When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

If we could get some proven established HC, do it, but since I don't think we do, I'm admittedly frustrated that my realistic pick is completely off the radar. At least, I'd like to think that's someone we could get...right?

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

Meanwhile folks were up in arms about some dang “POSSIBLE” orange jerseys while program is in shambles SMH

Welcome to 2022! 😆

Now with todays results let’s throw everything back on the table. Would the players that left make a difference or same results . Not from how they are doing at their respective school but on how they factor into Auburns scheme 

Edited by e808

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

If we could get some proven established HC, do it, but since I don't think we do, I'm admittedly frustrated that my realistic pick is completely off the radar. At least, I'd like to think that's someone we could get...right?

You don’t have to have an established head coach. It would be nice. But there are coordinators out there who would be relatively safer bets than Harsin was. 

Jeff Grimes, to me, is who you look at first. I know I keep beating a dead horse with this, but there is a huge opportunity there and it’s super realistic.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I agree about Urban. I don’t have any interest in him.

I’ve tried to type out my thoughts on Gruden, but they aren’t so simple that I feel like I could adequately express them here, but I also don’t like how he talks about other people. 

Yeah, that one’s a little too complex to properly discuss on this message board, with the current mood. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shabby said:

easily. he has kept his nose clean and his program clean for the last several years. bring on the freeze

Didn’t Freeze just screw up a lawsuit Liberty was in between a woman and a Liberty employee?  Freeze sent her random text messages defending the Liberty guy and harassed her to the point she went public?  

Hugh is a loose cannon and would have to be monitored 24/7 for his cellphone usage.

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

10 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I agree about Urban. I don’t have any interest in him.

I’ve tried to type out my thoughts on Gruden, but they aren’t so simple that I feel like I could adequately express them here, but I also don’t like how he talks about other people. 

My thoughts on both are about the same...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

They literally regressed. Some of the worse, undisciplined football ever. Maybe they respond next week but I’ve seen enough. We need a shark on the sideline with respect and experience. 

On point. 

• Like 1

So if he is fired mid-season, I wonder what other coaches might leave or be booted as well, and who would be named the interim HC.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Jon Gruden literally had homophobic and racial comments in emails. He is canceled. 

100%

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You don’t have to have an established head coach. It would be nice. But there are coordinators out there who would be relatively safer bets than Harsin was. 

Jeff Grimes, to me, is who you look at first. I know I keep beating a dead horse with this, but there is a huge opportunity there and it’s super realistic.

I would LOVE Jeff Grimes but I don't think he would come. I just hope we could get (and would take a look at) Dell.

Edited by AUwent

Just now, Didba said:

100%

Can you imagine the negative recruiting.

”hey, you know what He said Demaurice, right?” “Think about what he truly thinks about you.” 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Now with todays results let’s throw everything back on the table. Would the players that left made a difference or same results 

Same results I think. Bo was never great. May have gotten another 1-1/12 TDs. He was our biggest loss. Hudson hasn’t shown up at UCF. Admittedly I don’t know about any others. Gus left the Cupboard bare. I think our biggest issue is the O-line and that is still a Gus product. Harsin didn’t fix it. Not making excuses for him. Just don’t think the issue (currently) is a byproduct of “talent” leaving. I think it comes down to poor coaching, poor portal recruiting, and a lack of effort. We looked a step slower on all fronts. Which pains me to say about our D.

• Like 1

Just now, psyfro said:

Sean Payton. Back up the Brinks truck and hold on.

Yes Sir!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HarsinVOL said:

Good point. Bryan was a failure at Boise State b/c of his inability to recruit. Noted that Auburn recruited this clown lol

The former AD hired Harsin. If it wasn't for him, Auburn would have never even talked to Harsin, let alone hired him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I would LOVE Jeff Grimes but I don't think he would come. I just hope we could get (and would take a look at) Dell.

Jeff Grimes would be crazy not to come. It’s an SEC coaching gig at a top 20 all time school. Not to mention the football only facility would be his to break in. I’d change my mind about him if he turned down an opportunity like that.

1 minute ago, Auburnfan91 said:

The former AD hired Harsin. If it wasn't for him, Auburn would have never even talked to Harsin, let alone hired him.

Well supposedly the general was also in the group who interviewed Harsin so that’s not true at all.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jeff Grimes would be crazy not to come. It’s an SEC coaching gig at a top 20 all time school. Not to mention the football only facility would be his to break in. I’d change my mind about him if he turned down an opportunity like that.

Fingers crossed that you're right. If not I do wish people would be open to McG (though I would prefer Grimes!). 

Edited by AUwent