too much power

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

He is dealing with an extremely different set of players. Not saying he's racist or anything. But he's never coached a team of southern kids before.

Just now, SRBautigerfan said:

Correct.  This seems like common sense stuff to me also.

Common sense is no longer common.

It's baffling to see so many AU fans wanting the bad info to be true.  Will fight tooth and nail just to be right. Who cares if their continual perpetuation is damaging.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Exactly. I also keep pointing out that a large number of his staff and support staff chose to follow him here. People usually don’t follow abusive jerks cross country  

It should also be no surprise that Allen Green is said to be unpopular and not connected, traits never spoken of while he was at Notre Dame, Ole Miss, or Buffalo. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 4

Lmao. Again you dismiss their views and blame the players bc they are weak, lack accountability, don't want to work hard, etc.

You don't agree with them. Just own it. You see on side as being correct and righteous and the other not. Your posts show it. Just own it

The irony

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Let me pull the IG live. It might blow yall away.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I just want to see some viable examples of racism. Racism is not the same as not understanding someone cultural background. I wouldn’t call you a bigot if you didn’t understand the idea of non-binary. 

If I had a crystal ball, and putting together comments from a lot of insiders for weeks before this current investigation, I think k that's where we end up. It's not racism, but it's the inability, ignorance, unwillingness to understand, etc the hardships of a specific group of people and it happens to fall on racial lines.

Now, that doesn't mean either side is wrong in support for or against him. He could connect with some but not others.

It just meshes a lot about Harsin and his staff nit being able to relate and connect with a lot of recruits/players.

That's still a lot of bad blood in the water. If that happens, not sure the path forward. A lot of ppl would have to get behind him institutionally

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The irony

I literally said I believe both. You dismiss one group, can't own it, and just facepalm your way through it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1