When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

20 minutes ago, psyfro said:

Sean Payton. Back up the Brinks truck and hold on.

He’ll be coaching Dallas 💙🤠 when McCarthy is inevitably fired. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Money talks. That’s the big thing

This money brings you to a place that will kill your coaching career  when this money talks its saying I will end you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Has Jeff Grimes been a head coach anywhere ?

I don’t think so and that was my point. At this point it’s about recruiting. We need an average QB and average O-line and an average staff. I’ll take anyone who can get that in. Texas and Oklahoma are coming soon and we need a stable base or we are screwed. I’d take consistent Mark Richt seasons at this point just to get us going. Hence why I have finally given in to the “just bring in Neon Deion” crowd. At this point I’d ALMOST cave to Art Briles (I wouldn’t because you have to be a terrible person). Urban Myer isn’t off my list though….The long and short of it is Harsin is tainted goods and needs to go. Recruiting will suffer unless the PTB make a move. How it all pans out I have no clue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Boise State wasn’t an overachieving school they were the best in the conference. When Peterson left that program they were loaded and CBH did a great job of maintaining that.   This job wasn’t the right situation for him.

They overachieved when playing P5 schools, thats the point and what got everyones attention when Peterson was there. I know Harsin's resume looked good, I was completely behind him from day 1 but he's not the right fit. Sad as it is him and his assistants are not capable of even being respectable in this conference, forget about winning. Just getting to respectable is beyond their reach 

4 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

It is amusing to see so many "Auburn Fans" posting that Harsin should be fired. My guess is that these are fans and not Auburn Alumni.  Alumni would look to the Auburn Creed to see if any and all situations Auburn pass the muster of what the Auburn Creed stands for - Practical, common sense approach to life's issues, hard work and above all fairness.  All this talk of ditching Harsin is falling right into the hands of the Board of Trustees members and boosters who are more interested in their power than what is good for Auburn Football. 

Talk about how Harsin and the assistant coaches he hired fit into some basket of incapable coaches is missing the actual cause of this loss and it is as plain as the nose on your face.  The answer is that Gus is the gift that keeps on giving.  Harsin has had only one full recruiting year and the partial one when he was hired.  No coach should be held responsible for acquiring enough talent in this short time to build a competitive team.  It is just not possible given scholarship limitations. Yep, this is a problem that Gus bestowed upon us.

I saw a post that posed the question, 'When we fire Harsin, who are we going to get to replace him?'  Well who you are you going to get?  Keep up your let's fire Harsin noise and let's set the Auburn Football program back another 6 or 7 years.  And while you are at it,  play into the hands of those who crave power at the expense of Auburn Football,

Welp found the 1% @DAG

Edited by autiger88
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Chrysalis99 said:

General or not AG was the AD and he definitely had everyones attention. Marginalizing his influence doesn't make sense considering the factors involved. 

I am not marginalizing crap. The insiders literally came in here and said there was a panel involved in his hiring. In fact some of them literally said AG just sat there doing the interview process. People literally claimed he wasn't showing up for work and they bought in the general in house 100 percent to oversee operations. Now all of a sudden he has this huge sphere of influence.

I am just tired of you guys changing narratives. Pick a narrative and freaking stick with it. This is not an AG problem. This is not even a CBH problem. This is an Auburn PROBLEM. Before AG, it was the previous ADs fault. Now we got a new guy, who supposedly sucks too. Stop pointing fingers at everyone else. Auburn needs to point their fingers at Auburn.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

It is amusing to see so many "Auburn Fans" posting that Harsin should be fired. My guess is that these are fans and not Auburn Alumni.  Alumni would look to the Auburn Creed to see if any and all situations Auburn pass the muster of what the Auburn Creed stands for - Practical, common sense approach to life's issues, hard work and above all fairness.  All this talk of ditching Harsin is falling right into the hands of the Board of Trustees members and boosters who are more interested in their power than what is good for Auburn Football. 

Talk about how Harsin and the assistant coaches he hired fit into some basket of incapable coaches is missing the actual cause of this loss and it is as plain as the nose on your face.  The answer is that Gus is the gift that keeps on giving.  Harsin has had only one full recruiting year and the partial one when he was hired.  No coach should be held responsible for acquiring enough talent in this short time to build a competitive team.  It is just not possible given scholarship limitations. Yep, this is a problem that Gus bestowed upon us.

I saw a post that posed the question, 'When we fire Harsin, who are we going to get to replace him?'  Well who you are you going to get?  Keep up your let's fire Harsin noise and let's set the Auburn Football program back another 6 or 7 years.  And while you are at it,  play into the hands of those who crave power at the expense of Auburn Football,

GTFOOH with that BS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis99 said:

General or not AG was the AD and he definitely had everyones attention. Marginalizing his influence doesn't make sense considering the factors involved. 

He was Greene’s hire as Greene himself discussed several times. He said he really liked conversations he had with him at a swimming pool, at a conference with AD’s and coaches. He said, that conversation in the pool is one of the reasons he hired him.

HRco7vq7_x96.jpg

#Auburn athletics director Allen Greene said he first met Bryan Harsin five years ago. Their first conversation occurred in a pool. "Don't ask why," he jokes.
Edited by AU-24

Peterson was a helluva coach and built that program. I like Harsin's attitude, but right now the product he's putting product on the field that would struggle to take 2 out of 3 from Vanderbilt. They have no offensive identity, can't protect the QB and can't pressure the opponent's QB. Lots of long days ahead. 

Edited by johnnyAU
typo

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

Boise State wasn’t an overachieving school they were the best in the conference. When Peterson left that program they were loaded and CBH did a great job of maintaining that.   This job wasn’t the right situation for him.

Boise State is one of those schools big teams hate to play. If they played them every year they would beat them 10 out 10 times. But just getting to see them once in 50 years gives them a chance. They can come in and throw the bomb all day against a big team because there is nothing to lose and everything to gain. If that get crushed by 90 points no one says squat, but if they just hit on a few miracles and catch the big dog sleeping then everyone counts them as dragon killers . That is really why we need to quit playing crappy teams. 🤔 

4 minutes ago, O&B said:

GTFOOH with that BS

There’s always the No True Aubie Fans guy to come pump up whichever coach is running the bus into the river.

I’m an alumni. I respect the creed. I don’t see this coach knowing how to fix literally any of the problems we have. There.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

So keep blaming Gus for all the issues is getting a little tiring. Even though he never had a losing season, experienced a long losing streak, was responsible for the biggest comeback in an Auburn home game and worse lost since 2001. Yep it’s his fault. U honestly don’t see the issues. Was Gus switching quarterbacks out today killing momentum on drives or responsible for poor schemes 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I agree but that was the sentiment that lead to the "thinking outside the box" hiring of Harsin.

Not hiring a retread doesn’t directly mean hire random group of 5 coach from the other side of the country who’s a largely unlikable hardass who inherited THE Cinderella story of the 2000s 

Theres a TON more options out there than Bryan Harsin’s 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

So keep blaming Gus for all the issues is getting a little tiring. Even though he never had a losing season, experienced a long losing streak, was responsible for the biggest comeback in an Auburn home game and worse lost since 2001. Yep it’s his fault. U honestly don’t see the issues. Was Gus switching quarterbacks out today killing momentum on drives or responsible for poor schemes 

No, but Gus certainly did that very thing vs Clemson, and other times during is tenure. 

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Even during the Covid season 6-3 against all SEC teams, could’ve been worse at least. I mean 6-3, then throw in the three gimme games and we’re 9-3? It has definitely gone downhill since Harsin was hired.

Come on now. North Carolina would not have been a "gimme". AU was 6-4, and had the officials made the right call against Arkansas, AU would've been 5-5. Not mentioning the Ole Miss fumble because that could've went either way. 

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Boise State is one of those schools big teams hate to play. If they played them every year they would beat them 10 out 10 times. But just getting to see them once in 50 years gives them a chance. They can come in and throw the bomb all day against a big team because there is nothing to lose and everything to gain. If that get crushed by 90 points no one says squat, but if they just hit on a few miracles and catch the big dog sleeping then everyone counts them as dragon killers . That is really why we need to quit playing crappy teams. 🤔 

Absolutely, on the money. Those teams normally don’t have guys leaving early and play together all 4 years. I wouldn’t call it exactly overachieving but in a one off Boise State had a chance to beat u. Like u stated if it was yearly the story would be different 

• Like 1

I have been reading through this thread and have stated that I am all in on Deion. I have read some of us that are not sold because of experience and other things. I agree with some of you that say it’s about the recruiting.

I want to expand on what I think makes Deion a great choice. We, Auburn, need a culture change!!! That is what Deion can do. Auburn, and even some of us on this board, have been stagnant for a while now and have just accepted mediocrity. We need life breathed into the program and something exciting to look forward to!

This is what Deion can do. Not only being a great recruiter, he can bring in a great staff. You know they say you want to bring in great people to make you look better. That’s what he can do. Change culture and bring excitement to our incredible university, we definitely deserve it at this point!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fredst said:

Neither. I’ve had to live through this debacle while on call this weekend. I hope yours were GITM….

Brother….I’m sorry.

I’m just over here keeping it classy. You know how I roll. 

6281C27A-44E6-4DFD-841B-06E48B493228.gif

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, JWShewmake said:

I don’t think there’s any sentiment I’ve seen from Auburn fans that is more reductive to a worthwhile football conversation than “the creed”. “Auburn man” is bad but it’s not even in the same world 

Harsin’s product did a real good job of demonstrating work, hard work, when the defense took off for a whole quarter against Penn State’s backups. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

No, but Gus certainly did that very thing vs Clemson, and other times during is tenure. 

Yes he did but he was blaming Gus for todays  loss in which the team wasn’t great on either side of the ball. Even with the terrible offense the defense would stand tall. Today they couldn’t even stop the backups

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

The former AD hired Harsin. If it wasn't for him, Auburn would have never even talked to Harsin, let alone hired him.

We would’ve talked to Kevin Steele and been a 6 win team with Mike Bobo and and Bo Nix. Let me know when you heard the latter part of that before 

1 minute ago, JWShewmake said:

Harsin has touted discipline and culture change since he got here, and discipline is not what I saw on that field from our Auburn men today. We looked out of position a ton, and we took cheap shots. I ain’t got time for that, and I won’t spend Saturdays watching that crap. I supported Bo Nix all the way up until I saw him chewing the refs’ ears and ESPECIALLY his teammates ears. When I saw him do that stuff, I lost all respect. Now I see our team acting foolish on the field the way they were today? Nope. I can’t support that nonsense. I’ll take a pass on that mess. Auburn Creed means nothing when our guys are getting personal fouls and getting chippy. That’s a discipline issue, which makes it a coaching issue. 

• Like 4