If we make a change...

Zeek

16 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Damn, fella, he wasn’t molesting choir boys, he was paying for tang. Everyone is redeemable. You might want to cast off the self-righteousness long enough for Auburn to find a winner. Not endorsing Freeze by any means, but we could do worse.

Everyone is redeemable. That doesn't mean that redemption should be at a top 15 program influencing young men. Especially when his pattern of behavior suggests he may have not even learned a lesson from his past mistakes. Having a standard for behavior isnt self rightousness, simply not abandoning a standard for the sole sake of a chance at winning. There are better candidates out there.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Damn, fella, he wasn’t molesting choir boys, he was paying for tang. Everyone is redeemable. You might want to cast off the self-righteousness long enough for Auburn to find a winner. Not endorsing Freeze by any means, but we could do worse.

That’s not what I was even talking about. He recently this past summer started harassing a sexual abuse victim and went to her DMs. He has more issues than “just paid for sex”. He hasn’t learned anything and would never want anyone like him being the face of the program. Thankfully Dr. Roberts and McGlynn are on the same page with that..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Nope. My top four wishes are Grimes, Kiffin, Monken and Sanders. I have no idea which order though, it would most definitely be Kiffin if OM's recruiting rankings weren't a bit sus, although he's done a great job with the TP.

I'm just trying to prepare for all four of them saying no. If that happens, then McGee, then Freeze, then T-Will (break glass).

With Kiffin we would never have to worry about the QB and offense as a whole. He is a actual offensive genius. He is a great play caller and can beat you running or throwing the ball with his amazing schematic mind. With kiffin you have to factor in his transfer portal recruiting which absolutely a huge factor in today’s recruiting world. 

deion is a absolute elite level recruiter. You don’t get the number 1 player in the country to come to fuggin Jackson state if you aren’t. Either would be amazing hires and I would be extremely happy with both. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

With Kiffin we would never have to worry about the QB and offense as a whole. He is a actual offensive genius. He is a great play caller and can beat you running or throwing the ball with his amazing schematic mind. With kiffin you have to factor in his transfer portal recruiting which absolutely a huge factor in today’s recruiting world. 

deion is a absolute elite level recruiter. You don’t get the number 1 player in the country to come to fuggin Jackson state if you aren’t. Either would be amazing hires and I would be extremely happy with both. 

That's exactly how I feel about both as well, plus Grimes and Monken. :)

But--especially after paying two massive buyouts (screw you Leath)--I'm just not sure how realistic they are.

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

That's exactly how I feel about both as well, plus Grimes and Monken. :)

But--especially after paying two massive buyouts (screw you Leath)--I'm just not sure how realistic they are.

You can’t say you worry about recruiting then immediately list monken as someone you want…. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You can’t say you worry about recruiting then immediately list monken as someone you want…. 

Fair. I'm just confident he'd bring McGee and Muschamp as coordinators.

If he wouldn't then ok. Top 3 of Kiffin, Grimes and Sanders, in ascending order of how easy I think they'd be to get. All I'm saying is that we'd better have backup options given our history of hires.

Edited by AUwent

12 hours ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

IDK what it is about Kiffin that just doesn't jive with me. 

Freeze

Sanders

Grimes

Probably the fact that Kiffin isn’t a good HC.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

There is a reason he has always been a position coach (RB’s) and running game coordinator, not OC/HC.

What reason(s) have kept Dell McGee at a lower position?

Becoming intrigued with going a non-traditional route. Hear me out. Fabianich was saying in an interview today that with the way the game's changing, you gotta almost run college teams like pro-organizations. He's an impressive individual and apparently may be here for the long haul regardless of CBH.

Anyways, restructure things and basically have Fabianich as your true GM and running the "front office", i.e. the support staff. Bring in Dan Quinn as HC. He'd crawl over glass for it.

Joe Whitt Jr as DC. Fabianich and Quinn use their NFL contacts to hire some young genius from the McVay/Shanahan/Lafleur tree. Don't care if he's currently an offensive intern. That tree is golden. Plus it keeps your offense fresh versus having a stubborn offensive minded HC stuck in his ways like Gus and Harsin.

That gives you a true alignment within the program, as Fabianich and Quinn and Whitt Jr. are all Cowboys guys and know each other. Quinn has SEC experience, and Whitt Jr. is an Auburn guy. It would be untraditional for sure, but high upside. And tbh we may have to get creative here to make a dent. Hard to beat UGA and Bama playing their game. 

9 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Hiring Freeze kind of cements that message to me that this is just about winning. Any sham that this is about student athletes or bettering future leaders is over. The man has a history that should place him off limits for positions that influence students and young adults. Second chances are for people that lied and felt bad about it (Bruce), not someone that cheated, hired prostitutes then continued poor judgement at his next employment by messaging sexual assauly victims while they were suing his employer.

Ha! You’re at least 10 years behind the times, friend. This hasn’t been about “ student” athletes in a looong time. Or future leaders. This is about nothing but winning for the universities, and getting to the NFL for the,cough,cough, “ student athletes”. We should forget about character and hire the best damn coach money can buy. For that matter, we should buy the best damn players we can afford as well. Welcome to the new reality of “ college” football. Don’t forget to send in your NIL donation. Can’t get this done if we’re not all-in

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You wouldn’t have gotten that player 5 years ago.   This NIL stuff has completely changed college football from what it was in the past.  That’s partly why I think that recruiting shouldn’t be that hard if you halfway know what you are doing.   

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Probably the fact that Kiffin isn’t a good HC.

Hmmm, don't know about that 1. Won 10 last yr. Prob do the same this yr with different QB..In the SEC West, mind u..

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Usually you want your top recruiter to have a lighter coaching load. Dell as an OC would be a move up, but he would have less time to recruit.

Think of when Dameyune Craig was at FSU the first time. He was their “Quarterbacks Coach.” Except everyone knew, Fisher, like Spurrier, was the real QB coach. Craig’s full time job was recruiting.

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

You wouldn’t have gotten that player 5 years ago.   This NIL stuff has completely changed college football from what it was in the past.  That’s partly why I think that recruiting shouldn’t be that hard if you halfway know what you are doing.   

Are you saying Jackson state has a better NIL program than AU? It’s still jackson state and it is still one of the biggest recruiting miracles we have ever seen.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Are you saying Jackson state has a better NIL program than AU? It’s still jackson state and it is still one of the biggest recruiting miracles we have ever seen.

I don’t know what kind of NIL program they have or we have.   Rumor has it that he got a lot from Barstool sports.  Another huge factor is the promotion of HBCU’s in the sports world these days.   Throw in Deion’s name with all that and the fact that they play the same position, the kid made a business decision and I’m sure it will work out just as well at JSU as it would anywhere else.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Hugh private messaged a sexual assualt victim who called out leadership at Liberty for sweeping the incident under the rug and attempted to defend said leadership.

The dude is beyond being a scumbag.  He's the kind of person you don't want anywhere near people you care about.

Freeze is trash.  Besides that, he really isn't that good of a coach.  And another besides that...I don't ever again want to see AU run a gimmick offense, especially one that the DC's in the SEC quickly figure out, which is what Freeze runs.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

I am just guessing but no-one is willing to take that risk. That tells me that AU definitely shouldn’t either. That is way riskier in nature to any of the others that have been put forth. A good move if we were to hire an offensive guy is to bring him on as co-OC.

38 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Usually you want your top recruiter to have a lighter coaching load. Dell as an OC would be a move up, but he would have less time to recruit.

Think of when Dameyune Craig was at FSU the first time. He was their “Quarterbacks Coach.” Except everyone knew, Fisher, like Spurrier, was the real QB coach. Craig’s full time job was recruiting.

But I don't see anything that says Dell McGee is somehow not qualified to be a head coach. If recruiting is the big whoop for Sanders, it should be the same for McGee, plus Dell has experience coaching and recruiting in the SEC.

23 hours ago, Zeek said:

This would be damn near impossible to pull off but give me:

HC - Deion Sanders

OC - Jeff Grimes

DC - Will Muschamp

Tell me that wouldn't dominate 

Love it, but I would take Baby Briles or Grimes as OC, and if we are really dreaming give Aranda as DC :)

image.gifimage.gifCan you even imagine? Have no idea if we’d win  a NC in either sport in the next 5 years, but there’s a chance - and the entire country would  be watching to find out. There’s good positive crazy and theres creepy cringe-worthy crazy. I’m rooting for the first.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alabastertiger said:

Love it, but I would take Baby Briles or Grimes as OC, and if we are really dreaming give Aranda as DC :)

I like it, but would get Garrett Riley as OC. That Baylor O is hard to watch. 

4 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

Freeze is trash.  Besides that, he really isn't that good of a coach.  And another besides that...I don't ever again want to see AU run a gimmick offense, especially one that the DC's in the SEC quickly figure out, which is what Freeze runs.

I don't understand the gimmick offense portion of this.  Nearly every team in college and pro is running some sort of this gimmick offense you speak of.  The problem with Malzahn was that he did not evolve with time as the offense did in the hands of competent coaches.