My closing case for Deion

auburnatl1

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Great analogy.  Some want to hire the coach of the past.  Some want to hire the coach of the future.

The unique difference between hiring a traditional up and comer (ie an OC somewhere) and DS is you don’t have build a brand problem for 2-3 years. Instant impact, instant high end staff, instant pedigree. It’s many ways it’s cheating on the test.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I'm sure if Deion succeeds in a P5 job, the entire world will hear about it straight from his own mouth. The guy can't go 2 minutes without talking about himself. He was a great football player, very average baseball player and the most arrogant athlete to ever live that's not named Muhammad Ali. 

All we ever hear about Deion is that he can recruit. If that's the case, I would just keep Cadillac over hiring Deion. Cadillac has coached above an FCS level atleast. Cadillac can also recruit well. He is limited in coaching experience but so is Deion. Cadillac atleast knows Auburn and loves Auburn and he wouldn't make it all about himself like Deion seems to do. 

I also want my head coach to look somewhat professional and not wear more jewelry than Mr. T and not coach in sunglasses while playing inside a dome. 

This started out awful and somehow kept getting worse. I'd ask for a rational explanation of your jewelry and sunglasses concern, but I'm not going to get one. 

42 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Have to wonder why you took it so personally?

Just ask him who called him ignorant or even reacted negatively to him "only" saying Sanders needs more experience.

Guy is a compulsive liar

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I agree with all of this!!

Let's just say that the Deion fans here at Auburn get their wish and we hire him as HC. 90% of what we hear positive about Deion is that he would relate to recruits and he would be recruiting at a top level. So if he recruits at a top level, that means that he will have us on the same level as Alabama and Georgia. 

Then what?? We know that Nick Saban and any staff he has under him can coach and win titles. We know that Kirby Smart and his staff can coach and win titles. 

Deion hasn't proven anything as far as coaching. If Harsin winning at Boise State doesn't prove a coach can win at Auburn then Deion having 1 or 2 good years at an FCS school for sure doesn't prove anything. 

Just like our fans are caught up in their emotions because Caddy had an overtime loss at Mississippi State and beat Jimbo by a FG, the Deion fans are also caught up in their emotions because they've watched some JSU hype videos on YouTube. 

I was onboard with letting Gus go but if he gets fired for 8 winning seasons, an SEC Title and NC game appearance and 3 wins against Alabama then our next Auburn coach better not be a RB coach with no experience or a guy that loves the camera and wins at his FCS school. 

We better get a coach with SEC experience and a proven winner at this level and not somebody thats just a hype man in jewelry with his PR team filming his every move. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiHue3I4Jc5ht6ECt6GOGThis guy says hello.  He had a couple of good years.

He is doing ok at K-state.  Have you even looked at the coaches that Prime has on his staff?  I am not caught up in emotion but have really looked at his program before I made a judgement on him.  He has recruited well and won.  He didn't like his offense post first year and decided he wanted more points so he reached out to Leach to get a recommendation.  Thus now he has an air raid coach.  His Defense has been legit as I believe it has been the best in the league since he has been there.  Can he come into the SEC with his current team and win? No but that is expected.  It is expected that Mercer doesn't come in and win either.  It looks like you haven't looked into him but are dismissive. 

So here is a challenge to you...negative recruit prime.  Hard to do.  But let's do the same with Kiffin or other coaches. 

10 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

But respectfully, your points have  been brought up 500 times before. If you don’t see it. Fine. But let’s stop looping

You aren't looping with the incessant "I want Sanders" posts? The identical pipe dream stuff over and over? Sure you are. Sanders is poorly qualified for a P5 head coaching job and all reports indicate that he is not now and has never been considered for the Auburn coaching job. Yet, this thread winds on and on......

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

The unique difference between hiring a traditional up and comer (ie an OC somewhere) and DS is you don’t have build a brand problem for 2-3 years. Instant impact, instant high end staff, instant pedigree. It’s many ways it’s cheating on the test.

Auburn hasn't hired a head football coach w/o previous head coaching experience since Ralph Shug Jordan; not likely to break that trend with this hire. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

You aren't looping with the incessant "I want Sanders" posts? The identical pipe dream stuff over and over? Sure you are. Sanders is poorly qualified for a P5 head coaching job and all reports indicate that he is not now and has never been considered for the Auburn coaching job. Yet, this thread winds on and on......

It’s great to see you trying to contribute.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Systems said:

Auburn hasn't hired a head football coach w/o previous head coaching experience since Ralph Shug Jordan; not likely to break that trend with this hire. 

Doug Barfield

• Like 2

3 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s great to see you trying to contribute.

Oh, I'm contributing. You dislike the facts I'm pointing out but sometimes reality does have a way of putting a damper on pie in the sky day dreams.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Oh, I'm contributing. You dislike the facts I'm pointing out but sometimes reality does have a way of putting a damper on pie in the sky day dreams.

Well I guess if you see that as something that gives you a purpose - sure, have at it.

Btw it is amazing the number of stories Charles generated the other day. Still coming out.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2022/11/deion-sanders-auburn/

19 hours ago, Systems said:

12 hours ago, cctiger said:

Doug Barfield

So Systems, I guess you don't count Prime's HC experience now?  So if not, do you include Tot's experience at Samford?  If you do then what is the difference? Seems Prime has more juice than Tot as to recruiting etc and getting coaches that he wants...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

So Systems, I guess you don't count Prime's HC experience now?  So if not, do you include Tot's experience at Samford?  If you do then what is the difference? Seems Prime has more juice than Tot as to recruiting etc and getting coaches that he wants...

No, I do count any previous HC experience. I didn't realize DB had no previous experience but if true it would be an outlier. What I'm saying is: if we (the PTB) consider that CW has potential, "we" would put him in a place to be a HC (like Chizik at Iowa or Malzahn at Arky State) so he can one day come back to Auburn and make things great. He's a good coach with an infectious positive vibe but he's missing out on some HC stuff that he needs in order to really great - all I'm saying. We should invest in our future talent - like CW - by partnering with our other colleges with HC opportunities. It's my hope that I'm not confusing others in my deeply-rooted support of Auburn. #WDE

23 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Well I guess if you see that as something that gives you a purpose - sure, have at it.

Btw it is amazing the number of stories Charles generated the other day. Still coming out.

We should choose our next head coach based on how many online stories Barkley generates? I guess so. That makes as much sense as some of the other reasons the Sanders worshipers have put forth.

On 11/19/2022 at 12:01 AM, Systems said:

Which is why @Mikey's guy, with 28 years as an assistant and zero as a HC, is a fart in the AU coaching search wind.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Which is why @Mikey's guy, with 28 years as an assistant and zero as a HC, is a fart in the AU coaching search wind.

Not necessarily. It may be time to try something else. Being a head coach somewhere didn't help Harsin very much.

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We should choose our next head coach based on how many online stories Barkley generates? I guess so. That makes as much sense as some of the other reasons the Sanders worshipers have put forth.

Barkley > Mikey 

23 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

"could you imagine how many five star recruits would go to Auburn to play for Deion?"

No Chuck...I can't imagine it because AU only wants to hire a HC with P5 HC experience, so multiple 5-star recruits from Deion at AU will remain a pipe dream.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not necessarily. It may be time to try something else. Being a head coach somewhere didn't help Harsin very much.

If AU gets told no from their first 10 candidates and has to hire your guy, we will continue to fight Missouri and Vandy for the bottom of the SEC barrel. And considering what Vandy has done lately, your guy might cement AU in the Mariana Trench.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

"could you imagine how many five star recruits would go to Auburn to play for Deion?"

No Chuck...I can't imagine it because AU only wants to hire a HC with P5 HC experience, so multiple 5-star recruits from Deion at AU will remain a pipe dream.

Charles Barkley is a meme. Does he know about Jimbo and TAMU’s slew of talent?

It’s not really a video game like so many want to pretend it is. You get a top 5 class and all these transfers and what if they have no superior scheme and coaching? They will lose to the 5* at UGA and Bama. It won’t really be prime time next late September getting pants by Georgia for like the 7th straight time. 

What does Deion and his staff do that is so unique schematically that would compliment this great recruiting reputation of his. I have not seen a single person answer that. 

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah Deion is definitely my choice, but I would be quite pleased with Joey Fresh.

I guess at this point since he seems to be the only target, if Fresh tells us no thanks, it's going to be a punch in the gut.

Then it would be Princess Leia asking Prime as our only hope.

I still do not like Fresh long-term. He will bail on us like he has everyone else.

8 minutes ago, woodford said:

Charles Barkley is a meme. Does he know about Jimbo and TAMU’s slew of talent?

It’s not really a video game like so many want to pretend it is. You get a top 5 class and all these transfers and what if they have no superior scheme and coaching? They will lose to the 5* at UGA and Bama. It won’t really be prime time next late September getting pants by Georgia for like the 7th straight time. 

What does Deion and his staff do that is so unique schematically that would compliment this great recruiting reputation of his. I have not seen a single person answer that. 

Again, it's one "slew of talent" for Jimbo.

Deion's club is undefeated. What more do you want where he's at?

And no...Chuck will not win this Prime to AU battle alone.

43 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Barkley > Mikey 

No offense, I mean this in the nicest possible way but,,, are you insane?

You honestly believe Charles Barkley and Bo Jackson know more about competing, about winning than,,, Mikey and Woodford?

• Haha 2