*Official Auburn vs. Mercer Game Thread*

abw0004

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Seems certain players are demanded to be perfect. We can logically discuss things

Either awful or amazing 

Come on man, this was expected. This is just the first game so you can't let it get to you already. It will be much worse. Let's just keep it pushing and laugh at it

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I’ve never seen so many freakin weather delays, lately. I’ll be glad when the climate change portion of the Inflation Reduction Act kicks in. What is the timeline for that?

😂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

It's pretty evident that they are both qb1 going into next week

Idk. I was surprised Ashford got as much running action so early. I know Ashford made one good single read deep throw. But he's really green reading defenses and keeping the ball away from the other team in practice 

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

How did he get bench when he came out as the QB after the half.

I would say sitting for two consecutive series after the 2nd pick qualifies as a benching. Btw, benching can be temporary or permanent. We’ll see.

• Like 1

This ain't the days of having Cord Sandberg, Grant Loy, Chayil Garnett, and even Dematrius Davis on the sidelines folks! We have at least backup caliber options now. Love him or hate him Harsin is not one to play favorites. If a starter ain't cutting it, he's gonna give another guy a shot. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He threw the first pass after half time 

We're up 35, after the first series of the 3rd, it's time for the back ups. Exactly same as the opening game last year.

I wouldn't read into it as benching. Maybe Harsin will confirm your suspicion in the PC, idk tho

I doubt that. My point is the best guy will win. CBH benched Bo last year who was clearly the best QB last year. Him being benched does not mean HE IS NOT THE STARTER GOING FORTH. It just reinforces that he cannot continue on the path of avoidable mishaps.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

His coming out party vs moo state. He was trucking players, coaches , fans, the line crew. Just a moose. 

Guys like Pettway are my favorite type of football players. Big physical running backs and DE’s who look like they should be fighting the Undertaker in a Hell in the Cell ( D.Hall). I’ll take a Pettway or Ronnie Brown over a Onterio McCaleb type any day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What? Who are you? 😂 insulted you when? This is easy, just quote where any of that stuff happened and if you can't just stfu and make everybody 's day.

You quoted me more than once in just your race baiting rants on the firing ADAG thread bro. 🤣

Just now, cbo said:

Outside or on this message board?

This is actually pretty light when I compare them to the game threads last season

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

It’s possible. That’s why I said probably cost him QB1. And why are you so obsessed with TJ being QB1 or not?

I just don't feel like he's as horrendous and should definitively not be our starter as many here.

I saw good in what he did tonight even with the two picks

6 minutes ago, AUx said:

Let’s just settle it down a while by discussing politics, religion, or Covid vaccinations…..

As an aside….pineapple does not belong on pizza!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 2

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He threw the first pass after half time 

We're up 35, after the first series of the 3rd, it's time for the back ups. Exactly same as the opening game last year.

I wouldn't read into it as benching. Maybe Harsin will confirm your suspicion in the PC, idk tho

Auburn was only up 21 before the change was made. Are u saying CBH thinks that’s a comfortable lead and put in the backups 

Just now, GunsmithAU said:

You quoted me more than once in just your race baiting rants on the firing ADAG thread bro. 🤣

I said quote the insults and the fact you still don't understand that I didn't even bring up race the way you say is hilarious. 

Stop lying to yourself nobody on here is looking to have a convo with you lol. People say you are a troll

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Idk. I was surprised Ashford got as much running action so early. I know Ashford made one good single read deep throw. But he's really green reading defenses and keeping the ball away from the other team in practice 

My gut is harsin sees more upside in Ashford than Finley but knows he will need to gradually play more and more to get that experience

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

This is actually pretty light when I compare them to the game threads last season

This thread is pretty gnarly for an opening Mercer win. I can’t wait to see it when Jawja hangs 60 on us!

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

Because he threw an int after the half, then got benched. 

He has thrown 2 INTs in his last 4 pass attempts. The criticism is warranted. That would probably be a death blow against our toss up conference games.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Come on man, this was expected. This is just the first game so you can't let it get to you already. It will be much worse. Let's just keep it pushing and laugh at it

I'm ready to go. I'll never back down and let it be

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

As an aside….pineapple does not belong on pizza!!!

Agree to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

But he's really green reading defenses and keeping the ball away from the other team

This doesn’t necessarily put him behind his competition.  😁🍿