Calling all REAL AUBURN fans

Taker

We are meeting up at the dollar general just off campus to make a walk over to Cohens house to demand an answer on what is going on with this coaching search! If you don't come with us then you don't love AUBURN or Your kids.

Screenshot_20221126_194701.jpg

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Taker said:

We are meeting up at the dollar general just off campus to make a walk over to Cohens house to demand an answer on what is going on with this coaching search! If you don't come with us then you don't love AUBURN or Your kids.

I’m sure that will straighten everything out…

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

The forum feels like a big ol Twitter party today lol

Oh yes it does.... this is the worst I have seen people in a while... 

5 minutes ago, Taker said:

Some of these people are cracking under the pressure of waiting.   The ONLY thing that is different now from 4 weeks ago is time.   We still do not even know who the candidates are.  

I want to know who the next coach is going to be as and much as anyone.    I was hoping we would know by now, and i feel a bit let down that we have NO  real news yet,  but of some of these posters coming apart at the seams over rumors  is just bizarre.       

32 minutes ago, Taker said:

Pitchfork Sour patch Bunch: How dare you hire him ! 

Cohen: I haven't hired anyone

Pitchfork sour patch bunch:........

• Haha 1

Well the Twitter wanna be mods pulled my post down about this? I guess losing out on coaches like in 2020 and now you can’t put blame on the man in charge. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Some of these people are cracking under the pressure of waiting.   The ONLY thing that is different now from 4 weeks ago is time.   We still do not even know who the candidates are.  

I want to know who the next coach is going to be as and much as anyone.    I was hoping we would know by now, and i feel a bit let down that we have NO  real news yet,  but of some of these posters coming apart at the seams over rumors  is just bizarre.       

For real,  it would be great to know who it is... but this is where we are at and all we can do is wait.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Pitchfork Sour patch Bunch: How dare you hire him ! 

Cohen: I haven't hired anyone

Pitchfork sour patch bunch:........

BUT someone leaked out something so it has to be fact..... right.... RIGHT.... 

Cohen.... Screenshot_20221105_234442.jpg

• Haha 1

Its weird that in a forum talking about Auburn football people want silence regarding the biggest topic of the day involving Auburn football, ridiculing those participating in conversations. Most of the people "melting down" and "crying" were literally just expressing opinions.

Just now, TheDob06 said:

Good idea.  What could go wrong?

Listen I have been watching this game a long time. The Bama fans literally did this to their coach Bill  Curie after losing one game out of the year to Auburn. And they forced the issue to do better 

35 minutes ago, Taker said:

This is what happens when Auburn is trying to choose between an immature, twitter - loving average coach and another average coach with a terrible background. 
this is what you get. 
All this money, brand new football facility that is the best in the country, amazing NIL, and these are our choices?

surely not. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

Its weird that in a forum talking about Auburn football people want silence regarding the biggest topic of the day involving Auburn football, ridiculing those participating in conversations. Most of the people "melting down" and "crying" were literally just expressing opinions.

Noone is ridiculing people for expressing their opinion, unless in fact that opinion is a pure meltdown such as

"your not a real fan if you approve of freeze" 

"If you support Freeze you support sexual harrasment/assault"

"Fire Cohen he has missed on everyone" 

"If you like Freeze you have no morals" 

Yeah that is pretty much what most people's argument has been repeatedly...

1 minute ago, eagle12 said:

Listen I have been watching this game a long time. The Bama fans literally did this to their coach Bill  Curie after losing one game out of the year to Auburn. And they forced the issue to do better 

I'm all for doing better but our approach of trying to be like that school over there is ridiculous. We spend so much breath trying to convince people we are not inferior to them but everyone argues that "this is how Bama does it" 

We're not that poor man's excuse for a life... we are Auburn and we must start acting like it and quit chasing the ghosts of others. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

This is what happens when Auburn is trying to choose between an immature, twitter - loving average coach and another average coach with a terrible background. 
this is what you get. 
All this money, brand new football facility that is the best in the country, amazing NIL, and these are our choices?

surely not. 

I agree, I seem to remember Cohen saying that there was no timeline for a hire and that only those inside the AD (Cohen, Rich, Roberts) were involved in this...

Doesn't matter what is leaked until Cohen announces the hire... then we can meltdown accordingly. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Taker said:

Thats going to make a bad story. Meeting at the Dollar General.

1 minute ago, Taker said:

Noone is ridiculing people for expressing their opinion, unless in fact that opinion is a pure meltdown such as

Thats not true.

2 minutes ago, Taker said:

I'm all for doing better but our approach of trying to be like that school over there is ridiculous. We spend so much breath trying to convince people we are not inferior to them but everyone argues that "this is how Bama does it" 

We're not that poor man's excuse for a life... we are Auburn and we must start acting like it and quit chasing the ghosts of others. 

At one time we were not inferior to them! We was the dominant football team in the state. But starting then they turned it around. And what Auburn has been doing lately is not working. They passed on Kirby smart in 2012 ? That could have been the turning point. 

23 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Well the Twitter wanna be mods pulled my post down about this? I guess losing out on coaches like in 2020 and now you can’t put blame on the man in charge. 

Or maybe it was pulled because it was an asinine thread on a day filled with other asinine threads 🙃

1 minute ago, eagle12 said:

At one time we were not inferior to them! We was the dominant football team in the state. But starting then they turned it around. And what Auburn has been doing lately is not working. They passed on Kirby smart in 2012 ? That could have been the turning point. 

I agree that we were the dominate program in the state prior to bear... once they hired him we didn't reciprocate in like fashion and keep step... in fact until the Dye hire we were not relevant compared to them. 

After Bear they made multiple bad hires until they landed Saban. 

In kind we have made some bad hires since Dye... Tubbs was the real deal (albeit Bama was a trash program then)  and we forced him out and proceeded to make poor hiring decisions since... 

• Like 2