Past Transfers

Jabo

I know we’ve had some work out great in the past and some not so great. I also know we’ve lost some that have preformed really well at their next stop. 
Four that come to mind are Nick Marshall, Cam  Newton, Bo Nix, and Malik Willis. 
What others can y’all think of that made an impact here or at their new spot. 

14 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Kenny Irons and his brother. David? Cant remember his name but they were a huge get back in the day

I didn’t even realize they were transfers. I loved Auburn then, but I was younger and less educated on football, but definitely loved watching Kenny play. I can’t remember to much about his brother. Maybe it was David?

22 minutes ago, Jabo said:

I know we’ve had some work out great in the past and some not so great. I also know we’ve lost some that have preformed really well at their next stop. 
Four that come to mind are Nick Marshall, Cam  Newton, Bo Nix, and Malik Willis. 

Pegues comes to mind.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Nick Fairley (committed to us initially, but did a couple of years at a CC)

Duke Williams was good for a while

Cameron Artis-Payne

Rudi Johnson

Edited by yngwie1995
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

I hate to say it but Kobi Hudson(WR) that transferred to UCF last year had a great season there. 

A "great" season? Are you being serious? 34 receptions for 578 I think? Yea he had 7 TDs but that is far from a "great" season IMO.

edit- not terrible at all. Probably better than most that have left us honestly. 

Edited by Tigerpro2a

Brandon Jacobs was super loyal to Auburn - stuck to his commitment no matter what.  Had 2 1st round draft picks in front of him and still came here!   Man we were loaded at RB back then - getting to that point again if Tank stays!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Rudi Johnson

That was a HUGE pick up.   Tot left us with zero RBs and CTT was very desperate!   Rudi was AUsome and came at the perfect time!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AUY2K said:

Brandon Jacobs was super loyal to Auburn - stuck to his commitment no matter what.  Had 2 1st round draft picks in front of him and still came here!   Man we were loaded at RB back then - getting to that point again if Tank stays!

I'm not understanding this one?  Brandon transferred out his senior year.

I forgot he transferred out, but he transferred in knowing what was in front of him  - kept his commitment. 

That back field was freakish!!!!  
Carnell

Ronnie

Brandon

Jason

I remember they were trying to get all 4 in at the same time by having Brandon at TE!!! If only Brandon could have come in after Carnell/Ronnie left.

17 hours ago, Jabo said:

One of my favorites was Rudi Johnson. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

No love for Tray Matthews? 

I don't remember him being all that great at AU. Maybe I'm wrong. All I remember is him looking silly trying to tackle Fournette (3rd Quarter).

Edited by yngwie1995

1 hour ago, AUY2K said:

I forgot he transferred out, but he transferred in knowing what was in front of him  - kept his commitment. 

That back field was freakish!!!!  
Carnell

Ronnie

Brandon

Jason

I remember they were trying to get all 4 in at the same time by having Brandon at TE!!! If only Brandon could have come in after Carnell/Ronnie left.

Jason?

I remember Tre Smith. Ran all over bama that day when everyone else was hurt.

image.png

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I don't remember him being all that great at AU. Maybe I'm wrong. All I remember is him looking silly trying to tackle Fournette (3rd Quarter).

He only led AU in tackles in 2016 after surgery on both shoulders the year before. 

Corey Grant transferred from Bama and made an impact on special teams and in the running game

Jamel Dean was a hell of a pickup too, he originally signed with Ohio state

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

Anybody here remember Eltoro Freeman? He came from a JUCO and was a 5 star if I remember correctly. He was a starter but never was a game changer for us. For some reason I just really liked watching him play. He was a freakish athlete and his body looked NFL ready when he got to Auburn. His nickname was "The Bull."

He kinda falls into the same category as Duke Williams for me. Both had the body type and skills to be really special but neither fully panned out for us but for different reasons. WDE

7 hours ago, WarEagle1982 said:

A lot of folks don’t remember, but Kurt Crain was a transfer.  I believe he played at Memphis before he came to Auburn.

I sure did like Curt Crain.

7 hours ago, The Freak said:

I'm not understanding this one?  Brandon transferred out his senior year.

Maybe I'm thinking of something or someone else, but wasn't there a rumor that the coaching staff was wanting to move him to LB at one point in time due to the RB depth?