Louisville vs UCF

bigbird

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Screenshot_20220910-061125.png

UCF's defense looked like middle school players going up against high schoolers. Literally being dragged and ran through.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

UCF's defense looked like middle school players going up against high schoolers. Literally being dragged and ran through.

That's what made the 2nd half so familiar. Dominance to ineptness in 60 minutes.

I mean we all have bad games, but I've never seen it shown so consistently across a career.

• Like 3

The announcers were saying Malzahn said he thought they could win an MNC there. Then they proceeded to score 14 and lose against a Louisville team that got beat by 3 touchdowns last week.  

The other thing I noticed is that Joey Gatewood was recruited to Auburn to be our next stud QB and under Malzahn's coaching at UCF is not good enough to start at QB over a guy that was not good enough to start at QB at Ole Miss. And Gatewood is listed as a receiver on the UCF roster. 

That's what made the 2nd half so familiar. Dominance to ineptness in 60 minutes.

I mean we all have bad games, but I've never seen it shown so consistently across a career.

Yup. That entire game felt like quintessential Gus.

• Like 1

Just now, nurbis said:

The announcers

My favorite was on the targeting call on the sideline.

Announcers:

Oh yeah, that's textbook...

Yep, kinda checks all the boxes...

These are the types of plays they're trying to remove from the game...

Ref:

THERE IS NO TARGETING!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yup. That entire game felt like quintessential Gus.

And how many PF did TWill's D get flagged for?

Sloppy penalties all over the place in every phase...

• Like 1

That was like reliving a nightmare.  Perfect, world beater type offense on the first scripted drive.  Then the imagination disappears and it's just like watching kids play backyard football for the first time.

I will celebrate any and all UCF losses after experiencing their fans in the bowl game.  Enjoy the slow death of your program.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Didba said:

Read the above for transcendent level of "I told you so you dumb SoBs"

Copy Video Link

image.gif.434caf37a42ff75f903bcbc634c5ca44.gif

• Like 1

Announcers:

Ref:

THERE IS NO TARGETING!

I am not usually a point a finger at the refs type of guy, but there were a couple of calls that were definitely favored to UCF. I can’t believe on that interception in the end zone , they seriously were trying to make an argument as to whether the guy caught a TD.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nurbis said:

The other thing I noticed is that Joey Gatewood was recruited to Auburn to be our next stud QB and under Malzahn's coaching at UCF is not good enough to start at QB over a guy that was not good enough to start at QB at Ole Miss. And Gatewood is listed as a receiver on the UCF roster. 

Nothing new with Malzahn. First Kodi in '09, albeit the right move in hindsight. Then there's Frazier who was compared to Cam coming from Shiloh Christian(Malzahn's HS job). John Franklin. It's probably a safe bet had Malik not transferred to Liberty, he would've been moved to WR as well. Glad that nonsense is over

Edited by CAReeves2010
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I am not usually a point a finger at the refs type of guy, but there were a couple of calls that were definitely favored to UCF. I can’t believe on that interception in the end zone , they seriously were trying to make an argument as to whether the guy caught a TD.

Saw that too & thought the same -- serious Home Cooking.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Announcers:

Ref:

THERE IS NO TARGETING!

I wanted to tell them to shut up so bad. Wasn't even close to being targeting. 

• Like 1

TWills D…wait I was told he is only DC in “title” only…nevertheless whoever the DC is performance last night was putrid. Missed tackles, whiffs, not physical, just terrible, and Gus well he was exactly who we thought he was.

• Sad 1