Scott Frost Fired

AUStew87

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Like I said Bo had no *kindler, gentler* in him.  He got results up until he was fired from Nebraska.  The coaching landscape changed and he didn’t recognize or adapt to the change.  He was a tough coach and couldn’t handle the political aspects of being a modern college coach.

Big time college football head coaches are Salesmen and people managers more than they are actual X and O football coaches IMO. 

I think Harsin has been learning this lesson himself the hard way this past year and a half at Auburn. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Big time college football head coaches are Salesmen and people managers more than they are actual X and O football coaches IMO. 

I think Harsin has been learning this lesson himself the hard way this past year and a half at Auburn. 

The X’s and O’s are what got the coach to the big time, he can’t abandon it especially when he is trying to establish his legacy.  Success breeds success.  That is what we are waiting for with Harsin.  I hope he is on the right track, we will see.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Like I said Bo had no *kindler, gentler* in him.  He got results up until he was fired from Nebraska.  The coaching landscape changed and he didn’t recognize or adapt to the change.  He was a tough coach and couldn’t handle the political aspects of being a modern college coach.

Wasn't he the one that brought his cat to practice one day? Perhaps he was trying to acquire that gentler side and wasn't given enough time. 😊 See the source image

I bet some folks at Nebraska are wishing they still had that ole hard ass Pelini and his average 9 win seasons right about now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/12/2022 at 3:48 PM, JerryAU said:

I bet some folks at Nebraska are wishing they still had that ole hard ass Pelini and his average 9 win seasons right about now. 

That hits a wee bit too close to home, sorry.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

Nebraska football is perilously close to becoming the equivalent of DePaul or UNLV basketball...formerly great, but that greatness is getting to be further and further in the rear view mirror. Anybody who remembers when DePaul was a basketball power is at least 50, maybe older.

Nebraska may already be there, actually. A path back to national relevance is going to be very thorny.

Getting boat-raced by Oklahoma at home today...woof. Sooners treating them like they used to treat the old Big 8 cupcakes  back in the 70s and 80s.

• Like 1

Remember when Frank Solich took over Nebraska when Tom Osborne retired? Nebraska had went 60-5 the last 5 years Osborne was coach. Most of that was thanks to Tommy Frazier at QB. They won 2 or 3 Natty's in Osborne's final 5 seasons too. Then Frank Solich takes over as HC and if I remember correctly, he had an 11 win season and a 12-1 season but didn't win a National Title. Nebraska fired Solich after a few years and his worst season was like a 9-4 year. It would have to suck replacing a legend like Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes or when Saban retires. No matter what you do, it won't be enough.

I guarantee you that Nebraska would love some Frank Solich and Bo Pelini years about now.