Allegedly both Franklin and Dabo have spoken to Auburn

AU-24

Since Godfrey's comments, news surrounding both Franklin and Swinney has leaked - according to 247Sports, Franklin has now emerged as a candidate for the opening. Both of their representatives have been in contact with Auburn. In fact, Dabo Swinney's camp was having discussions with the Tigers last weekend.

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/.amp/football/auburn-football-coaching-search-john-cohen-lane-kiffin-hugh-freeze-dan-lanning-dabo-swinney-ryan-day

If this is true, (and it probably isn’t) it may add more credence to the rumor that Dabo is pissed the turds allegedly told Kiffin you are our number one, once Nick Satan retires. So Dabo was so butt hurt over this, he decides to pursue the Auburn opening. Again, total rumor!

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• AU-24 changed the title to Allegedly both Franklin and Dabo have spoken to Auburn .

No, this isn't true.  Not by a long shot. 

But I sure hope it is and Dabo is our next HC.  He brings much to the table with none of the baggage or inexperience that the other coaches do.

Dabo, Dabo, Dabo.  Go Dabo.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

That isn’t a particularly plugged outlet, but Godfrey from SZD did give an inclination that he hadn’t had an exhaustive list of who Auburn could’ve been talking to. He’s really connected though, and didn’t mention anybody that made me feel good other than Lane.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That isn’t a particularly plugged outlet, but Godfrey from SZD did give an inclination that he hadn’t had an exhaustive list of who Auburn could’ve been talking to. He’s really connected though, and didn’t mention anybody that made me feel good other than Lane.

Auburn has probably talked to "Casper the Ghost" by now, just to say they've explored every opportunity.

But I imagine they've (we've) had a couple coaches in their sights.  Kiffin and Freeze.  I'm glad to hear that they may be considering Dabo as well.

Dabo beats Kiffin, Freeze, and Sanders by a large margin.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Auburn has probably talked to "Casper the Ghost" by now, just to say they've explored every opportunity.

But I imagine they've (we've) had a couple coaches in their sights.  Kiffin and Freeze.  I'm glad to hear that they may be considering Dabo as well.

Dabo beats Kiffin, Freeze, and Sanders by a large margin.

My biggest fear:

- Dabo gives a verbal commitment to AU to be our next HC.

-AU believes that and quits the coaching search, driving away Kiffin and Freeze.

- Clemson wins the natty, giving Dabo his 3rd at Clemson.

- Dabo decides in late February to stay at Clemson, and we lose out on Kiffin and Freeze.

We wind up with Rhett Lashlee or some other stiff.

In other words, JABA.

Please, talk me off the ledge.

Edited by MaxCohen216
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

I don't think anyone is going to be foolish enough to hire Hugh Freeze at a major college except us, so I think he'll be around regardless of what happens. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

My biggest fear:

-AU believes that and quits the coaching search, driving away Kiffin and Freeze.

- Dabo decides in late February to stay at Clemson, and we lose out on Kiffin and Freeze.

In other words, JABA.

This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slabo is a Bama homer, he would do anything to crush Auburn, He is a Hoover Boy, regardless of his history of coaching, why would we even let him close to the hen house much less give him the keys to it. Run and run fast.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 3

5 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

My biggest fear:

In other words, JABA.

Rhett finds your lack of faith disturbing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

I’d rather have freeze over Dabo or Franklin 

It will be interesting to see where Freeze ends up. If he’s such a good candidate, he won’t be at Liberty after this season regardless. 

Agents for coaches express interest in other jobs for their guy all the time trying to up the ante in their current job. Franklin and Dabo are not coming to Auburn.  Period.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

My biggest fear:

In other words, JABA.

I don’t think Auburn is that stupid and that’s quite going out on a limb given recent history. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

It will be interesting to see where Freeze ends up. If he’s such a good candidate, he won’t be at Liberty after this season regardless. 

West Virginia 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slabo is a Bama homer, he would do anything to crush Auburn, He is a Hoover Boy, regardless of his history of coaching, why would we even let him close to the hen house much less give him the keys to it. Run and run fast.  

Whats wrong with being a Hoover boy? I'll have you know that I'm a Hoover boy!...

3 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a coach is getting paid you really think he gives a damn about what school he went to? You think he would sabotage his career just because he was a bammer 🤣🤣

Some of y'all are killing me with y'all's thoughts good lord. 🤦

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 5

• WarTiger changed the title to Allegedly both Franklin and Dabo have spoken to Auburn
2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

If a coach is getting paid you really think he gives a damn about what school he went too? You think he would sabotage his career just because he was a bammer 🤣🤣

Some of y'all are killing me with y'all's thoughts good lord. 🤦

I’m laughing at Hoover boy. That is the stupidest thing I’ve heard in a while. People really think like that ?

• Love 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I’m laughing at Hoover boy. That is the stupidest thing I’ve heard in a while. People really think like that ?

Apparently, like you said little brother syndrome is coming out in this thread 🤦