Candidates No One Mentioned

AUght2win

27 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Chip Kelly has the bruins in the Top 10. Told y’all!

And still shoulda lost to South Alabama.  They are not the 10th best team...if so, college football is turrible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerPAC said:

And still shoulda lost to South Alabama.  They are not the 10th best team...if so, college football is turrible

Doesn’t matter. UGA almost lost to Mizzou. Teams have bad weeks. Just win baby.

• Like 2

Dan Lanning - sec experience, big time recruiter, solid DC

mark stoops - not flashy but wins, would recruit better at AU, hard nose well coached exams.    Already competes in SEC and consistently wins 9-10/yr

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Doesn’t matter. UGA almost lost to Mizzou. Teams have bad weeks. Just win baby.

Took him too long at UCLA to get there. Not that much patience on the Plains

1 hour ago, lala said:

mark stoops - not flashy but wins, would recruit better at AU, hard nose well coached exams.    Already competes in SEC and consistently wins 9-10/yr

I’m the president of the Dan Lanning to Auburn fan club lol

• Like 2

Dan Lanning is way too out of the box for this bunch. He is another I would consider poaching as well as as the HC from North Carolina State 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lala said:

Stoops has won 10 twice and 8 once in 9+ years at UK. He is hardly a 9-10/yr coach unless you mean the number of players he has arrested every year for everything from DUI to home invasions. My son and two daughters in law (UK grads) would love to see him leave. 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

There will be patience if he recruits well. 

He had terrible recruiting classes his first 3 or 4 years. He’s another guy like Heupel that’s enjoying an extremely mature and super experienced senior QB. DTR is a 5th year starter for Kelly. 

37 minutes ago, Tmoney56 said:

Stoops has won 10 twice and 8 once in 9+ years at UK. He is hardly a 9-10/yr coach unless you mean the number of players he has arrested every year for everything from DUI to home invasions. My son and two daughters in law (UK grads) would love to see him leave. 

So what your saying is he has a chance.

47 minutes ago, Tmoney56 said:

After this year, barring a complete melt he’ll have 3, 9-10 win seasons in last 5 yrs.  Not bad there!   

tell the DIL’s Bear isn’t coming back anytime soon

I have the Supreme candidate to take over at AU that Noone has thought of, I know that this pick would not be sexy or some here might think that he isn't quite proven at the college ranks but I think he would be worth taking a flyer on.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/BeliBi0.htm

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tmoney56 said:

I’m not on the Stoops fan bus either.  Seems like a very boring hire to me.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 6:35 PM, AUwent said:

As I said with DAG I expect you’ll be pleased with the hire since I’m absolutely convinced it’ll be Freeze. 

It will be Burner. 7-5, maybe  and 8-4 that's it. 5 stars will stop at Auburn. To take a piss on the way to Athens, Knoxville, Tuscaloosa. Its quick, simple, comfortable. 

Has anyone heard about the AD interviews and timeline to hire? Harsin's status has been garnering all the attention and I haven't heard/read much about AU AD status. Seems like GT fired and hired AD within a pretty quick timeframe. 

If we were to steal a coach from the state of Mississippi, I'd prefer Mike Leach. The guy wins everywhere he goes (not easy places, either), and is entertaining as hell.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lala said:

-After this year, barring a complete melt he’ll have 3, 9-10 win seasons in last 5 yrs.  Not bad there!   

tell the DIL’s Bear isn’t coming back anytime soon

With UK's schedule, a decent (not even top tier) coach at Auburn would win 9-10 every year. Stoops is a terrible in game coach and a so so recruiter. He would get killed in the SEC West..

15 hours ago, Taker said:

So what your saying is he has a chance.

No. I'm saying many UK fans are not enamored with Stoops either and would love to see him go. He wins just enough to keep his job and not threaten basketball supremacy. The basketball team fills Rupp Arena for a practice every year (and would sell 4X as many tickets as are available), but the football team can't fill their stadium when they are ranked and playing a ranked SEC opponent. And it's a small stadium by SEC West standards.

3 minutes ago, Tmoney56 said:

No. I'm saying many UK fans are not enamored with Stoops either and would love to see him go. He wins just enough to keep his job and not threaten basketball supremacy. The basketball team fills Rupp Arena for a practice every year (and would sell 4X as many tickets as are available), but the football team can't fill their stadium when they are ranked and playing a ranked SEC opponent. And it's a small stadium by SEC West standards.

This is idiotic lol. Kentucky football will go back to being a ~6-7 win program once Stoops leaves unless they absolutely hit a HR hire. He has taken that s***-hole program so far. Find me the last Kentucky HC who won as consistently as he has won. Your Kentucky friends sound like idiots.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

If we were to steal a coach from the state of Mississippi, I'd prefer Mike Leach. The guy wins everywhere he goes (not easy places, either), and is entertaining as hell.

Our offense would be pretty fun to watch at least. 

• Like 1