*Official Auburn vs. San Jose State Game Thread*

abw0004

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Some of you guys so worried about CBH, It is okay to still support the players lol.

Yep. I was tired of Gus years ago but still wanted him to win and the players to succeed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Look at him gain a little confidence. Just give the dude a chance

Once he settled down and gained some confidence, he did much better!!!   Also, coaches have got to call plays to put him in good situations to be successful.   

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

TJ looks good when he has time to throw. My concern moving forward is whether he’ll be afforded as much against SEC competition. 

Yeah I agree. I'm pleased how he handled himself on those 4 th down plays though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Number zero has been getting killed over the middle.

I'm surprised and disappointed for him. I've been rooting for him hard. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this performance is indicative of the season as a whole or not.  However, in addition to our BOT being the most dysfunctional board in the country outside of the oil tycoons in Austin, Texas, and our fanbase wanting coaching/personnel changes on a series-by-series basis, the pie-in-the-sky dreams of coaching royalty coming to Auburn will not happen.  

I'm slightly pessimistic to neutral on CBH, but if he isn't given the three year minimum usually given as the window for a coach to prove himself, Auburn's reputation for instability will damage potential coaching/recruiting efforts for a decade, moreso than enduring a 2022 and 2023 of 6-6 to 8-4 performances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

There is a recurring Harsin problem.....team comes out looking unprepared and lost for the first half of the game.  Just unacceptable.

Can we hire Gus to coach the first half and have Harsin to coach the second? 

• Haha 2