Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

11 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Overlooked with Deion: he hires a terrific staff. It’s not just recruiting.

so do all the elite coaches in the SEC.   Can he bring in more better staff and coaches than the current top 3 or 4 Head Coaches in the sec already have? 

1 hour ago, jknighton said:

I don't hate him for that. I actually respect his decision and believe that he has truly grown.

You may have misunderstood my comment (or not) and that’s ok. Not hating him for it. I respect him for choosing something more than just the money. That was my point. 
Just was trying to state that it’s NOT Auburn’s fault he chose family or something over money! All you can do is make the offer, you cannot make someone sign!!

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

You may have misunderstood my comment (or not) and that’s ok. Not hating him for it. I respect him for choosing something more than just the money. That was my point. 
Just was trying to state that it’s NOT Auburn’s fault he chose family or something over money! All you can do is make the offer, you cannot make someone sign!!

I wasn't disagreeing with you, quite the opposite. I agree that choosing family over money shouldn't constitute a loss.

War Eagle

11 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

so do all the elite coaches in the SEC.   Can he bring in more better staff and coaches than the current top 3 or 4 Head Coaches in the sec already have? 

The honest answer is, you won’t get”better,” but I’m sure he’d get as good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

The honest answer is, you won’t get”better,” but I’m sure he’d get as good.

+ much better athletes = more wins

• Like 1

1 minute ago, creed said:

+ much better athletes = more wins

not all the time.  in lower level football maybe,  but the kids have to be coached up.  strategies have to be strong,    It is no longer Jimmy and Joes vs  X's and O's.    You have to  have both and many other attributes.   Be the complete package if you want to compete with he SEC elite.   

Lack of big time football coaching experience will burn him.     If he does really well at Colorado,   we can  go get him.   Let Colorado be the Guinea pig.    

Guest MustardSeed
4 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Freeze is not coming to Auburn.  Auburn people stopped him. 

Please explain… you’re acting like you know something for sure

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Please explain… you’re acting like you know something for sure

Just reading other insiders on other boards.  They are definitively saying Freeze won't be hired, and yes that goes against Mark Murphy's morning comments saying he would surprised if Freeze wasn't hired.  There is a free video on 247.  Cohen and Roberts really left a lot of people out of the loop. 

Edited by Auburn93

6 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Freeze is not coming to Auburn.  Auburn people stopped him. 

Good.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Auburn has always had a little higher standards, and I don't want to lose that even if our culture HAS gone mad.  

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
28 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Good.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Auburn has always had a little higher standards, and I don't want to lose that even if our culture HAS gone mad.  

If Freeze is hired you’ll immediately lose the support of tons of fans, including myself. It may not be the standard on the message board, but by and large Auburn fans want good people in their programs, especially in charge of them. Lots of money would immediately walk IMO. It would be a thousand times worse than any other JABA move that’s ever been made. 

Edited by MustardSeed

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

If Freeze is hired you’ll immediately lose the support of tons of fans, including myself. It may not be the standard on the message board, but by and large Auburn fans want good people in their programs, especially in charge of them. Lots of money would immediately walk IMO. It would be a thousand times worse than any other JABA move that’s ever been made. 

Bingo!

Guest MustardSeed
32 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Just reading other insiders on other boards.  They are definitively saying Freeze won't be hired, and yes that goes against Mark Murphy's morning comments saying he would surprised if Freeze wasn't hired.  There is a free video on 247.  Cohen and Roberts really left a lot of people out of the loop. 

If Cohen went after Freeze after being associated with his downfall at OM, we just made the worst AD hire AU history

6 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Agree.

9 hours ago, aucom96 said:

We'll truly take the title of Coaching Carousel U at this pace. 

I'm sick of the revolving door policy with non-lovers of Auburn. So much so, I could just :puke:on a 🤡🌎 of 🐮💩.

Edited by Bottomfeeder

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

Like seriously. I utterly despise it. I get there's a lot of moral turpitude in the college game these days, but I can't get behind this.

I hope this hypocrite crashes and burns. Some things are more important than football. 

Y'all keep raining it on me. I don't mind.

I'll eat these dislikes and wear them like a badge of honor. 

Tells me more about y'all than it does me. 

Edited by AUDub

9 hours ago, au302 said:

It's a divisive hire, at best. I think he'd win, but the "family" will divide once again after Caddy brought us together for the first time in years

It seems any hire except Caddy will be divisive. 

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Whether that’s true or not, Freeze would be the most divisive in history and it’s not even comparable to anything else…at least not in my 40 plus years. And that goes for all sports

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

It would most definitely be divisive. IDK if you're saying that everyone would hate it, but I can assure you there are a number of people in our fanbase who want it.

23 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Y'all keep raining it on me. I don't mind.

I'll eat these dislikes and wear them like a badge of honor. 

Tells me more about y'all than it does me. 

Did you quote yourself?