Apparently it’s Freeze

Auburn Tiger

i am a arky guy but i would coach auburn  for 100k a year   just be known after i get u to 12-0 i might go to arky   i would hire 4 to 5 coaches  just to work  on bama  that would be their job    

and my goal would be  the most hated man in T-Town by winning  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sportstiger said:

When it comes to Freeze, let he with out sin cast the first stone!! People change!!

Amen! And let he who is not smart enough to use a burner phone never coach at Auburn!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Amen! And let he who is not smart enough to use a burner phone never coach at Auburn!

But what if he used a Barner phone? 😂I’ll see myself out. 

• Haha 2

I wanted Freeze as coach a couple years ago. I'd be very pleased if this is true. If he can get Ole Miss to major bowls and consistently put up pretty good teams at Liberty, he should have a shot at greatness here. And I know, personal baggage. For the record, I don't care about his personal life. Just avoid NCAA violations, which should be easy with NIL, and win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hutchids said:

I wanted Freeze as coach a couple years ago. I'd be very pleased if this is true. If he can get Ole Miss to major bowls and consistently put up pretty good teams at Liberty, he should have a shot at greatness here. And I know, personal baggage. For the record, I don't care about his personal life. Just avoid NCAA violations, which should be easy with NIL, and win.

Their results the last three weeks have been beyond frustrating. But yes, for a program that just joined FBS, he's done a fine job.

Edited by AUwent

well if freeze does not  work out  1 of the razorbacks message board it's 50-50 on pittman  u could do worse  great man   has played bama really well the last 2 years  players play hard for him 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, hogmen said:

well if freeze does not  work out  1 of the razorbacks message board it's 50-50 on pittman  u could do worse  great man   has played bama really well the last 2 years  players play hard for him 

Opened up a can of wild hawgs on Kiffy.

40 minutes ago, hutchids said:

Haven’t you heard, Freeze is the debil and 90% of all Auburn fans will sit out football until he’s fired. 
At this point, Auburn fans deserve what they get. And they will most likely be right back here in a few years calling the new candidates for head coach little debils again.

At every turn, the new Auburn fan is its own worst enemy.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, hogmen said:

I'd like to take a break from coaches from Arkansas for awhile. Probably a lot on here that would have zero excitement about him. 

That being said, Pittman, IMO, has done a great job with Arkansas, and I am looking forward to see what he can do there the next couple of years. 

45 minutes ago, hutchids said:

He went 5-7 in his last season at Ole Miss. He lost by 3 touchdowns to Vanderbilt. He lost by 40 points to New Mexico State today.

New President, new AD and it still took an overwhelming number of fans standing up and saying "no" to possibly stop another atrocious hire. I have absolutely zero faith in the people that run Auburn that they'll hire a decent coach. I'm at the point that we should just give Caddy the job. At least he won't embarrass the program and he loves Auburn more than anyone else we could get.

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 2

I'll catch complete hell for this but I'm going to say it.

Hugh Freeze paid for players, got caught, lost his job, Ole Miss was put on probation.

He also loved young, pretty ladies.

Pat Dye paid for players, got caught, lost his job, Auburn was put on probation.

Pat Dye loved to have a drink or two and I'll just leave it at that.

The Auburn fanbase thinks one of those men shouldn't be allowed within 10 miles of Jordan Hare Stadium due to his past.

Those same fans worship the other man and named their damn football field after him. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

New President, new AD and it still took an overwhelming number of fans standing up and saying "no" to possibly stop another atrocious hire. I have absolutely zero faith in the people that run Auburn that they'll hire a decent coach. I'm at the point that we should just give Caddy the job. At least he won't embarrass the program and he loves Auburn more than anyone else we could get.

Freeze was out before this. If you let pundits from the press talk you into this narrative “Auburn has been talking to Freeze for weeks” then I have 100 acres of prime Arizona beachfront for sale. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I'll catch complete hell for this but I'm going to say it.

Hugh Freeze paid for players, got caught, lost his job, Ole Miss was put on probation.

He also loved young, pretty ladies.

Pat Dye paid for players, got caught, lost his job, Auburn was put on probation.

Pat Dye loved to have a drink or two and I'll just leave it at that.

The Auburn fanbase thinks one of those men shouldn't be allowed within 10 miles of Jordan Hare Stadium due to his past.

Those same fans worship the other man and named their damn football field after him. 

Drinking is legal. 

32 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

so we are going to let the inmates run the asylum? we will never settle on a coach if that is the case.     I'm not a big Freeze fan,  but come on.

CADDY IS NOT READY!

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Freeze was out before this. If you let pundits from the press talk you into this narrative “Auburn has been talking to Freeze for weeks” then I have 100 acres of prime Arizona beachfront for sale. 

Exactly. Freeze signed an 8 year, $40 million dollar extension at Liberty October 28th, 2022. So if the media is right and Auburn has been talking to him for several weeks then that means Freeze signed an extension while in talks with Auburn. The media is full of crap on this one. 

He for sure signed that extension but we weren't talking to him and I would bet we haven't talked to him at all. He was available in 2020 and we didn't interview him then either. I doubt Freeze ever coaches in the SEC again. 

22 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

so we are going to let the inmates run the asylum? we will never settle on a coach if that is the case.     I'm not a big Freeze fan,  but come on.

CADDY IS NOT READY!

Caddy is not getting the job. They need to give Deion Sanders an interview. Then talk to Grimes.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DAG said:

The truth of the matter is Freeze knows he screwed up in the past.

He knows this may be his final shot.

He has not had a perfect season at Liberty, but I think what he has done at Liberty in this short time has been really good. Yes he has had bad Ls too.

He wants to be here. Our Rivals know what type of coach he can be.

He fits the boxes behind the scenes that Auburn people like (I hate that talk).

With all the right pieces moving forward, and Freeze work ethic, this can be amazing. 

I also understand that people are disappointed and will need a wait and see approach. I hope the fans, if Freeze is named coach, give him some benefit of a doubt.

Also, he for sure would keep caddy.

Freeze could beat Saban in year 1. 

Just now, Systems said:

Freeze could beat Saban in year 1. 

Maybe, but it won't be him. So we need to move to the next. I am saying DS

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Caddy is not getting the job. They need to give Deion Sanders an interview. Then talk to Grimes.

Yep, exactly.

Just now, DAG said:

Maybe, but it won't be him. So we need to move to the next. I am saying DS

If it's not Kiffn, it probably shouldn't be Freeze either. And it can't be Williams yet. Dabo is a pipe-dream. Which leaves Grimes and Sanders; choose Sanders for the best chance to get a ton of great recruits fast and win quickly. 

Does John Cohen read these message boards? Probably not. Regardless.

1. Kiffin: can beat Saban, communications breakdown 
2. Freeze: strong winning upside, divisive to fan base
3. Williams: unites the fan base, no head coaching experience
4. Dabo: strong winning potential, probably a pipe-dream
5. Grimes: up and coming OC, no head coaching experience
6. Sanders: exceptional recruiting potential, limited power 5 program exposure
7. Fickle: proven winner, no SEC ties
8. Stoops: program builder, not sexy
9. O'Brian: strong HC experience, impersonable 
10. Leach: curious - not on the market
11. Dykes: curious - momentum trending downward

1 minute ago, Systems said:

If it's not Kiffn, it probably shouldn't be Freeze either. And it can't be Williams yet. Dabo is a pipe-dream. Which leaves Grimes and Sanders; choose Sanders for the best chance to get a ton of great recruits fast and win quickly. 

Does John Cohen read these message boards? Probably not. Regardless.

1. Kiffin: can beat Saban, communications breakdown 
2. Freeze: strong winning upside, divisive to fan base
3. Williams: unites the fan base, no head coaching experience
4. Dabo: strong winning potential, probably a pipe-dream
5. Grimes: up and coming OC, no head coaching experience
6. Sanders: exceptional recruiting potential, limited power 5 program exposure
7. Fickle: proven winner, no SEC ties
8. Stoops: program builder, not sexy
9. O'Brian: strong HC experience, impersonable 
10. Leach: curious - not on the market
11. Dykes: curious - momentum trending downward

Interesting list. Nice characteristics. I feel like we don't need to reinvent the wheel here. Go after Deion or Grimes

• Like 1