Let's get to the bottom -insider information

Taker

Since we are seeing a bunch of back and forth and calling out people for not providing a good take or being full of šŸ’© I just want to know in your honest opinion who do you think will be the next AD and HC for API (Auburn University)Ā 

@bigbirdĀ @RunInRedĀ @augolf1716

And any other mods or people that I have missed that may have a scoop or šŸ”„ take/tip for all those of us out of the know

ThanksĀ 

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I know, but I canā€™t sayā€¦ šŸ˜‰

I am pretty sure the consensus is what we all think but we donā€™t want to believeĀ 

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hartwell announced this week. Most likely Friday.

CBH fired at end of the season

1a: GrimesĀ 

1b: Deion

Ā 

This info has been posted previously in multiple threads by @RunInRedĀ and I.

Pretty straightforward there, thanks.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Ā 

I would flip those around IMHO but I know Deion, OMG that would be just toĀ  much for the stodgy Auburn folks...end of the world. If everyone thinks Grimes is the safe selection but I do not see it that way, hope it works out, I mean the bar has been set pretty low right now so hoping up is the only way to go...and to have Harsin coach the rest of the season, yuk..just yuk.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And nothing different than has been posted previously.Ā Ā 

Ā 

If it were my opinion, I may switch them too. That said, that doesn't take away anything from what a terrific coach Grimes is.Ā  People need to stop trying to tear down his accomplishments while trying to prop up their candidate. Both have great strengths.Ā 

I'm not trying to tear down any of his accomplishments I just prefer Deion, Coach Grimes may be the shizzle, but I just feel like Deion would bring some excitement back to the football program like we have on the basketball side. Really winning cures most everything so I'm all for who can come in and start doing a lot of that..:)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

I'm not trying to tear down any of his accomplishments I just prefer Deion, Coach Grimes may be the shizzle, but I just feel like Deion would bring some excitement back to the football program like we have on the basketball side. Really winning cures most everything so I'm all for who can come in and start doing a lot of that..:)

Didn't mean to imply you were the one trying to put Grimes down. My apologies if it came across that way.

• Like 2

I think alot if times someone in the know with sources will post some info. Then other people try to take that info and turn itĀ  so it will fit who they want to see hired , then the thread goes off the rails and everything gets convoluted and the good info gets lost in the shuffle of the back and forth. So thanks to Bird for refreshing where things stand today. Also, not trying to run interference for Bird, but it's important to remember that he and other mods on here tell u what they know from sources, Not WHAT THEY WANT TO HAPPEN PERSONALLY... There is a big difference... Sorry for the long post

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Ā 

Soooo, are you trying to say that I'm not getting the job?

• Haha 5

Just now, bigbird said:

Didn't mean to imply you were the one trying to put Grimes down. My apologies if it came across that way.

Eh I'm an old codger, no issues on that front at all...I tend to try to be one of the more respectful folks, just appreciate having a place to come and vent and discuss stuff. :)Ā  All that name calling stuff is for the birds I have no energy for any of that, we all have opinions just try to be respectful and have some fun...

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Ā 

If it were my opinion, I may switch them too. That said, that doesn't take away anything from what a terrific coach Grimes is.Ā  People need to stop trying to tear down his accomplishments while trying to prop up their candidate. Both have great strengths.Ā 

Deion is definitely my preference, but I would be happy with Grimes.Ā 

• Like 3

at this point id settle for a ron zook type who can just stack O and D line talent even if the coaching chops aren't tip top, but recruiting recruiting recruit needs to be priorities A-D.

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Ā 

When you say switch based on your opinion, do you mean based on personal preference or what youā€™re hearing?

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Opinions based on faulty assumptions or inadequate/wrong data, like my initial support for CBH, should want to be corrected.Ā Ā 

Iā€™m right there with ya. And Iā€™m not going to tear anyone down, including CBH.Ā 

• Haha 1