Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

Just now, ToomersRevenge said:

What point is this? He doesn’t support liberty. 

So it's ok for  Danny Hugh with all his iniquities to lead the young men at Liberty cause they don't matter as much as young men at AU?

2 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Well, Auburn's powers are getting plastered with correspondence against Freeze.  There is more stuff out there on him. You Freeze guys need to be ready to take an L.  BTW- The mysterious coach is from out west.  

Ok thanks

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

So it's ok for  Danny Hugh with all his iniquities to lead the young men at Liberty cause they don't matter as much as young men at AU?

Are you being just this obtuse for a reason? Why would an Auburn fan have a say on that? His opinion is probably that he can’t control the hire here but he won’t support it here. He doesn’t care what Liberty does because he doesn’t support liberty.

The guy is a s***ty person, and that’s probably on par for liberty and its founders. But Auburn isn’t that place and we don’t have to hire to him when we can hire someone else.

I’d have the same opposition to Les Miles, Ed Orgeron, or Art Briles.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I don’t think it is but I also don’t support them and won’t because of it.  If anyone says it’s ok for him to be the leader of those young men but not others, they’re a hypocrite 

Just now, ToomersRevenge said:

Are you being just this obtuse for a reason? Why would an Auburn fan have a say on that? His opinion is probably that he can’t control the hire here but he won’t support it here. He doesn’t care what Liberty does because he doesn’t support liberty.

The guy is a s***ty person, and that’s probably on par for liberty and its founders. But Auburn isn’t that place and we don’t have to hire to him when we can hire someone else.

I’d have the same opposition to Les Miles, Ed Orgeron, or Art Briles.

Just seems to me , the Never Freezers should hold opposition to Freeze coaching Anywhere,  not just AU

4 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I don’t think it is but I also don’t support them and won’t because of it.  If anyone says it’s ok for him to be the leader of those young men but not others, they’re a hypocrite 

Interesting 

5 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

Are you being just this obtuse for a reason?

Yes. They've been trolling people like we're on Twitter since yesterday afternoon. So you'll waste your time if you get involved in these conversations.

10 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Well, Auburn's powers are getting plastered with correspondence against Freeze.  There is more stuff out there on him. You Freeze guys need to be ready to take an L.  BTW- The mysterious coach is from out west.  

I think there aren’t that many Freeze guys on here. But there are a number of “okay with Freeze” guys that aren’t going to disqualify him for his past mistakes and assume they know his heart today. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

I think there aren’t that many Freeze guys on here. But there are a number of “okay with Freeze” guys that aren’t going to disqualify him for his past mistakes and assume they know his heart today. 

I'm not necessarily a Freeze guy. I just don't get the whole.... IM DONE WITH AU OR ILL TURN IN MY AU CARD etc if we hire Danny Hugh. I will support the TEAM no matter who they hire. I have never cheered for a coach. Only the players and school. I also believe in 2nd chances and guys redeeming their lives. His wife forgave him. He don't need forgiveness from me. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Fickle is heading to Wisky.  If that’s who Auburn was talking to then Hugh’s non burner phone is about to ring.

Wow great hire for Wiscy. I think it’s a better fit for Fickell too, even if we’re a better program. 

To clear a few things up:

I don't care about Freeze's morals or heart or religion. 

I don't like Freeze because of his propensity to make very bad, stupid decisions...and then get caught with his hand in the cookie jar

I don't care so much that he cheated on his wife as much I do that he was cheating on her with hookers that he was contacting on his work phone that could be monitored. That's just moronic on top tier level. I'm sure there are current coaches/players in AU football that have cheated on their spouses/g/fs but they kept it in their private life and didn't mix it in with their work.

I don't care so much that he was paying recruits and cheating in football as much that he was one of the relativity few coaches in NCAA football that got exposed and caught blatantly doing it. I'm sure there have been people associated with AU football that payed players and/or cheated in the past...but they were smart about it and didn't get caught.

Hugh Freeze is an idiotic person that makes bad decisions and then is too stupid to not get caught doing them, thus ruining his and his employers reputation.

That's a primary reason why I don't want to see him as a leader at Auburn.

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

VegasEagle, Is the mysterious coach really in play or are you just putting that out there? Lanning gave AU a verbal “no thanks,” a few weeks ago, but after reading the article below on si.com, I’m hoping that you are genuinely onto something  

Auburn, Dan Lanning have mutual interest in Tigers' head coaching job
After this last go around with Bryan Harsin, one could argue that while the Tigers need someone who will win, they also need someone who can blend into the landscape a little better. Someone who can earn the support of the fanbase and also back it up with winning.

Dan Lanning is a stand up coach who isn't a personality risk like Lane Kiffin or Hugh Freeze. Bottom line. On top of that, he's arguably a better recruiter than both.

He has everything except a lengthy head coaching record. He can recruit, he's a proven winner in the SEC, and his personality would fit well on the Plains.

I see that you’ve been on the board since 2011, so I’m hoping you know something. Freeze is not only a horrible choice for a myriad of reasons, he would divide the fanbase from the get go. I believe Lanning would team up with Cadillac (at some level) and totally springboard the program in a wildly positive direction. 

Edited by auburndkel

1 minute ago, auburndkel said:

VegasEagle, Is the mysterious coach really in play or are you just putting that out there? Lanning gave AU a verbal “no thanks,” a few weeks ago, but after reading the article below on si.com, I’m hoping that you are genuinely onto something  

After this last go around with Bryan Harsin, one could argue that while the Tigers need someone who will win, they also need someone who can blend into the landscape a little better. Someone who can earn the support of the fanbase and also back it up with winning.

Dan Lanning is a stand up coach who isn't a personality risk like Lane Kiffin or Hugh Freeze. Bottom line. On top of that, he's arguably a better recruiter than both.

He has everything except a lengthy head coaching record. He can recruit, he's a proven winner in the SEC, and his personality would fit well on the Plains.

I see that you’ve been on the board since 2011, so I’m hoping you know something. Freeze is not only a horrible choice for a myriad of reasons, he would divide the fanbase from the get go. I believe Lanning would team up with Cadillac (at some level) and totally springboard the program in a wildly positive direction. 

It is another west coast coach

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

Out of Riley, Kelly, and Whittingham, who would this fanbase all get behind and collectively support. Riley would be the only one that would possibly be a good fit IMO, but I question how good he could be in the SEC. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Out of Riley, Kelly, and Whittingham, who would this fanbase all get behind and collectively support. Riley would be the only one that would possibly be a good fit IMO, but I question how good he could be in the SEC. 

Whittingham was who I thought of when he made the post. Always had him in the back of my mind. Feel like he'd be a great fit here IF he could recruit. Big if there of course 

actually, in my experience, non-christians TOTALLY have a better grasp on it than Evangelicals and Southern Baptists.  

9 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

A non Christian is going to tell a Christian what the Word of God really means and where to go in scripture to let something soak in 🤣🤣

Thanks for displaying your bile. Have a nice day.  I’m sorry you were hurt.  The typical “Christian” church isn’t based in true Christianity. 

Guest MustardSeed
12 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

As I said last night. The AU fan base by and large wants decent men in leadership positions. The average message board poster here doesn’t represent the average AU fan in this aspect. Thanks to the overall AU family for actual having morals and standards

16 minutes ago, VegasEagle said:

You sure you didn't read Charles Kelly and get it confused with Chip?

Edited by AUwent

Well with some of the top option going off the board with Matt Rhule and Fickell I can’t wait to see who scramble to get and try to pump it like it was a great hire … Tom Herman is still out there. Bill O Brien?  Of course we don’t want them for some reason but we don’t want any coach for that matter.

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

As I said last night. The AU fan base by and large wants decent men in leadership positions. The average message board poster here doesn’t represent the average AU fan in this aspect. Thanks to the overall AU family for actual having morals and standards

I cant believe you think this post from "Brandy" is real.    How would Brandy possibly know this?  The AD has not even released who the candidates are yet, but they told Brandy that they chose Freeze and backed off because of the vocal lunatic fringe.    Does not make sense.

We know NOTHING about the coaching search.   We do not even know if Freeze was ever on the radar,  and people are trying to put together a mob.     Anyone claiming to have facts at this point is full of s***.   

People need to  try to control their anxiety until we get credible news.   Panicking pitchfork mobs over rumors of hiring's during this search are ridiculous.

• Like 3