When does Harsin get fired?

AUinMS9528

Just now, AUwent said:

Fingers crossed that you're right.

I’m probably wrong as f but I’m trying to rationalize it into reality for my own sanity.

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

To be honest, from day one of him being hired I had a feeling this would happen. And after last season? It is going to be an ugly year.

This ship has been slowly sinking long before this Coaching Staff ever arrived. The Welcome Wagon to the middle to back of the SEC West visited 4/5 years ago. The Ugly UGA losses, Tennessee recently at home, horrible road record, Bowl Losses. Auburn has NEVER matched up well with Big 10 Teams. What's the record over the years vs Wisconsin, Penn State, Minnesota, Northwestern and other large programs as well, USC, Clemson, Florida St and UCF.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Fingers crossed that you're right. If not I do wish people would be open to McG (though I would prefer Grimes!). 

Assuming McG is Dell McGee I’m so beat at this point I’ll try anything. Would rather a guy with experience as an HC, but screw it. Give me Grimes, McGee, who ever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

This ship has been slowly sinking long before this Coaching Staff ever arrived. The Welcome Wagon to the middle to back of the SEC West visited 4/5 years ago. The Ugly UGA losses, Tennessee recently at home, horrible road record, Bowl Losses. Auburn has NEVER matched up well with Big 10 Teams. What's the record over the years vs Wisconsin, Penn State, Minnesota, Northwestern and other large programs as well, USC, Clemson, Florida St and UCF.

And all those losses came while not doing what your user name says. Heck, we didn’t even do it today! Lol. 

1 minute ago, StuckMic91 said:

Assuming McG is Dell McGee I’m so beat at this point I’ll try anything. Would rather a guy with experience as an HC, but screw it. Give me Grimes, McGee, who ever.

Has Jeff Grimes been a head coach anywhere ?

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well supposedly the general was also in the group who interviewed Harsin so that’s not true at all.

Everyone was on board with Harsin’s hiring as Auburn’s 27th head coach in program history. As Auburn President Jay Gogue said, “We aimed high, and we hit high.” But the prior relationship — mostly importantly, that first impressions — between Harsin and Greene that helped Harsin secure an early spot on Auburn’s head coach leaderboard.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Allen-Greene-Auburn-Bryan-Harsin-new-head-coach-press-conference-full-circle--157880360/

Allen Greene is the one who expressed interest in Harsin and the reason he was even a candidate.

3 minutes ago, StuckMic91 said:

Simple, I think he fits the Pittman profile (yes Arky had a scare tonight against a team they shouldn't but he has done a masterful job there). I really think Dell would check many of the boxes we desperately need.

Edited by AUwent

16 minutes ago, keesler said:

Didn’t Freeze just screw up a lawsuit Liberty was in between a woman and a Liberty employee?  Freeze sent her random text messages defending the Liberty guy and harassed her to the point she went public?  

Hugh is a loose cannon and would have to be monitored 24/7 for his cellphone usage.

I was not aware. Gross

• Angry 1

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Can you imagine the negative recruiting.

”hey, you know what He said Demaurice, right?” “Think about what he truly thinks about you.” 

Besides, there's exactly 0 proof that Gruden would be good at coaching or recruiting at a college level at all.

People like him because hes won a superbowl forever ago, and was a personable tv guy, but he's never coached college, (presumably by choice), and he wasn't exactly lighting it up at the Raiders before he was fired.

His lifetime coaching record is a couple games above .500. Never seen the huge appeal some in college have for him.

• Like 1

I’m not reading 18 pages, so I’m just going to give my opinion. No idea if it’s a popular one or not. 
He should be let go tomorrow. His losing streak against power 5 opponents is now god awful, and the program is going the wrong way.

Just now, Auburnfan91 said:

Everyone was on board with Harsin’s hiring as Auburn’s 27th head coach in program history. As Auburn President Jay Gogue said, “We aimed high, and we hit high.” But the prior relationship — mostly importantly, that first impressions — between Harsin and Greene that helped Harsin secure an early spot on Auburn’s head coach leaderboard.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Allen-Greene-Auburn-Bryan-Harsin-new-head-coach-press-conference-full-circle--157880360/

Allen Greene is the one who expressed interest in Harsin and the reason he was even a candidate.

Right but he can’t solely bring the guy in? You do get that right ? There was a panel of people who are still Auburn strong , who unanimously agreed to bring him in including the general who you all seem to love. 

That said, prior head coaching experience isn't a absolute must.

Georgia hit the nail on the head with Kirby Smart. His first head coaching job and he's brought Georgia to the top and doesn't seem to be losing any momentum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

That said, prior head coaching experience isn't a absolute must.

Georgia hit the nail on the head with Kirby Smart. His first head coaching job and he's brought Georgia to the top and doesn't seem to be losing any momentum.

Kirby smart coached under the greatest coach of all time. That should’ve been a no brainer for 99 percent of schools including our beloved Auburn. It’s like if an assistant under Greg pop is available , it would be wise to grab them up. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Right but he can’t solely bring the guy in? You do get that right ? There was a panel of people who are still Auburn strong , who unanimously agreed to bring him in including the general who you all seem to love. 

Maybe not "solely" but definitely the most influential in the decision. I admit that Harsin had a good looking resume from an overachieving school but in the end he's a flop and so was Greene. 

Just now, Chrysalis99 said:

Maybe not "solely" but definitely the most influential in the decision. I admit that Harsin had a good looking resume from an overachieving school but in the end he's a flop and so was Greene. 

No he wasn’t lol. You guys kill me. Pick a story. First it was all AG, then it was was a panel led by the general. Now it was mostly AG. I wish y’all would stick to one story lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HarsinVOL said:

The options for Auburn are limited after the Harsin debacle.

Money talks. That’s the big thing

• Like 1

It is amusing to see so many "Auburn Fans" posting that Harsin should be fired. My guess is that these are fans and not Auburn Alumni.  Alumni would look to the Auburn Creed to see if any and all situations Auburn pass the muster of what the Auburn Creed stands for - Practical, common sense approach to life's issues, hard work and above all fairness.  All this talk of ditching Harsin is falling right into the hands of the Board of Trustees members and boosters who are more interested in their power than what is good for Auburn Football. 

Talk about how Harsin and the assistant coaches he hired fit into some basket of incapable coaches is missing the actual cause of this loss and it is as plain as the nose on your face.  The answer is that Gus is the gift that keeps on giving.  Harsin has had only one full recruiting year and the partial one when he was hired.  No coach should be held responsible for acquiring enough talent in this short time to build a competitive team.  It is just not possible given scholarship limitations. Yep, this is a problem that Gus bestowed upon us.

I saw a post that posed the question, 'When we fire Harsin, who are we going to get to replace him?'  Well who you are you going to get?  Keep up your let's fire Harsin noise and let's set the Auburn Football program back another 6 or 7 years.  And while you are at it,  play into the hands of those who crave power at the expense of Auburn Football,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 4

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis99 said:

Boise State wasn’t an overachieving school they were the best in the conference. When Peterson left that program they were loaded and CBH did a great job of maintaining that.   This job wasn’t the right situation for him.

14 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Just some thoughts:  I had hope the year before Covid when we beat the turds with a freshman quarterback, beat the eventual Pac-10 champs, beat Jimbo and Texas A&M. Even during the Covid season 6-3 against all SEC teams, could’ve been worse at least. I mean 6-3, then throw in the three gimme games and we’re 9-3? It has definitely gone downhill since Harsin was hired.

We drove up to Nashville for the music city bowl when we set a first half record for most points scored in the history of a bowl game versus the Big Ten’s Purdue. If you remember, that was the same year Purdue beat Ohio State.

Edited by AU-24

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well supposedly the general was also in the group who interviewed Harsin so that’s not true at all.

General or not AG was the AD and he definitely had everyones attention. Marginalizing his influence doesn't make sense considering the factors involved.