Who do you start next week at qb?

gr82b4au

Watching NFL today and Joe is getting killed because poor offensive line play. I am for letting Robby use his athleticism…I don’t know if Calazada can survive with this group in front of him. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

The fact that you think so is awesome!

Silly me forgetting those vaunted 2018-'20 rushing attacks. 

Again, using facts instead of opinion:

As I posted in another thread, Gus left Harsin with enough talent to beat Ole Miss when they were top 10 or near a top 10 team, beat LSU in Baton Rouge, beat Penn State in Happy Valley and beat the turds in Auburn. Harsinsquandered the losses away with poor coaching, and he continued to squander a ton of talent to the portal, that he never replenished.

So many people (prior to the Penn State disaster at home) were so quick to point out: oh, oh, oh if Bo didn’t get hurt, Harsin would have only lost like three games last year. Really? Well I thought Gus didn’t leave him the talent to do that?

8 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Again, using facts instead of opinion:

As I posted in another thread, Gus left Harsin with enough talent to beat Ole Miss when they were top 10 or near a top 10 team, beat LSU in Baton Rouge, beat Penn State in Happy Valley and beat the turds in Auburn. Harsinsquandered the losses away with poor coaching, and he continued to squander a ton of talent to the portal, that he never replenished.

So many people (prior to the Penn State disaster at home) were so quick to point out: oh, oh, oh if Bo didn’t get hurt, Harsin would have only lost like three games last year. Really? Well I thought Gus didn’t leave him the talent to do that?

Do you really believe that Oline is good or capable of beating the top teams in the league?   And if you are going by last year’s results, who was the coach coaching them? Because in 2020 it was terrible.   Has Harsin helped fix the problem? Absolutely not.   And that is what will get him fired.   But to even think that Gus was somehow the best auburn could do, is insane.   People will say that he won 3 games against Saban (that is a fact) but two of the wins was some of the most luckiest plays to ever happen in game.   2017 was really the only game that Auburn was the better team.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

using facts instead of opinion:

Again, you trying to defend the rushing attack the last 5 years is hilarious.  

The funniest part is you continuing to try and pivot the conversation back to CBH when it had nothing to do with him in the first place.

Let's recap...

Thurston said that Gus's team could consistently line up and run the ball.

I commented that we haven't been able to since 2017, when the OL recruiting started to suffer.

You, then take offense to me stating a verifiable fact and spend multiple post trying to twist my words into some sort of attack against Gus as if it had anything to do with the conversation. 

Fact is you're so hung up on trying to get the bulge on me that you end up looking sad and petty.  Good luck with that.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Do you really believe that Oline is good or capable of beating the top teams in the league?   And if you are going by last year’s results, who was the coach coaching them? Because in 2020 it was terrible.   Has Harsin helped fix the problem? Absolutely not.   And that is what will get him fired.   But to even think that Gus was somehow the best auburn could do, is insane.   People will say that he won 3 games against Saban (that is a fact) but two of the wins was some of the most luckiest plays to ever happen in game.   2017 was really the only game that Auburn was the better team.   

In a word, “no” I don’t think Gus especially after the rule change, was the best we can do. So back to the point, Bryan Harsin, is a far cry from Gus, so do the math.

So he was “lucky” to beat Saban two or three times. I get it now, thanks for explaining. Wondering why the entirety of the SEC West didn’t get lucky to beat him.

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

None (zero) last class. 

He signed EJ Harris last year.

It's not that it's worse, it's basically the same.  It's just finally all come to fruition. 

47 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Again, you trying to defend the rushing attack the last 5 years is hilarious.  

The funniest part is you continuing to try and pivot the conversation back to CBH when it had nothing to do with him in the first place.

Let's recap...

Thurston said that Gus's team could consistently line up and run the ball.

I commented that we haven't been able to since 2017, when the OL recruiting started to suffer.

You, then take offense to me stating a verifiable fact and spend multiple post trying to twist my words into some sort of attack against Gus as if it had anything to do with the conversation. 

Fact is you're so hung up on trying to get the bulge on me that you end up looking sad and petty.  Good luck with that.

Your comment: I commented that we haven't been able to since 2017, when the OL recruiting started to suffer.

My comment: In 2017 we average 4.8 yards per rush. In 2020 we averaged 4.8 yards per rush.

Is that sad and petty?  

No one is under any illusion that we have a strong O-line, and recruiting and development in that area suffered. my point: it’s a lot worse under Bryan Harsin than it was under Gus. With that said:

Of course, everyone notices you refuse to address the comment: Gus left Harsin enough talent to beat Ole Miss, LSU in Baton Rouge, Penn State in Happy Valley and the turds at home. 

Speaking of rushing the football, here’s a little tidbit from an Auburn publication on your boy Harsin: STULTZ: Harsin's reasoning doesn't add up on lack of Tank

Tank Bigsby touched the ball just 11 times in the game.

"I don't know all the reasons," Harsin said. "But yeah. We want to get Tank the ball."

Wait just a second. You don't know all the reasons? Listen, I know Eric Kiesau is calling the plays, but Harsin is and always has been heavily involved in the offense. And when you are facing a formidable team in the biggest non-conference home game in years, it seems you would have prepared to have your best offensive player, arguably Bigsby, be a significant factor in the game plan.

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/stultz-harsin-s-reasoning-doesn-t-add-up-on-lack-of-tank-auburn-football

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Your comment: 

I commented that we haven't been able to since 2017, when the OL recruiting started to suffer.

My comment: In 2017 we average 4.8 yards per rush. In 2020 we averaged 4.8 yards per rush.

Is that sad and petty?  

That wasn't your initial response. You are trying your twisting/dishonesty thing again.  

So, I guess to answer you question...

Yes, continuing to present things in a way as to make oneself look better when its known to be different is, in fact, sad. 

Best player on offense touched the ball 11 times. That’s pretty incredible. 

The OL is hot garbage but Tank and Jarquez should have 40 touches a game between them. That might be the only way the passing attack opens up. 

Just now, woodford said:

Best player on offense touched the ball 11 times. That’s pretty incredible. 

The OL is hot garbage but Tank and Jarquez should have 40 touches a game between them. That might be the only way the passing attack opens up. 

There was zero commitment to anything offensively but, then again, when you have free blitzers on every play that kinda screws up play calling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

There was zero commitment to anything offensively but, then again, when you have free blitzers on every play that kinda screws up play calling.

No doubt. Auburn had no answer for them. Offense didn’t seem to adjust at halftime either. I won’t say they quit, but whole team seemed to lose the Will to fight at PSU did whatever they wanted. 

This was pointed out on Cover 3 podcast today. PSU’s first drive, they go for it on 4th and 1 in their territory. That’s what James Franklin thought of our offense. They were not worried at all. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

In a word, “no” I don’t think Gus especially after the rule change, was the best we can do. So back to the point, Bryan Harsin, is a far cry from Gus, so do the math.

So he was “lucky” to beat Saban two or three times. I get it now, thanks for explaining. Wondering why the entirety of the SEC West didn’t get lucky to beat him.

I am just scratching my head. how were those wins luck. Two games Auburn was ahead and the other they were tied. I know u didn’t say it. Also this is the second time Harsin has taken a job after Gus and both times the team record has been worse. 

• Thanks 2

How about the drum major?  Dude threw his "mace" (I had to look up what it was called) into the ground with precision and accuracy.  Maybe some of the tuba players can suit up and play O line.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

That wasn't your initial response. You are trying your twisting/dishonesty thing again.  

So, I guess to answer you question...

Yes, continuing to present things in a way as to make oneself look better when its known to be different is, in fact, sad. 

YOU: Oh, oh, oh… I may be looking bad here so I will say: He’s twisting it to make himself look better. Then I will say, he’s not being honest, and maybe people will believe me.

ME: In the meantime, you still have no answer. Why? Because you will be proven wrong, and you just can’t stand that.

So one last time: how did Gus leave Bryan Harsin enough talent to beat Ole Miss, LSU, Penn State and the turds last year, but the reason Harsin lost five in a row last season, to include a bowl game in freaking Birmingham, then gets embarrassed by a middle range Big Ten team at home, is because Gus didn’t leave him enough talent? 

Edited by AU-24

2 hours ago, e808 said:

I am just scratching my head. how were those wins luck. Two games Auburn was ahead and the other they were tied. I know u didn’t say it. Also this is the second time Harsin has taken a job after Gus and both times the team record has been worse. 

Exactly!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

After the first quarter, I imagine running the ball was basically asking your RBs to dodge 2+ tacklers the second they touch the ball. Which Tank was basically able to do a couple times. 

It was just such a herculean feat for the RBs to do anything, or for the QBs to maneuver in the pocket

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

The idea you have is the correct one. Only problem is for the quick throw offense you have to have 4-5 wide. Bunch sets and so forth. We can’t block for 2.5 seconds with 7 blockers right now and teams are going to dare us to beat them over the top

there was some play they repeated multiple times where we were in max protect like you described and there were still free rushers. Shenker was thrown to the wind, the tackles couldn't even react to their man...I dunno how you play that bad

I don't even know what you say to the lineman as a coach. Like what do you work on to improve that??

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AU-24 said:

So one last time: how did Gus leave Bryan Harsin enough talent to beat Ole Miss, LSU, Penn State and the turds las

I maybe wrong but I don’t think I am.   Did Auburn beat PSU and Bama last year?  I seem to recall that that was two games in lost column.   And you are so wrapped up in Gus that you and others can’t even say when Auburn is lucky in a win.   
I don’t know where it’s written that some can’t hope that the HC at Auburn shouldn’t be successful even if some don’t like the hire.   I don’t believe that Harsin will be around after this year so it really won’t matter what any of us say.   I would be willing to bet that the next hire you will have some on here and out in the world, that won’t like the hire and will be against it from day one.   

22 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I maybe wrong but I don’t think I am.   Did Auburn beat PSU and Bama last year?  I seem to recall that that was two games in lost column.   And you are so wrapped up in Gus that you and others can’t even say when Auburn is lucky in a win.   
I don’t know where it’s written that some can’t hope that the HC at Auburn shouldn’t be successful even if some don’t like the hire.   I don’t believe that Harsin will be around after this year so it really won’t matter what any of us say.   I would be willing to bet that the next hire you will have some on here and out in the world, that won’t like the hire and will be against it from day one.   

Let me make it even more clear and easier to understand for some. I know things can get complicated: Harsin lost to Penn State and the turds because of coaching, (fairy close games) not because of a lack of talent. Besides the fact that he had the talent on hand to beat Ole Miss and LSU. Whom did Harsin inherit that talent from?

Hopefully I’ve cleared things up for you on this complicated matter. Please let me know if you need more help.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Harsin lost to Penn State and the turds because of coaching, (fairy close games) not because of a lack of talent. Besides the fact that he had the talent on hand to beat Ole Miss and LSU. Whom did Harsin inherit that talent from?

He won the LSU and Ole Miss games on coaching, not talent. Arky too. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

He won the LSU and Ole Miss games on coaching, not talent. Arky too. 

That same coaching that lost five games in a row, including a bowl game loss to mighty Houston in Birmingham? Is that the coaching you speak of?