Auburn coaching hot board V2

aubiefifty

On 11/3/2022 at 7:07 PM, autiger88 said:

What's the point? We have an AD who doesn't want anything to do with NIL so any coach we get will be going uphill trying to win... Atleast that's what some are putting out there 😒

I have not heard one word of this...Sorry. I dont believe it either.

I know he has about a 5% chance but I’m team Caddy.  I may change my tune after the Miss State game but I’ve bought in so hard the past couple days.  If Auburn wins all but Bama to finish out I don’t know how you don’t consider him.  

6 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I read this article already somewhere, but can't remember where.  Where did you copy it from?

either i googled it. or it cam off al.com or the rant. i do a dozen or so articles a day so i am not sure to he honest.

6 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I read this article already somewhere, but can't remember where.  Where did you copy it from?

hey i just say the article while looking for stuff to post today. that came from sports illustrated.

On 11/3/2022 at 7:07 PM, Taker said:

Of the 5 names on that list 2 would be considered a splash (Prime, Kiffin), 2 would be considered solid but not sexy (Lanning, Freeze), and 1 is the guy that is going to get the job(Grimes) and send 98% of the fan base in a downward spiral and allow the claims of JABA and PTB Boogeymen are out to ruin us. 

Time will tell but I think that unless they hire Coach Hardon 2.0 we should be good with any of these 5 names. 

Now 🔥 on 

I think you need to look into Jeff Grimes' history a little more. He's my top pick for the AU job and that's not without reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think you need to look into Jeff Grimes' history a little more. He's my top pick for the AU job and that's not without reason.

Oh I agree that he would no doubt be a solid hire. My point is that if and when he Is hired it is going to cause an immense amount of backlash because he isn't considered a "Splash or sexy" hire by most after going from Tubbs (proven winner/recruiter) to Chiz (meh hire) to Gus (good at first but to stubborn to maintain) to Hardon (Dumpster fire) 

Of the 5 names on that list I think I would be okay with either of them... 

Prime or Lanning for me…heavy on Lanning. Reminds me of a cross between Kirby/Nick. Young relentless recruiter with connections in the SEC. I just feel Deion is keeping a close eye on what’s going at FSU, and how Norvell finishes the season. Just a hunch.

Norvell is turning things around at FSU.   They’re likely going to finish 8-4 or 9-3.  Their losses are “quality” and they beat LSU.   They’re not going to fire Norvell any time soon barring some sort of catastrophe.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Norvell is turning things around at FSU.   They’re likely going to finish 8-4 or 9-3.  Their losses are “quality” and they beat LSU.   They’re not going to fire Norvell any time soon barring some sort of catastrophe.  

Rooting hard for them over "Da []_[]" tonight.

22 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

The Lanning guy at Oregon........... I read somewhere on here that he has a $10 million buyout owed to Oregon if he leaves there. Isn't that prohibitive? Who's going to cough up $10 million on top of Harsin's buyout and other expenses associated with a coaching change?

• Like 2

On 11/5/2022 at 12:47 PM, DKW 86 said:

I have not heard one word of this...Sorry. I dont believe it either.

Absolutely not true, don’t worry.

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The Lanning guy at Oregon........... I read somewhere on here that he has a $10 million buyout owed to Oregon if he leaves there. Isn't that prohibitive? Who's going to cough up $10 million on top of Harsin's buyout and other expenses associated with a coaching change?

Since I’m too lazy to research it, do you have any idea what Kiffin’s buyout is?

Just now, AU-24 said:

Since I’m too lazy to research it, do you have any idea what Kiffin’s buyout is?

Sorry, no. I'm not even sure about Lanning's, it's just what I read on this site.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That article is all kind of incorrect. Ole Miss won't go to Atlanta unless LSU loses another conference game. Makes me wonder if any of the other stuff in there is true as well

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That article is all kind of incorrect. Ole Miss won't go to Atlanta unless LSU loses another conference game. Makes me wonder if any of the other stuff in there is true as well

That's entirely correct. Some of these writers need to understand things before they start to scribble.

• Like 1

Lanning is intriguing but he has a $14M buyout according to an Oregon fan on another board.  I was completely against Freeze last season but he's continuing to prove he's a very good coach and I'm warming up to him.  Kiffin is a "safe" hire but I'm not sure what he'd cost to bring on board.  Deion is in Tier B for me but I wouldn't hate the hire.  I'm not big on Grimes or Rhule.

Guess who beat S. Miss in 3OT, UAB by 7 and Gardner Webb by 1pt.      Yes, Hugh Freeze and the Flames.    Very inflated record.    Let's stop with this.   Please.

On 11/3/2022 at 8:07 PM, autiger88 said:

What's the point? We have an AD who doesn't want anything to do with NIL so any coach we get will be going uphill trying to win... Atleast that's what some are putting out there 😒

This is the sort if rumor mongering that nakes social media a joke. Under our new AD, Auburn kicks off one of the largest funded NIL initiatives in the nation on 11/14. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Guess who beat S. Miss in 3OT, UAB by 7 and Gardner Webb by 1pt.      Yes, Hugh Freeze and the Flames.    Very inflated record.    Let's stop with this.   Please.

And they just skull dragged Arkansas at home, on homecoming for the Pigs. He coaches LIBERTY. Their stadium holds 25,000, and they are three years removed from being a FCS school. Gardner Webb was a rivalry game for them in their prior FCS conference, where GW is presently in 2nd place.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

This is the sort if rumor mongering that nakes social media a joke. Under our new AD, Auburn kicks off one of the largest funded NIL initiatives in the nation on 11/14. 

I hope you know that I was being sarcastic