*Official Auburn vs. San Jose State Game Thread*

abw0004

1 hour ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

TJ def a rhythm/volume passer.

Has got to get the reps in otherwise he's going to be abysmal. Still don't understand putting Robby in to run glorified veer that everyone knows is coming. Maybe some big-brained building a tendency deal so it can be broken later but I dunno.

As I said, rhythm/volume passer.

Takes quite a bit of practice to help him get up to speed but when he does it works.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Maybe Harsin promised them both time or something.....It's just the timing he's done this is so weird

That’s a good guess. I could see it on 2 or 3 and short but to start new drives? Idk. It is weird. 

OL Missed the part of practice and OL nastiness where you're supposed to fall on a guy if he falls over like that. Was even taught to us Tight Ends. His guy ended up getting back up and getting the sack after he whiffed on trying to block Harmon again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I hope Finley has had the light come on. He’s throwing some pretty passes. 

He's stepping into throws better than he has the first 3 halves of the season.

Still looks a little "squatty" to me. I wish he'd throw from a taller position. But it's been more effective this half.

I'm by no means qualified to make this analysis. It's just what my eyes are telling me.

Would love for a QB guru to weigh in.

Just now, aucanucktiger said:

Not sure what's going on but Tank's been oddly tripping and just falling down on his own all night long.

He’s tripping over TJ’s Frankenstein foot!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aucanucktiger said:

Not sure what's going on but Tank's been oddly tripping and just falling down on his own all night long.

Pretty common while wearing Under Armor cleats. 

21 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Only gave up 13 pts. Just your typical bend but don't break AU is known for

Sjs is having their way with our secondary. They are a bad football team. Not what was expected from this defense. 
we have not created a turnover yet… this season. 
it is disappointing. I expected that from the O. Not the D. 

• Dislike 1

That 3rd down play is the one thing that drives me crazy about Finley. He got nervous immediately and tried to run around which he is incapable of doing, Either try to chuck it to someone or just go straight ahead and get what you can. Otherwise his passing has been nice in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

OL Missed the part of practice and OL nastiness where you're supposed to fall on a guy if he falls over like that. Was even taught to us Tight Ends. His guy ended up getting back up and getting the sack after he whiffed on trying to block Harmon again.

Yep. That whole side should've been wide open for a run

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Sjs is having their way with our secondary. They are a bad football team. Not what was expected from this defense. 
we have not created a turnover yet… this season. 
it is disappointing. I expected that from the O. Not the D. 

SJSU has a lot of portal players that are good. Their receivers are pretty good. 

Just now, autig90 said:

That 3rd down play is the one thing that drives me crazy about Finley. He got nervous immediately and tried to run around which he is incapable of doing, Either try to chuck it to someone or just go straight ahead and get what you can. Otherwise his passing has been nice in the 2nd half.

He saw the d line getting thru and he did run around that guy. The o line didn't stay on his block and another guy got back up.

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

SJSU has a lot of portal players that are good. Their receivers are pretty good. 

Bro, come on. They beat Portland St. by 4.

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m confident that if we win, Harsin will be filmed slowly skulking into the cheers of the team in celebration….making sure that all the camera angles are good.

The team will be handed water bottles to shower him with as he enters the locker room to celebrate such a victorious victory. 

• Facepalm 1