When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

Just now, AUwent said:

It would look way better to just take off the interim.

Well I think they have to at least make it look like they are trying but I never felt they are truly going to search nationally.

33 minutes ago, cbo said:

The new guy should definitely bring in who we wants. But I'd be fine if he assessed Caddy and Etheridge and decided to keep them. 

Hilliard too

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Problem with the Bobo thing is the only reason Bobo and Mason were ever a thing is because the guy was completely out of his element from day 1. You think Cristobal or Napier or Grimes would have had to hire Bobo? Nope. Bobo was hired because Harsin didn’t no the SEC from a hole in the ground. Still doesn’t. 

I kind of liked Harsin after he first got here, but I said from day 1, him coming from Boise is going to be a huge issue for recruiting. I don’t have any issues with him personally. The guy is jacked and I respect how calm of a person he is, but myself and a few other guys on here voiced our concerns about the glaring issues and we were all called negative and Gus cultists. But I’m glad people are starting to figure it out. 

To be fair did Urban know the SEC before he got here? Did Saban before he got to LSU? A good coach is a good coach. I think, personally, Auburn is just a different animal behind the scenes. Gus needed to go. 2015 showed that. Unfortunately for him the game changed and he couldn’t adapt. I think Harsin all things being said is a fine coach. Just not a fit for AU and he will find his feet in the P5. Probably at a UCLA or something winning 8-10 games a year. You have to be a good coach and politician to make it work at AU or an outstanding recruiter and politician. 

Side note. Harsin being insanely jacked got me back in the gym. Dude looks like he could step on the field today. Motivated me as an “old” guy. Got me back to lifting and eating right. So at least I can thank him for that!

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Remember before the season when some of the people on here were saying give Harsin time? You guys still want to give him another year? You think he’s the guy to right the ship?

I was one. And no, I don’t. And no, he’s not. It’s not really his fault, either. He just isn’t prepared for this level of responsibility.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

Somehow I doubt it, DAG. 

You'll eventually get over that some saw the obvious signs about Harsin before you did. 

What the hell does CBH has to do with anything you posted about morality? I don’t care about CBH. I don’t care if you want to be right about being right about CBH. You were right. You want a cookie?

I want the best damn coach on the sidelines for the best damn fans in the nation. That’s all I care about .

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ol Champ...just like an old dog... keeps returning to the place he was once fed

I was surprised as hell when I saw him at UGA sideline coaching his head off. He just doesn’t go away. 

Just now, autiger88 said:

@DAG who was arguing with you earlier about the comparison between Harsin and Brian Kelly? LSU won 31-16 against Mississippi State lol

I don’t even know some random guy. You got to be brain dead to support CBH at this point. Like Gus, it is nothing personal but they just don’t deserve to be on the sideline of the plains. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, DAG said:

I don’t even know some random guy. You got to be brain dead to support CBH at this point. Like Gus, it is nothing personal but they just don’t deserve to be on the sideline of the plains. 

Yep same feeling 😂

11 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Ok. Keep telling yourself that. Whatever medicates you the best. We are years behind the top of the SEC top teams now. The portal will not fix anything without the coaching and what decent coach wants to put up with the drama that comes with the job? 

A coach that likes lots of money.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Show me where Deion hurt you at? 🤣 

I don't wanna see the tomahawk chop.  I've become accustomed to it as a Braves fan, but we gotta draw the line.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yea they don’t seem to be on tonight. Clown a** mother truckers

We in here, my man, mind the language though.

He deserves to be fired today, but it won't happen because we have literally NO ONE on staff qualified to be an interim. For this reason, I suspect he will be fired at the end of the season, even though I am pretty sure the PTB have already fired him "privately." 

Since it's pretty certain Harsin is gone this season, the question then becomes who do they pursue?  I see no viable options out there.  AU's name is mud in coaching circles and already had a bad reputation before the latest PTB "scandal." But that whole incident made coaches across America hate AU even more (and some of them have voiced this publicly).  So, AU will end up with another no name random coach.

We are going to be Tennessee for the next 5-10 years.   Dark times are ahead.  I think we're the WORST program in the west right now.  I don't mean just the worst team this season, I mean the worst PROGRAM.  If you take the whole SEC into account, we are about the 11th best program out of 14.  Only Vandy, Mizzou and maybe USCe are on a worse trajectory.  Even Kentucky is far ahead of us in every way (Stoops has done a great job).

Just rewinding things back I just really believed the Covid season was a knee jerk reaction. I think the coaching pool was better the following year and it seems Auburn put themselves in no man’s land with selecting a coach.

When was the last time Auburn had back to back losing seasons. What really makes this strange the prior coach never had one

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Thank you!!! That part of the story gets left out most of the time. Harsin is no one's victim here. He just played that card to save face.

Eh I’m sorry man. Whether it was the PTB or someone else you brought the man’s family into it. To be clear. He needs to go. However, I can’t sympathize with politics. Especially if the “rumors” aren’t true and you attack a man’s family. If it was true it’s fair game but they dug into his phone records and email and found nothing. As a HUGE family man I sympathize with him. If someone tried to get me fired over false allegations over an affair or similar id be on the warpath.

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

Somehow I doubt it, DAG. 

You'll eventually get over that some saw the obvious signs about Harsin before you did. 

I saw them but was too enamored with the scheme he claimed to be running

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AcUmen said:

Since it's pretty certain Harsin is gone this season, the question then becomes who do they pursue?  I see no viable options out there. 

Right now, we just need someone to come in and recruit. Those guys are out there. We're in for some tough years just by how poorly Gus and Harsin recruited to need...but what we cannot do is make the mistake we made with Gus and just let this thing dangle until we've lost out not just on the 23 class but 24 as well. 

17 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Gruden? 

I have $5 to put towards his salary

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

What the hell does CBH has to do with anything you posted about morality? I don’t care about CBH. I don’t care if you want to be right about being right about CBH. You were right. You want a cookie?

I want the best damn coach on the sidelines for the best damn fans in the nation. That’s all I care about .

I literally said I don't care about morality either. Then I told you once you read me wrong. Yet here we are. 

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

I saw them but was too enamored with the scheme he claimed to be running

You enamored with the idea of him being successful meaning auburn is successful. And guess what? Like a man you said you were wrong and like a true auburn fan you want what’s best for Auburn. I wanted CBH to be successful as well but he ain’t the one. So let’s go for the very best now. That’s why I got you on the Hugh Freeze train now ;) 

Edited by DAG
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Problem with the Bobo thing is the only reason Bobo and Mason were ever a thing is because the guy was completely out of his element from day 1. You think Cristobal or Napier or Grimes would have had to hire Bobo? Nope. Bobo was hired because Harsin didn’t no the SEC from a hole in the ground. Still doesn’t. 

I kind of liked Harsin after he first got here, but I said from day 1, him coming from Boise is going to be a huge issue for recruiting. I don’t have any issues with him personally. The guy is jacked and I respect how calm of a person he is, but myself and a few other guys on here voiced our concerns about the glaring issues and we were all called negative and Gus cultists. But I’m glad people are starting to figure it out. 

One Tigerbelle got ugly roasted for saying that Harsin would have significant problems with the SEC, the Southern football culture, and what it takes to win in this conference. I never liked the hire at all, and I can't wait to move on from this disaster.

None of Harsin's obvious deficits have ever had anything at all to do with Gus.  Or Bo Nix either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1