Who do you start next week at qb?

gr82b4au

15 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

That same coaching that lost five games in a row, including a bowl game loss to mighty Houston in Birmingham? Is that the coaching you speak of?

No. I’m doing what you’re doing. Cherry picking which game was won or lost by talent vs coaching. If you can do it, why can’t I?  

• Love 1

9 hours ago, AU-24 said:

YOU: Oh, oh, oh… I may be looking bad here so I will say: He’s twisting it to make himself look better. Then I will say, he’s not being honest, and maybe people will believe me.

ME: In the meantime, you still have no answer. Why? Because you will be proven wrong, and you just can’t stand that.

Man, it's all in the thread for anyone to read, you don't have to try so hard.  You have focused so hard on me that your argument and objectivity is gone. You, yet again, come across as sad and petty.  It's a recurring theme.  I hope you can work through some of that. Good luck 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Your comment: 

I commented that we haven't been able to since 2017, when the OL recruiting started to suffer.

My comment: In 2017 we average 4.8 yards per rush. In 2020 we averaged 4.8 yards per rush.

Is that sad and petty?  

No one is under any illusion that we have a strong O-line, and recruiting and development in that area suffered. my point: it’s a lot worse under Bryan Harsin than it was under Gus. With that said:

Of course, everyone notices you refuse to address the comment: Gus left Harsin enough talent to beat Ole Miss, LSU in Baton Rouge, Penn State in Happy Valley and the turds at home. 

Speaking of rushing the football, here’s a little tidbit from an Auburn publication on your boy Harsin: STULTZ: Harsin's reasoning doesn't add up on lack of Tank

Tank Bigsby touched the ball just 11 times in the game.

"I don't know all the reasons," Harsin said. "But yeah. We want to get Tank the ball."

Wait just a second. You don't know all the reasons? Listen, I know Eric Kiesau is calling the plays, but Harsin is and always has been heavily involved in the offense. And when you are facing a formidable team in the biggest non-conference home game in years, it seems you would have prepared to have your best offensive player, arguably Bigsby, be a significant factor in the game plan.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/stultz-harsin-s-reasoning-doesn-t-add-up-on-lack-of-tank-auburn-football

Sad the head Coach does not know the reasons? Harsin all Coach speak and flash but no results period!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Man, it's all in the thread for anyone to read, you don't have to try so hard.  You have focused so hard on me that your argument and objectivity is gone. You, yet again, come across as sad and petty.  It's a recurring theme.  I hope you can work through some of that. Good luck 

Still waiting, still no response from you on the questions asked. 

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

No. I’m doing what you’re doing. Cherry picking which game was won or lost by talent vs coaching. If you can do it, why can’t I?  

I’ll try one more time: the point you keep missing is, the Harsin apologist (of which there’s only about three or four left) are saying our team is so bad, because Gus didn’t leave him any talent, and Gus left him a disaster. Last year Gus left him enough talent to beat Ole Miss, LSU, Penn State and the turds. So the talent was there, the coaching was not. That is not cherry picking, that is fact. If you don’t get it, there’s no point in continuing the discussion.

Problem is, I don’t believe you understand the point, mean-while big bird understands it full well, he just won’t admit it. Proud of bird for finally coming off the AD Greene bandwagon, so sooner or later Harsin should be next. However, you and big birds despicable hatred for Gus will live on. So congratulations on winning the hate award!

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I’ll try one more time: the point you keep missing is, the Harsin apologist (of which there’s only about three or four left) are saying our team is so bad, because Gus didn’t leave him any talent, and Gus left him a disaster. Last year Gus left him enough talent to beat Ole Miss, LSU, Penn State and the turds. So the talent was there, the coaching was not. That is not cherry picking, that is fact. If you don’t get it, there’s no point in continuing the discussion.

Problem is, I don’t believe you understand the point, mean-while big bird understands it full well, he just won’t admit it. Proud of bird for finally coming off the AD Greene bandwagon, so sooner or later Harsin should be next. However, you and big birds despicable hatred for Gus will live on. So congratulations on winning the hate award!

Bless your heart 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I maybe wrong but I don’t think I am.   Did Auburn beat PSU and Bama last year?  I seem to recall that that was two games in lost column.   And you are so wrapped up in Gus that you and others can’t even say when Auburn is lucky in a win.   
I don’t know where it’s written that some can’t hope that the HC at Auburn shouldn’t be successful even if some don’t like the hire.   I don’t believe that Harsin will be around after this year so it really won’t matter what any of us say.   I would be willing to bet that the next hire you will have some on here and out in the world, that won’t like the hire and will be against it from day one.   

It’s clear what 24 is saying, and he’s right. This was never supposed to be a full rebuild. We won 6 games last year and should have won 8 or 9. We *could* have won 10 or 11. The only games we truly just had no shot in were UGA and TAMU. There was a clear talent gap in those two (obviously less so against TAMU). 

I’m absolutely not a Gus apologist. I was so glad we fired him, and still am glad we fired him. But he didn’t leave a completely bare cupboard. There were a lot of solid pieces. Many of which, Harsin ran off and never replaced.

We’re in a terrible state and it’s more to do with Harsin than it is Gustav. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I find it inexplicable that the guy good enough to beat Bama last season cannot even sniff the field during a blowout loss, and the coach saying its not injury-related.  Something smells fishy with the Calzada situation.  My Spidey senses are going off.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

I find it inexplicable that the guy good enough to beat Bama last season cannot even sniff the field during a blowout loss, and the coach saying its not injury-related.  Something smells fishy with the Calzada situation.  My Spidey senses are going off.

He re-injured himself hitting tennis balls at a team bonding event supposedly.

1 hour ago, Didba said:

WHAT?!?

as for who to start vs missou, i would pick ONE and they them play. i do not enjoy the 2 qb system.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

?

Retweeted a quote from CFB film room about how he was pressured 62% of his passes against Penn St.  4th most in last 5 years. It was him and Robby pressured that much was the OP tweet

Edited by NWALA Tiger

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Retweeted a quote from CFB film room about how he was pressured 62% of his passes against Penn St.  4th most in last 5 years. It was him and Robby pressured that much was the OP tweet

Saturday will be telling if we are coming apart from the inside

2 hours ago, Didba said:

I’ve heard this too. But I saw him warming up several times during the game Saturday. There’s zip on the ball and he at least looks fine. If Harsin would play a one legged Finley in the IB he should play a *maybe* tweaked Calzada. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fasttimes said:

WHAT?!?

as for who to start vs missou, i would pick ONE and they them play. i do not enjoy the 2 qb system.

"system"

I don't believe it for a second. Never did. It is and was a desperation move, imo. I also didn't really want to post that opinion, but the evolving clarity of the situation is liberating. Credit to coach though- seemed to know it was trouble before opening day and willing to try anything- with the old guy it really would've been a "system" and he'd forfeit games trying to prove it. Gus didn't have a kitchen sink. You would just lose games.

5 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

It almost reminds of the OC situation this past offseason. 

I think we might be in for a 2012 unless he is fired soonish rather then later.

Now I'm wondering if TJ is actually hurt or is this a punishment for tweeting that. 🤔

Edited by autiger88

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I think we might be in for a 2012 unless he is fired soonish rather then later.

Now I'm wondering if TJ is actually hurt or is this a punishment for tweeting that. 🤔

Naw he hurt. He took a pretty rough hit and in the second half his passes were off bad . He could have been hurt before then but aggravated. He went airborne on that big run that was canceled out by Council

Edited by e808