Status of Finley for UGA

russnagel1

16 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

feel so bad for tj. i liked him a lot but at the end of the day it is a competitive sport and i keep reminding myself.

TJ has never won a P5 game as a starter at AU. 

On 10/6/2022 at 1:33 PM, dyehardfanAU said:

With our lack of OL I would stick with Robby

Look, I have it on good authority our OL is gonna demolish thUGA's DL tomorrow.

Clearly you don;t know what you are talking about.

/sarc off

Edited by AUGoo
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

TJ has never won a P5 game as a starter at AU. 

yes i understand that but i like good kids.

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

? So do I. So does everyone. 

so? i have have a right to my opinion bro. and i hate it because he lost his job while injured which i am pretty sure dye and some of those guys said ...you cannot lose your job as a starter to an injury unless it is a season or career ending. in the grand scheme of things my little statement does not matter so why are you coming at me?

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Fifty getting Fiesty 2nite

not really. but it irks me when i am complimenting someone and they come down on me and or them. gr82b is a good guy and i know this i jusr do not understand why he said that. i did not say rob was better than tj.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

not really. but it irks me when i am complimenting someone and they come down on me and or them. gr82b is a good guy and i know this i jusr do not understand why he said that. i did not say rob was better than tj.

Actually I was agreeing with you, I probably just did a poor job showing it. You said it was a competitive sport and you felt sorry for him. I was saying that he has never won a P5 game … meaning he was injured and then in my opinion replaced because he was not performing up to standards. 
I like the kid a lot and I feel sorry for him. But it is a competitive sport and they will play the best player. 
Unless of course they are sitting him because of what he posted/his dad said. I have no idea. 
Also there is a rumor on Rivals that he will never play for AU again. That is not from a mod so no idea. 
i wish him nothing but the best 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Love 1

On 10/6/2022 at 8:59 AM, russnagel1 said:

If Finley is available that may free up Ashford to use his legs more.

If Finley is available, he should pretend he is not available. Save yourselves. 

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2022 at 10:09 AM, Tiger1992 said:

Robby's passing seems to be more accurate when he's running for his life instead of standing in the pocket.

In that case Robbie should dead on tomorrow.

• Haha 2

I know the “we did not see practice” stuff. However, I just wander how Ashford would have progressed if he had been given the full time QB title at the beginning of the year and played through the first games with as full of a play book as possible. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Systems said:

If Finley is available, he should pretend he is not available. Save yourselves. 

yes and we pretty much ran bo off and now he is a heisman candidate. see how that works? i want the best man for the job but i want it done right.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yes and we pretty much ran bo off and now he is a heisman candidate. see how that works? i want the best man for the job but i want it done right.

Heisman candidate?? Not being a butt, but is he really a candidate? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

google is your friend my friend. some of it is home cooking of course but yes. he tanked his first game and the lights came on. i doubt he wins it but just to have your named mentioned is huge. and can i say when i see your sweet smiling face i want to take you out,get you drunk, and take advantage of you bro...................

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

google is your friend my friend. some of it is home cooking of course but yes. he tanked his first game and the lights came on. i doubt he wins it but just to have your named mentioned is huge. and can i say when i see your sweet smiling face i want to take you out,get you drunk, and take advantage of you bro...................

Bo being mentioned for heisman was so radical I didn’t believe on any level to be honest. Still don’t , won’t lol. The search was not worth the effort . 

23 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Oregon's Bo Nix appears on updated list of Heisman Trophy contenders

Jarrid Denney•07/06/22
3-4 minutes

Bo Nix Ben Lonergan/The Register-Guard / USA TODAY NETWORK

Oregon’s quarterback competition is far from settled, but one signal-caller within the program is already receiving some Heisman Trophy buzz.

This week, Vegas Insider released its updated 2022 Heisman Trophy odds. That list included Oregon’s Bo Nix, who transferred into the program during the offseason after three seasons at Auburn.

Vegas Insider lists Nix’s odds of capturing the award at +5000, which leaves him tied with a large cluster of players for the 20th best odds in the nation.

The list of players with odds of +5000 or greater is as follows:

Further down the list, Oregon linebacker Noah Sewell was tabbed at +20000.

This season, Nix will reunite with Oregon offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham, who served as OC during Nix’s most successful season at Auburn. During their lone season together in 2019, Nix was named was named the SEC freshman of the year after throwing for 2,524 yards and scoring 23 total touchdowns.

Last season, Nix played 10 games and threw 11 touchdowns and three interceptions while passing at a 61 percent clip. He suffered a season-ending ankle injury in November that required surgery.

During Oregon’s spring game, Nix had the best day of the Ducks’ three scholarship quarterbacks and threw for 230 yards and three touchdowns on 8-of-15 passing while also throwing one interception.

Throughout spring ball, Dillingham was adamant that the program’s quarterback competition will continue into fall camp. Following the April 25 spring game, he said the coaching staff does not have a date in mind for when it plans to name a starter in the fall.

With Nix, Jay Butterfield, and Ty Thompson all in the mix, Dillingham did provide context after the scrimmage on what each player needs to do in order to improve.

“There are specific goals,” Dillingham said. “Ty, we’re trying to bring his eyes with his feet more. Bo, we’re trying to not make a bad play worse. Jay, all we’re trying to do is get his drops down a little bit quicker so he can get the ball out a little faster.

“I think they all have an individual goal they can grow off of, and I think they can take that into the summer and they can try to improve and try to grow.”

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Well then, go be a bammer fan. They're doing it right.

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

That was in July 

so? i just picked the closest article i could get to because i am watching football.

On 10/6/2022 at 11:09 AM, Tiger1992 said:

Robby's passing seems to be more accurate when he's running for his life instead of standing in the pocket.

Seems that way. Not sure it matters. I don’t see either of them as the starter next year. 

On 10/6/2022 at 1:41 PM, cole256 said:

You stick with him in hopes he can throw the ball. The last thing you do against an athletic defense such as this is say play him because he can run.....

I don't know why people come to that conclusion and say that so much. The last thing you want is your QB running around.....that's turnovers waiting to happen guaranteed

You see the game plan they had? You see why the whole play him because he can run thing doesn't really make sense?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You see the game plan they had? You see why the whole play him because he can run thing doesn't really make sense?

Logic doesn't exactly sit too well with people around here. As I said in the game thread, I would have rather had TJ out there today.  At least we could have been more of a threat in the air. Because just running the ball against an elite D like UGA is exactly the result you get today.