Happy independence day!!

27 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Do you believe Jesus would bless the current state of our nation?

Look at global statistics.  I believe Jesus has never expected us to be perfect, merely moving in the direction that reflects his simple principles.  Are we?

America has never been perfect. However, what other nation in the history of mankind can compare ? None!

Name a country where you have more freedoms, opportunities and the pursuit of happiness. America has freed more people, fed more people, sheltered more people, assisted more people and evangelized more people than the rest of the world combined.

It was part of the manifest destiny that God had planned for America, to be a “ Shining City on the Hill”.

To answer your question, No, God  would not/is not pleased with the moral, spiritual and cultural decline of our nation. That’s why many of us are working hard to take back our country.

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

Jesus doesn't need to bless this nation, as it's a secular nation, without an establishment of religion and many people here don't believe in Jesus and never will.

Thank you but, I wasn't addressing those who do not believe.  No offense though, some of my atheist friends are actually much more representative of the principles of Jesus than my "Christian" friends.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

America has never been perfect. However, what other nation in the history of mankind can compare ? None!

Name a country where you have more freedoms, opportunities and the pursuit of happiness. America has freed more people, fed more people, sheltered more people, assisted more people and evangelized more people than the rest of the world combined.

It was part of the manifest destiny that God had planned for America, to be a “ Shining City on the Hill”.

To answer your question, No, God  would not/is not pleased with the moral, spiritual and cultural decline of our nation. That’s why many of us are working hard to take back our country.

You do NOT,,, take it back.  You must lead by example.  I do not take you seriously or, believe you have any sincerity. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

You do NOT,,, take it back.  You must lead by example.  I do not take you seriously or, believe you have any sincerity. 

Perhaps I should clarify my statement. When I said “ take back our country”, it means showing leadership in character, morals , community , church and government. It means voting and supporting candidates who have  similar values that made America great. It means joining and supporting organizations and associations that support these values and are working to restore our country to its roots.

1 minute ago, PUB78 said:

Perhaps I should clarify my statement. When I said “ take back our country”, it means showing leadership in character, morals , community , church and government. It means voting and supporting candidates who have  similar values that made America great. It means joining and supporting organizations and associations that support these values and are working to restore our country to its roots.

You mean white supremacy?

I am talking about the principles of Jesus.

You want to politically impose your idea of virtue.  From what I have seen, you lack virtue.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Thank you but, I wasn't addressing those who do not believe.  No offense though, some of my atheist friends are actually much more representative of the principles of Jesus than my "Christian" friends.

I know. We on the same page.

• Like 1

This sums up icanthearyou's point wonderfully. I implore everyone to take a listen even if you don't agree because it will help you understand an opposing viewpoint.

Understanding others views is the first step towards more effective communication

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

You want to politically impose your idea of virtue.  From what I have seen, you lack virtue.

Good grief ICKY! You have some deep seeded issues.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

How is the Sam Hill did you get “ white supremacy “ from my comments? Is being a member of a PCA church, Kiwanis club, a couple of professional associations, National Association of Scholars and a couple of advisory boards at Auburn considered to be “ white supremacy “ or “ white privilege “?

33 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

How is the Sam Hill did you get “ white supremacy “ from my comments? Is being a member of a PCA church, Kiwanis club, a couple of professional associations, National Association of Scholars and a couple of advisory boards at Auburn considered to be “ white supremacy “ or “ white privilege “?

In ICHY’s world..yes.

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

That poll was much higher, evidently, while Trump was in office, so I guess America was great then.  The low numbers obviously are a result of Biden and his Democratic buds who believe nothing in America is great.

That's just completely false. People's pride in being American plummeted during the years Trump was in office. 

34d3b3d8-407a-4dbe-a700-cb389296c02b_895

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

In ICHY’s world..yes.

It’s good I didn’t tell him I was a member of my local historical society.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

That's just completely false. People's pride in being American plummeted during the years Trump was in office. 

34d3b3d8-407a-4dbe-a700-cb389296c02b_895

Going by homey’s post he said this year was the lowest since they started polling in 2001.  Sooooo, he must have been looking at solely the extremely proud numbers, therefore, pride in our country was higher during the Trump years.  My statement still stands.

9 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

That poll was much higher, evidently, while Trump was in office, so I guess America was great then.  The low numbers obviously are a result of Biden and his Democratic buds who believe nothing in America is great.

Well, I'd say it has more to do with Jan.6 and Trump's three SCOTUS appointments. 

But a cultist is gonna cult.

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, I'd say it has more to do with Jan.6 and Trump's three SCOTUS appointments. 

It is sad to think a person would not be extremely proud of his country because they personally haven’t liked the way the last few years have gone for them.  I’m extremely proud of the country for what it has accomplished and its potential for greatness.  I do not think the country is headed in the right direction, but I am optimistic we will right the ship.

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Going by homey’s post he said this year was the lowest since they started polling in 2001.  Sooooo, he must have been looking at solely the extremely proud numbers, therefore, pride in our country was higher during the Trump years.  My statement still stands.

Yes, pride in our country was relatively high when Trump first took office and relatively low when he and Republicans were finally forced out 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, insight.

Homer,

I am a recovering Baptist minister’s son, so I know about deep seeded issues!🥹

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Nah. It’s not Jan 6 and and SCOTUS appointments. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

20 hours ago, PUB78 said:

"take back our country", "joining and supporting organizations and associations that support these values and are working to restore our country to its roots", MAGA

I am from Alabama.  I have known people in all of these organizations who were devout racists, tacit racists, merely prejudiced.  Those associations mean nothing.

I asked you specifically about the love of Jesus, the principles of Jesus.

Your answers are quite revealing. 

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Nah. It’s not Jan 6 and and SCOTUS appointments. 

I agree.  It is much more.

It begins with the destruction of organized labor.  It continues with stagnate wages even as productivity increases.  It forces both adult members of households to enter the workforce (poor parenting, more divorce).  It ushers in globalization and, outsourcing.  It strips away healthcare benefits and pensions.  It increases the burden on government and, forces the government to incur more debt.  It seizes control of the government and creates more programs for capital than society.  It ends with 400 fabulously wealthy Americans who believe they are entitled to everything, without limit and, "public servants" who do nothing but serve the billionaires. 

The problems are at the top, not the bottom of our society.  The problems at the bottom are just the reflection.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It is sad to think a person would not be extremely proud of his country because they personally haven’t liked the way the last few years have gone for them.  I’m extremely proud of the country for what it has accomplished and its potential for greatness.  I do not think the country is headed in the right direction, but I am optimistic we will right the ship.

I've witnessed  a lot of s*** this country has gotten through, but I never ever thought we wouldn't somehow muddle through it.

This is different.  This is not about our history.   This is about what is happening now.

We currently have one of the major political parties who is determined to overturn our democracy for the sake of a fascist authoritarian rule.  I never thought I'd see that.

Meanwhile a SCOTUS put in place by these fascists has just guaranteed we will not be able to counter climate change. You and your children are doomed to suffer the results.

Your optimism is misplaced.  I may not be here when you finally figure that out, but you and your kids are ******, and it's partly your fault for letting it happen.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I witnessed  a lot of s*** this country has gotten through, but I never ever thought we wouldn't somehow muddle through it.

This is different.  This is not about our history.   This is about what is happening now.

We currently have one of the major political parties who is determined to overturn our democracy for the sake of a fascist totalitarian rule.  I never thought I'd see that.

Meanwhile a SCOTUS put in place by these fascists have just guaranteed we will not be able to counter climate change. You and your children are doomed to suffer the results.

Your optimism is misplaced.  I may not be here when you finally figure that out, but you and your kids are ****** and it's partly your fault for letting it happen.

The fascists have accumulated most of the wealth and power.  They have strategically positioned themselves in all of our institutions, from the legal system to the church (even nuts in the military like Flynn).  All they must do now is create more division, more violence.  People will beg for the "strong" man.

Sadly, we have not learned from our own history, or world history, what that really means.  Even some of the fascists themselves will be surprised by the eventualities of monolithic power.

• Like 1

Independence is a funny word. Women don't have independence to make choices with their bodies. We don't have independence to separate religion from state. Native Americans don't have independence from state. If Obergell falls, then gay people don't have independence to marry whoever they love. If Moore v. Harper falls, we don't have independence to vote whoever we want. Independence only works if you're white, male, abled, and Christian. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1