Hardline Qualifications for next HC

AUght2win

9 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

for one, they want to win at everything. everything is a competition with alpha types and they wanted to win at everything, typically.

Its more about a connection to other men. Someone you can believe in someone you feel will lead you in the right direction.

• Like 1

Oh I want to reiterate I don't have any faith that Sanders would actually end up here, as I understand this fan base more than most. 

I'm just saying as far as risk/reward and what we have available it's a no brainer to shoot for Sanders. It's basically hire someone who can possibly recruit at a level where we have a chance or go the other route which we are sure to do......end up hiring somebody who isn't as good of a coach and even if they prove to be decent we will spend a couple of decades saying we could be great if we were able to recruit at a high level

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

for one, they want to win at everything. everything is a competition with alpha types and they wanted to win at everything, typically.

If you cheat, are you "alpha"?  If you change the rules to benefit yourself, are you "alpha"?  If you win little but create mass destruction, are you "alpha"?

My point is,,, these people being defined as "alpha" really aren't, only when they must be.  The need to be continuously "alpha", to be perceived as "alpha", is more likely someone who has deep seeded insecurities.

• Like 2

All a good leader is, is someone who can communicate with an entire group at a high level and everybody trusts that the communication will be consistent even in rough times.........that's it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

If you cheat, are you "alpha"?  If you change the rules to benefit yourself, are you "alpha"?  If you win little but create mass destruction, are you "alpha"?

My point is,,, these people being defined as "alpha" really aren't, only when they must be.  The need to be continuously "alpha", to be perceived as "alpha", is more likely someone who has deep seeded insecurities.

an alpha may cheat, but cheating =/= alpha. using your will to bring about conditions that favor you could be another defining characteristic though.

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Right. An alpha is going to be insulted that you even felt they felt they needed to cheat. That's how I feel when someone says I lied about something. Like why would I ever feel intimidated enough to lie to you. 

41 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh I want to reiterate I don't have any faith that Sanders would actually end up here, as I understand this fan base more than most. 

I'm just saying as far as risk/reward and what we have available it's a no brainer to shoot for Sanders. It's basically hire someone who can possibly recruit at a level where we have a chance or go the other route which we are sure to do......end up hiring somebody who isn't as good of a coach and even if they prove to be decent we will spend a couple of decades saying we could be great if we were able to recruit at a high level

Unless your lumping the boosters in with the fan base? If not,the fan base won't have a say so in the next hire. All we as fans can do is bitch, moan and complain and nitpick who they hire

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Unless your lumping the boosters in with the fan base? If not the fan base won't have a say so in the next hire. All we as fans can do is butch, moan and complain and nitpick who they hire

The actual hiring they may not but the fan base plays a big role and as far as stress and making things uncomfortable.

Alpha is only one of about 5 core personality types and it’s a poor system to use.  Not even close to Meyers Briggs, or even Enneagram for that matter…equivalent being a Type 8 with a 7 wing.

Sigmas often get confused for Alphas.  And honestly, a gamma can make a really successful coach.

On 9/19/2022 at 9:38 AM, JMassie11 said:

We don’t need any scandals of sexual nature here. I will not be on board that this at all.

I'm referring to the hiring of Freeze and media response to his hiring.  If Freeze is hired and media says Auburn is a win at all costs school because of Freeze's checkered past, then that will disappear if he wins.  No one wants a sexual scandal.

49 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Alpha is only one of about 5 core personality types and it’s a poor system to use.  Not even close to Meyers Briggs, or even Enneagram for that matter…equivalent being a Type 8 with a 7 wing.

Sigmas often get confused for Alphas.  And honestly, a gamma can make a really successful coach.

I feel like we're about 10 seconds away from getting into Coaches Astrology signs and pulling out Tarot cards. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUgrad97 said:

Builder

Disciplinarian

Personality

CEO Mindset

Loyalty

You give me those 4 and I think we can build around that for success!

You listed 5, not 4.

Edited by EagleEye67
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I’m for Prime 

He hasn’t coached much, that doesn’t mean that he can’t coach. I can understand why people think that his lack of experience is a factor.

But for me, he absolutely knows the game of football inside and out. His years as an analyst are the proof IMO.

He also knows what makes an athlete tick, which will make him one of the best recruiters in the SEC. 
He would be his own man, He would shoot straight and his players would respect him.

He would bring a ton of interest from the media which would bring  our brand instant respect from high school players from all over. 
He knows his limitations, so he would be self aware enough to hire great coordinators.

I just hope that he’s interested if we contact him. 

His glaring narcissistic personality disorder is a non-starter for me. It is the root of his other red flags, like his baby mama drama, history of violence, and managerial malfunction. It is also a clarion that were his era at Auburn to end in termination, his bitterness and uncontrollable desire to destroy those who "wronged"/fired him would likely make Terry Bowden's sour grapes taste like honey in comparison. Owing to Sanders' media favor and connections, he could incinerate Auburn's program to a degree no other aggrieved coach has ever been capable of doing. 

I think he is well capable of using any excuse to defame Auburn in retaliation, regardless of how valid or true. It is what narcissists do. 

• Dislike 1

On 9/19/2022 at 4:56 PM, AUinMS9528 said:

I will add one more thing to the idea that Coach Prime is “a risky hire”…

With the talent he will recruit here, let’s say you’re right and he doesn’t cut it as an SEC HC.   Worst case scenario, he leaves a huge pile of talent here for the next guy to work with.  That would be 1000X better than the poop show we’ve watched the last few years!!!   So I don’t see it as a huge risk either.  

Unless they use the now-wide open transfer capabilities to depart Auburn once their cult of personality figure is gone. 

On 9/19/2022 at 10:09 AM, TitanTiger said:

Now, I can agree with that.  I'd consider him.  There are multiple names on the list that to me would warrant making say no before you get to where you seriously go after him.  Now, the longer he keeps doing well and out recruiting JSU's history (or if he takes a bigger job and continues being successful), the more you move him up that list when anyone in the upper half of a P5 conference is looking to hire a new HC.

We sort of did this once before in hiring Terry Bowden from Samford based almost completely on his last name and it was too big of a gig for him.  I don't think we want to repeat that mistake personally.

But you know it might be that none of the more experienced names we want will come or that we can't stomach the baggage (ex. Freeze) and then you look at the potential for Deion to inject some energy into things.  Who knows?

If you'll recall, it was only because of the non-disclosure agreements Terry Bowden signed that kept him from dragging through the mud in every public venue he could manage. Even then, he still threw out shade and innuendo as much as he thought he was safe doing. 

Bowden has a law degree and a little more self-discipline than Sanders does. Sanders wouldn't hesitate to spark the flame-thrower and roast Auburn as hard and as long as he could. It's what narcissists do. Because any shortcoming is never their fault. 

Indications are littered throughout Sanders' history. That includes his driving desire to humiliate his alma mater for daring to pass him up as a coach. 

• Facepalm 1