When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

We HAVE to get a permanent AD in place first. If the PTB truly wants McGlynn, I don't like it--McKenna, Riggins or Campbell please--but it would still be preferable to making a search with an interim AD.

I agree as much as it hurts to wait.

This time Auburn needs to 1st hire it’s new Full-time AD then 2nd hire the Coach that both the President and AD are going to be supporting. We can no longer keep “splitting” decisions and support. It must be solid agreement of the new current AU President, the new “Yet To Be Hired AD” along with blessings of Auburn Boosters who foot the bill when things like this occur. JMO

So serious question. When does his buyout reduce and what do we think it takes to get him fired this year? Also are we done paying Chiz and how far are we off from paying off Gus?

5 minutes ago, StuckMic91 said:

I’m not saying the guy was a saint or he didn’t do anything to push things along. However, you bring a man’s family into it and you have a disdain for him before he ever steps off the plane? At some point we have to look in the mirror and go “how can we fix ourselves.” He could’ve played ball better but the only top tier coach I can think of that hasn’t gotten on the bad side of the proverbial “PTB” at their respective school is Dabo. I 100% agree with the Boise lackeys but did we really think Bobo was his choice and a good one? Personal belief is that it was a lack of both sides willing to play ball and that’s probably what made us lose out on better coaches. I think we can right the ship so to speak but it’s going to take a huge group effort from the PTB to get a guy they like, who is good, and let him run the program. Harsin, I think we both agree, is done for.

Problem with the Bobo thing is the only reason Bobo and Mason were ever a thing is because the guy was completely out of his element from day 1. You think Cristobal or Napier or Grimes would have had to hire Bobo? Nope. Bobo was hired because Harsin didn’t no the SEC from a hole in the ground. Still doesn’t. 

I kind of liked Harsin after he first got here, but I said from day 1, him coming from Boise is going to be a huge issue for recruiting. I don’t have any issues with him personally. The guy is jacked and I respect how calm of a person he is, but myself and a few other guys on here voiced our concerns about the glaring issues and we were all called negative and Gus cultists. But I’m glad people are starting to figure it out. 

• Like 1

Just now, au701948 said:

I agree as much as it hurts to wait.

This time Auburn needs to 1st hire it’s new Full-time AD then 2nd hire the Coach that both the President and AD are going to be supporting. We can no longer keep “splitting” decisions and support. It must be solid agreement of the new current AU President, the new “Yet To Be Hired AD” along with blessings of Auburn Boosters who foot the bill when things like this occur. JMO

The AD is hired haha when are y’all going to get that . This dude will be the AD. Watch and see.

39 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Don’t overreact. The portal can make turnarounds instant with the right guy.

Ok. Keep telling yourself that. Whatever medicates you the best. We are years behind the top of the SEC top teams now. The portal will not fix anything without the coaching and what decent coach wants to put up with the drama that comes with the job? 

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

Ok. Keep telling yourself that. Whatever medicates you the best. We are years behind the top of the SEC top teams now. The portal will not fix anything without the coaching and what decent coach wants to put up with the drama that comes with the job? 

One that is greatly paid. Auburn cannot be cheap.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Why is everyone so sold on Deion? Explain it. Maybe his name brings in recruits, but what makes anybody think he can coach? I have nothing against him, but I just don’t think he is a coach that would work in a big conference. But maybe everybody but me is a believer. At this point, I can concede that almost anyone would be better than our current staff. AU is great at hiring the wrong people and spending the money to get rid of them. Nobody does that better. 

College coaches are not coaches, they are recruiters.  Give us the best recruiter, I don’t care if he can’t coach 8th grade P.E.  If you have the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s you win the most.  
Unless you’re Jimbo. 
Give us Deion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AUDynasty said:

I hope not, but this is a sinking feeling telling me it’ll be true. @WarDamnEagleWDEand @autiger88 said the same thing.

Of course it is . This silly approach about a national search . They had all the time in the world to find a guy. That’s just to save face. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Yet you still respond to them, without even understanding the basic meaning. 

Right I should stop doing that . So here will be the last 

UrbanMeyer 

Dave Aranda 

Hugh Freeze. 

in that order 

reality: Will Muschamp

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Somewhat disagree. 

Next week is huge. Mizzou or us are the 13th worst team int he SEC. It's a must win.

If we lose at home to Mizzou, I think we lose to LSU. Then we 100% lose to UGA, then we probably lose to Ole Miss.

Now it is a Bye week. If we are 2-5 he's done 

He’s already done for the mere fact that we will not be any better in 3 weeks than we are today. Sad but true.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Of course it is . This silly approach about a national search . They had all the time in the world to find a guy. That’s just to save face. 

It would look way better to just take off the interim.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Right I should stop doing that . So here will be the last 

Somehow I doubt it, DAG. 

You'll eventually get over that some saw the obvious signs about Harsin before you did. 

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Agreed. No excuse. I think some of us got swayed by how positive the current players were about Harsin, myself included. We look just plain awful. We’re skinny on key positions and we lack a strategic offensive gameplan. We don’t know what we’re doing right now 😂