*Official Auburn vs. Mercer Game Thread*

abw0004

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I just don't feel like he's as horrendous and should definitively not be our starter as many here.

I saw good in what he did tonight even with the two picks

It’s the first game of the year so players gone make mistakes, but 2 ugly INT’s to Mercer of all teams is a red flag. Finley has had plenty of experience it’s not like he’s some true freshman

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

You quoted me more than once in just your race baiting rants on the firing ADAG thread bro. 🤣

There it is

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Idk. I was surprised Ashford got as much running action so early. I know Ashford made one good single read deep throw. But he's really green reading defenses and keeping the ball away from the other team in practice 

Harsin has used a running QB in the past, given the opportunities already RH has had to run, i wouldn't be surprised if Harsin went full Gus with QB runs and deep balls. 

If the practice reports on RH also throwing to the other team are true, we've gotta hope TJ can figure it out, but so far he looks like what everyone expected. 

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I would say sitting for two consecutive series after the 2nd pick qualifies as a benching. Btw, benching can be temporary or permanent. We’ll see.

Idk. 

Last year, opening game, starter got the half and first series. Essentially the same. TJ was done after that series no matter what when we're up 4 TDs

He'll, Koy Moore finally got in. The 2nds were subbing in

Edited by W.E.D

Just now, shabby said:

My gut is harsin sees more upside in Ashford than Finley but knows he will need to gradually play more and more to get that experience

This has been my feeling as well

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I doubt that. My point is the best guy will win. CBH benched Bo last year who was clearly the best QB last year. Him being benched does not mean HE IS NOT THE STARTER GOING FORTH. It just reinforces that he cannot continue on the path of avoidable mishaps.

He bench Bo when we were losing deep into the 4th vs GSU, right?

As I stated above, other 2s were starting to sub in

Edited by W.E.D

11 minutes ago, AUx said:

Let’s just settle it down a while by discussing politics, religion, or Covid vaccinations…..

I literally lol’d. Well played, sir.

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

So as far as the two picks over and over, you guys prefer a QB who won't throw down field?

No. We need a QB first foremost.

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

@abw0004how’s the wet t-shirt contest going? Pics or it didn’t happen 

The police are now forcing people in now unfortunately.  Some of the guys are now topless so I will try to get a few gems for you.

1D9BDF31-16ED-4EE0-B031-4D1C7F9AE9C8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

As an aside….pineapple does not belong on pizza!!!

Also a hotdog is not a sandwich

HEY!! Can we all just stop and take a second to appreciate this absolute specimen of a human being! The term “unit” was never more clear. 

A8925581-B15A-47BE-89CD-E54116DDF724.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Idk. 

Last year, opening game, starter got the half and first series. Essentially the same. TJ was done after that series no matter what when we're up 4 TDs

It also took Harsin to the very last series of Ga St to finally pull bo last year.

Unless RH balls out, and starts throwing the ball like Brady I don't think it's an automatic change to QB1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Idk. 

He'll, Koy Moore finally got in. The 2nds were subbing in

Auburn wasn’t up by 4 TDS. The last score came courtesy of RA

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

Auburn was only up 21 before the change was made. Are u saying CBH thinks that’s a comfortable lead and put in the backups 

Yes. Koy Moore was literally getting snaps and balls and the announcers literally said "first time we called the LSU transfers name Tonight"

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

The police are now forcing people in now unfortunately.  Some of the guys are now topless so I will try to get a few gems for you.

1D9BDF31-16ED-4EE0-B031-4D1C7F9AE9C8.jpeg

Uh, no. The other gender.

Just now, W.E.D said:

He bench Bo when we were losing deep into the 4th vs GSU, right?

As I stated above, other 2s were starting to sub in

No He benched Bo due to the context of the game. Same as this. You are literally the only one arguing this, but you can have it. YES I WANT PERFECTION BECAUSE I DON'T WANT MY QB THROWING MULTIPLE PICKS IN THE GAME. Makes complete sense.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So as far as the two picks over and over, you guys prefer a QB who won't throw down field?

TJs first pick was not a deep ball

On Robbie, I would have preferred that they let him work on the short, quick passing game rather than immediately going for another homerun shot

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Also a hotdog is not a sandwich

Well now you gone an dun it! How is Mr. Putin this evening, comrade??

• Haha 1